Ronaldinho - off to AC Milan

STM

I'd be very surprised if Keegan hasn't mentioned going for Ronaldinho to Chris Mort. Don't know what's happened to him at Barca  (he's been injured this year hasn't he?) but I bet he'd love playing for KK if we could get him. I'm not saying its realistic to expect him to come here btw.

Perfect example of a signing to appease the fans.

I honestly don't think he'd be a success here.

I'd be very surprised if Keegan hasn't mentioned going for Ronaldinho to Chris Mort. Don't know what's happened to him at Barca  (he's been injured this year hasn't he?) but I bet he'd love playing for KK if we could get him. I'm not saying its realistic to expect him to come here btw.

Not sure how he'd be coming to appease the fans when he's better than anything we've got in the squad by some distance.

Not sure how he'd be coming to appease the fans when he's better than anything we've got in the squad by some distance.

Because he's been shit for over a year now, and he'd be signed on the back of his name and reputation.

There are better players out there currently who would cost less in transfer fees, wages, and wouldn't spend all of their spare time getting pissed up in the local nightclubs.

Because he's been shit for over a year now, and he'd be signed on the back of his name and reputation.

There are better players out there currently who would cost less in transfer fees, wages, and wouldn't spend all of their spare time getting pissed up in the local nightclubs.

World player of the year 3 years ago and all of a sudden he's too good for us?

What if transfer fees and wages were not a problem?

Also, it's not as if KK has never dealt with party boys before is it.

World player of the year 3 years ago and all of a sudden he's too good for us?

What if transfer fees and wages were not a problem?

Also, it's not as if KK has never dealt with party boys before is it.

I just think there are more suitable players out there, and the main reason to sign him would be to excite the fans.

I don't know why you think wages wouldn't be an issue though tbh

Shit for over a year? Last season was the best he's had in terms of goals in la liga, he wasn't as good as he was the year before but he was the best player on the planet at the time so you can't expect him to keep that form, very few players can keep up that sort of form.

As for this season he's missed a fair bit of it with niggling injuries, similar to Eto'o and Messi who haven't had a good run of games either.

Not that I think we could get him anyway but who are these better players out there who cost less that we could attract?

Shit for over a year? Last season was the best he's had in terms of goals in la liga, he wasn't as good as he was the year before but he was the best player on the planet at the time so you can't expect him to keep that form, very few players can keep up that sort of form.

As for this season he's missed a fair bit of it with niggling injuries, similar to Eto'o and Messi who haven't had a good run of games either.

Not that I think we could get him anyway but who are these better players out there who cost less that we could attract?

I actually don't think we could attract him, so it's a moot point. However, if we were talking comparable, then I'd rather try for Diego, or Van Der Vaart. Both could do a better job on the pitch for us IMO.

Guest float one in

How would signing Ronaldinho 'appease' the fans? I didn't realise they needed appeasing.

Our lowly current standing in world football (in terms of success, not finances) may well mean its a moot point, but fwiw if KK signed him it would be because he thinks Ronaldinho would improve the team. A fit and motivated Ronaldinho would improve the current first team spectacularly.

How would signing Ronaldinho 'appease' the fans? I didn't realise they needed appeasing.

Our lowly current standing in world football (in terms of success, not finances) may well mean its a moot point, but fwiw if KK signed him it would be because he thinks Ronaldinho would improve the team. A fit and motivated Ronaldinho would improve the current first team spectacularly.

The "appease the fans" quote comes from the other thread btw.

Guest float one in

Ok, but signing Ronaldinho this summer still wouldn't be appeasing the fans.

That's your opinion. I've stated mine.

Thanks.

Guest float one in

That's your opinion. I've stated mine.

Thanks.

Nee bother.

Guest SteveT

I live in Barcelona and have a bit of contact with the local press and people from the club.

It may seem mental, but I wouldn't want him.

He's out of love with football.  He's surrounded by a posse of vultures who have him endorsing things when he should be training and making him want to go out and party when he should be sleeping. They're his family though, so he's ALWAYS going to listen to them. And, since they all make their living off him, they will drain him dry with transfers and inappropriate short-term decisions for as long as possible. The only thing he enjoys now is going out dancing and shagging and while that's not exactly impossible to understand, it's no good if you want to be a premiership footballer.

Is he incredibly gifted and better on his day than anyone we've got (or even ever had)? Of course he is. But he'd be "injured", in the papers (they get away with MURDER here from the press WRT going out), moaning, throwing huffs, alienating his harder-working teammates and angling for a move by Xmas.

Guest float one in

I live in Barcelona and have a bit of contact with the local press and people from the club.

It's alright for some!

Guest SteveT

I'm just thankful for Easyjet so I can get home for some matches. All this CL semi finals, beaches, sunshine and señoritas stuff's alright but there's no Greggs and you end up pining for the sight of Nicky Butt gracefully toepoking a shot into the bleachers...

Guest float one in

I'm just thankful for Easyjet so I can get home for some matches. All this CL semi finals, beaches, sunshine and señoritas stuff's alright but there's no Greggs and you end up pining for the sight of Nicky Butt gracefully toepoking a shot into the bleachers...

:lol: Nice one mate.

That stuff about Ronaldinho is interesting - if that's the case then KK isn't going to touch him with a barge pole and that's that.

Guest GAMMELL

He's out of love with football.  He's surrounded by a posse of vultures who have him endorsing things when he should be training and making him want to go out and party when he should be sleeping. They're his family though, so he's ALWAYS going to listen to them. And, since they all make their living off him, they will drain him dry with transfers and inappropriate short-term decisions for as long as possible. The only thing he enjoys now is going out dancing and shagging and while that's not exactly impossible to understand, it's no good if you want to be a premiership footballer.

Is he incredibly gifted and better on his day than anyone we've got (or even ever had)? Of course he is. But he'd be "injured", in the papers (they get away with MURDER here from the press WRT going out), moaning, throwing huffs, alienating his harder-working teammates and angling for a move by Xmas.

Are you Graham Hunter ?

Good post.

I went to the Barcelona game against Villareal a couple of months ago.  Ronaldinho looked like he was trying hard, certainly that he hadn't lost any desire but he didn't play well.  It seems plausible that his poor performance (and poor form) was down to his lifestyle away from football and a lack of effort in training from what you're saying. 

BTW, best player on the night was Iniesta.  I hadn't watched them for a while and hadn't realised what a good player he's become.

Guest SteveT

BTW, best player on the night was Iniesta.  I hadn't watched them for a while and hadn't realised what a good player he's become.

Iniesta has come on leaps and bounds. There's still a question over where he plays best but he's fitting nicely into their midfield system now and engineers a lot of their attacking play. Xavi's still the most underrated player in the team, for me. He's SO important for them, just never, ever seems to waste a pass or lose possession.

Gammell, no I'm not Graham Hunter.