Spurs mole?

TRon

Guest alex

all those players stolen from us and we still regularly beat them  :iamatwat:

I reckon winning the League Cup, being and Europe and finishing above us again will provide some consolation though.

We talk about transfers on here ---> Martin Jol reads our posts ---> He tells his sister in law who works at WHL ---> She tells Daniel Levy ---> They sign our targets.

nailed it in one  :pow:

I propose Martin Jol's access be restricted  O0

Wondered how long it would take before I got dragged into this! :lol:

So Mr. ITK whats the latest on Darren Bent's situation.

Is Newcastle really a possibility? We'll only have him for £6 million though ... maybe we'll throw in Steven Taylor as well if you ask nicely.

He won't be going anywhere for £6m!  As I've said before, Ramos likes his work ethic but his technical ability falls short.  Whether he stays or goes will depend on who else comes in.  4 more significant signings incoming and a larger number outgoing is what I've been told, but there are so many names being bandied about, you'd think were signing a dozen or more. 

BTW MJ, the talk that we are ready to compete with Sunderland for midfield maestro Jimmy Bullard is just wild rumour. Whatever you do don't tell your sister in law.

Guest The Libertine

all those players stolen from us and we still regularly beat them  :iamatwat:

I reckon winning the League Cup, being and Europe and finishing above us again will provide some consolation though.

missed my point i see.

Guest mobiius

Just seems strange that

a) Ashley's best mate is a Spurs fan

b) They keep beating us to the punch to our major target signings

c) Dennis Wise is ex-Spurs

d) Our scouts and coaching team all have ex-Spurs connections.

e) Spurs have suddenly become a more viable economic prospect than us for a player we wanted to sign.

I wonder if these are the questions Keegan wil ask of Ashley?

This is one of those i will give you 5 statements and guess which one is complete bollocks, well i will go for c please

Guest LucaAltieri

I must admit, if I was looking out for Spurs I'd probably buy/work for Newcastle as well. It makes perfect sense.

What happened to Spurs restrictive wage structure? Does one mediocre trophy make such a masive difference to these things?

Where are they finding the money where as we can't?

We can and we did .......for Modric offered a bigger fee to his club apparantly over two instalments rather than Spurs three installments also offered better wages chose Spurs for European competition and being based in London.

Woodgate more or less the same been done to death on numerous threads

We offered a larger basic fee, but the Spuds offered more overall when you include the fee and extra's.  We did offer a better salary package, no idea how much better though.

Guest Jimminy Cricket

Do people really think we are a more attractive package than Spuds though?

1)They have Euro football

2)They have won a cup

3) They have finished the past two seasons in 5th place and even with a blip this season they are still above us

4)London

5)Ramos is hugely rated on the continent, much higher than Keegan

Really dont see what we have to offer players ahead of them rather than wages and even at that I dont think we have much on them now.

Do people really think we are a more attractive package than Spuds though?

1)They have Euro football

2)They have won a cup

3) They have finished the past two seasons in 5th place and even with a blip this season they are still above us

4)London

5)Ramos is hugely rated on the continent, much higher than Keegan

Really dont see what we have to offer players ahead of them rather than wages and even at that I dont think we have much on them now.

Only 4 and 5 are big reasons really. No-one abroad will probably even be aware that they won the League Cup as it's fairly meaningless. Their 2 fifth place finishes are more like the blip than their current form given their overall performance since the Premiership began.

Guest Jimminy Cricket

Only 4 and 5 are big reasons really. No-one abroad will probably even be aware that they won the League Cup as it's fairly meaningless. Their 2 fifth place finishes are more like the blip than their current form given their overall performance since the Premiership began.

True, but I think when a player is deciding on a club they take many things into account and league position is definately one of them. Also if representatives are trying to sell a club to a potential target dont tell me beating Chelsea in the final of a cup wouldnt be somewhat impressive.

Bottom line they have finished above us for the past four seasons. I know what your saying about the two fifths being a blip but they clearly have a good team and dont belong in the bottom half of the table. We dont either truthfully but if I am really honest I think they are clearly the more likely to do something in the next few seasons.

Also when you hear some of the stuff KK comes out with in interviews it cant help either imo.

True, but I think when a player is deciding on a club they take many things into account and league position is definately one of them. Also if representatives are trying to sell a club to a potential target dont tell me beating Chelsea in the final of a cup wouldnt be somewhat impressive.

Bottom line they have finished above us for the past four seasons. I know what your saying about the two fifths being a blip but they clearly have a good team and dont belong in the bottom half of the table. We dont either truthfully but if I am really honest I think they are clearly the more likely to do something in the next few seasons.

Also when you hear some of the stuff KK comes out with in interviews it cant help either imo.

If you look at their squad they only have maybe 2 or 3 top quality players: Woodgate, King and Berbatov. The rest of their players are either good mid table players, young players or complete shit (Jenas, Kaboul etc.) I think one thing they've managed to do well is create this facade that they are a step above the other teams chasing 5th place when in reality as Everton and Villa have shown this season, Spurs aren't really that good. Anyone can beat Chelsea on their day...heck we've done it 4 out of the last 6 times at home and once in the FA Cup. I honestly don't think players will be impressed by a league cup win at all.