ITV 4- The Big Match Live revisited.

George Bailey

On ITV 4 now old footage from The Big Match Live.

1983, apparently were on today v Blackburn at home, won 3-2 :clap2:.

Nostalgia aahhhhh.................

:smitten:

Featured match is Luton v Villa....young Paul Walsh,Ricky Hill,Brian Moore, fences around grounds et all..

09.04.83      Blackburn              h              3-2      2-0          17,839            35    13    12    10    56    47        51                           

Carr; Anderson, Wharton; McCreery, Clarke, Carney; Keegan, McDonald, Varadi(Ferris), McDermott, Waddle

BR: Gennoe; Branagan, Rathbone, Randall, Mail, Fazackerley, Bell, Hamilton(Keeley), Lowey, Garner, Metcalfe

G:        Waddle, Varadi, Metcalfe og,  (Keeley 2)

I was at that game I think.

Is that the one wherte Varadi scored with that weird kind of flick/volley over the on rushing keeper at the leazes end and doesnt look that impressed that he has scored ?

I was at that game I think.

Is that the one wherte Varadi scored with that weird kind of flick/volley over the on rushing keeper at the leazes end and doesnt look that impressed that he has scored ?

Off on a tangent here, but didn't Imre Varadi once suffer a broken leg which could be heard snapping all around the ground? Or am i thinking of someone else?

I witnessed something like that happen myself once (Alex Cropley), so it isn't just folklore, these things do happen :(

Was on today 11am ish ITV 4.

Appears to be being repeated again Sunday same timeish. Also on next week, the  FA cup semi Sheff Wed v Brighton. plus Mackems v Norwich (I think).

Worth a look, to laugh at some of the hairstyles and tashes if nowt else! :lol:

Brian Moore..the legend.

Was on today 11am ish ITV 4.

Appears to be being repeated again Sunday same timeish. Also on next week, the  FA cup semi Sheff Wed v Brighton. plus Mackems v Norwich (I think).

Worth a look, to laugh at some of the hairstyles and tashes if nowt else! :lol:

Brian Moore..the legend.

Got to say I hated ITV's coverage and Brian Moore's commentary. Nothing beats Motty before he got a little senile.