Show some pride in your club people

Guest Knightrider

Does anyone really think the UEFA Cup is that big a draw when signing players?

Since they've changed the format and butchered the competition, it really has become a bit pointless, surely?

Guest Knightrider

Since they've changed the format and butchered the competition, it really has become a bit pointless, surely?

Exactly, and I doubt finishing 5th is that different to finishing 10th in many players' eyes either. If it ain't the CL, 5th and 10th is all the same.

Exactly, and I doubt finishing 5th is that different to finishing 10th in many players' eyes either. If it ain't the CL, 5th and 10th is all the same.

If it's all about getting into the CL, a team finishing 5th for a few years will surely have more draw than someone finishing nowhere near, based on potential to qualify.

If it's all about getting into the CL, a team finishing 5th for a few years will surely have more draw than someone finishing nowhere near, based on potential to qualify.

What about having a big stadium?

Guest Knightrider

Then they'd be stupid, as everyone knows the top 4 is a closed shop.

/KK

;)

Eh? What now?

Eh? What now?

cant agree on that.

BUT

I think it is ridiculas how NINE PL teams can play in Europa. also think they should chance the European format. but that is another story.

saying we can't attract players is just giving the board an easy excuse to do less than they should. i think it's rubbish to say we can't go out and attract some good players for big fees. if you are prepared to spend you'll get players. man city finished 14th last season, sold two of their best players in Barton and Distin, yet still went out and bought Petrov, Elano, Bianchi, Corluka etc cos they were prepared to spend. Portsmouth are a small club with nothing going for them and who finished 9th last season, yet they still went out and bought a £10m target of Man Utd, Juve etc in Sulley Muntari, as well as Utaka, Nugent, Diop, Distin etc.

I'm sick and tired of reading comments how we aren't capable of competing for players, why this and that player won't sign for us or would rather move to another club, and so on and so on. It's doing my fucking head in as every player we seem to get linked with is either not good enough, too good for us, or will go somewhere else the moment some other club shows an interest. We are not Barcelona aye, but we are not fucking sunderland or some other shitty no mark, we are Newcastle United one of the richest clubs in Europe, with one of the biggest stadiums in the country, with a world wide appeal.

We are known throughout the world as a big English club. Players want to play for this club, some will walk here over broken glass, some will have to make a few decisions as to their choices, where as some we'll have to convince. We'll lose out on players too. We will sign top quality players though, we always have done and always will do because we are a big club, a rich club, an ambitious club going places.

The UEFA Cup is not that fucking special :lol: CL aye, but then that didn't stop Habib Beye from joining us, or Emre, Martins et al. We are not Liverpool or Man Utd agreed, but neither are fucking Spurs or Everton and if people seriously think we can't compete with them, I say bollocks to that. Again, the UEFA cup isn't that special. Indeed it's pretty insignificant in terms of trophies to many players, a step down or just another competition to the real biggy, the CL.

I guarantee the lure of the Premier League and money is far more appealing to today's footballers than the poxy UEFA Cup, a very poor competition in the main that isn't exactly pitting your wits against the cream of the crop. Fuck me Boro got to the Final under Steve McLaren, so did Walter Smith with his shitty no mark Rangers side who would struggle in the Premier League which is where it's really at and we my brethren are the 5th biggest club in that league, despite our poor finish and recent woes. Our resident Spurs, Toffee and Villa fan may disagree with that but sorry, I believe in my club and so should you  :thup:

absolutely

You on a wind up?