Olivier Bernard - the unfittest man in the world

Dave

I read an interview with him a few weeks ago which painted a fairly bleak picture. His hip is more or less f***ed. He can either have an operation which may sort it out but may also render him unable to walk or he can spend the rest of his life in constant pain.

I think I read the same article, it was posted on here somewhere and he had very few nice words to say for Souness and blames him for his departure from the club as he was just about to sign a new contract when Bobby was in charge.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's the same as his Xbox Live/PS3 tag ;)

Correct.  :thup: N'Zogbia is on his XBL friend list. Michael Chopra's gamertag might be on their too, not hard to spot really...

It's the same as his Xbox Live/PS3 tag ;)

Correct.  :thup: N'Zogbia is on his XBL friend list. Michael Chopra's gamertag might be on their too, not hard to spot really...

???

Neither stand out to me. Is insomnia one of the BlackMafia's? :lol:

• 6 months later...

http://bdaily.info/news/social-enterprise/14-10-2011/former-newcastle-player-shows-racism-the-red-card/

Former Newcastle United ace Olivier Bernard has renewed calls for regional businesses to support anti-racism charity, Show Racism The Red Card.

At this Sunday’s game against Tottenham Hotspur Olivier will be inducted into the charity’s Hall of Fame for his tireless efforts to stop racism in schools.

Newcastle favourites Les Ferdinand and John Beresford will be on hand to present the award in the centre circle, live on Sky TV.

Olivier said: “It is a great honour to be receiving this award as it such a great way of delivering a valuable message to young people.”

He was also keen to engage the business world, adding: “We would absolutely welcome business to become involved - whether this might be in helping to deliver a workshop or donating to the cause, there are a few ways that they could help.”

Olivier joins a host of other famous players in the Hall of Fame, including Rio Ferdinand and Gary Lineker.

Ged Grebby, Chief Executive of Show Racism the Red Card, said: “Olivier is receiving Show Racism the Red Card’s prestigious Hall of Fame award for his tireless work with the anti-racism campaign - he’s a great ambassador for the campaign.

“It’s fantastic that two other recipients of our Hall of Fame have agreed to present Olivier and I am sure both Les Ferdinand and John Beresford will get a warm reception from the crowd.

“This is a great opportunity for our exposure, as Sky TV will be broadcasting.”

Coutts bank have already shown their support after hosting the very first awards ceremony, and now Ged hopes to encourage more links with business.

The recent launch of “Business friends of Show Racism the Red Card” venture aims to attract support from the private sector.

http://bdaily.info/news/social-enterprise/14-10-2011/former-newcastle-player-shows-racism-the-red-card/