7 Substitutes

Beren

" Chelsea's seventh sub will be better than ours, but then again, Chelsea's fifth sub is already better than ours"

we only play them x2 a season so tbh i dont care if all 7 of their subs have worldcup winners medals.

As has been stated it allows all manager the ability to cover every position on the field.  I cant see any real arguement that this will disadvantage smaller clubs; the fact is smaller clubs have shitty starting 11 already compared to the `top` teams. 

is this rule just for prem league or for eng cups/championship too ?

I think its a good idea but would like to see a rule where 1 player has to be club trained. Whether that means a senior player who has worked his way throught the system or a young up and coming hopeful.

I know it won't make a big difference but that way we could see Zambrella on the bench a few times. Say we are winning comfortably with 20 minutes left it would be a good way of giving him big match experience without the massive pressure.

I think its a good idea but would like to see a rule where 1 player has to be club trained. Whether that means a senior player who has worked his way throught the system or a young up and coming hopeful.

I know it won't make a big difference but that way we could see Zambrella on the bench a few times. Say we are winning comfortably with 20 minutes left it would be a good way of giving him big match experience without the massive pressure.

a player should be selected regardless of whether club trained or not.

If he's good enough, he's in the squad

a player should be selected regardless of whether club trained or not.

If he's good enough, he's in the squad

Thats quite true but if you're attempting to bed through young talent, the afformentioned scenario is an ideal opportuntity to give youngsters a taste of the atmosphere etc.

I personally think you should be able to pick who you want on the bench and not have to pick based on rules such as the above, but it is a very good argument in its favour imo.

It's a s*** idea, designed to appease the big clubs meaning it'll punish the smaller clubs.

It's not to "appease the big clubs" at all. All it's doing is coming in line with what other leagues around Europe and the world have, as well as match the requirements for European competition.

It's a s*** idea, designed to appease the big clubs meaning it'll punish the smaller clubs.

It's not to "appease the big clubs" at all. All it's doing is coming in line with what other leagues around Europe and the world have, as well as match the requirements for European competition.

Just because other countries have done the same thing doesn't mean that's not the reason why.

Just because other countries have done the same thing doesn't mean that's not the reason why.

I cant imagine there is one defining reason as to why its been done tbf, and just because it may benefit bigger clubs more than smaller clubs doesnt mean it doesnt offer them advantages. Most clubs in the league are getting bigger and bigger squads these days so its a good way of keeping players happy if anything. It also offers the opportunity to cover every position on the field.