Please explain this to me.

Mike

I'm a relatively new fan of the club

How new?

Late 2005 was the first match I ever watched. Souness was the first manager I knew of.

You poor b******. :nope:

The definition of someone who isnt a glory supporter.

His best moment for us was that goal when we beat Feyenoord 2-3.

Mike, why not buy the season review DVD's from 2001 onwards? they are cheap as chips on amazon and such places and will get you up to speed on the happenings in the 4 years or so before you started following us.

Just a thought plus they are a good watch, particularly 2001/02 and 2002/03.

:thup:

Man, I don't think I should. You look at where the club was then, and where it's been since. You're asking me to experience all that for the first time over the course of a few days.

That thumbs up smiley should have a knife in it.

I think you should get them, also the Newcastle history dvd to see the TRUE glory days of NUFC........Ah the 1950's.........

I've only read Fifty Years of Hurt. It pretty much caught me up to speed with present day, but in my mind, there is this huge gap between Keegan's first stint as manager (I've seen highlights of a few matches on TV) and when I actually started supporting the team. I've never seen any of the Robson era, and nothing of the managers that followed him.

There's a few good videos on youtube, Robson era compilations (Tooj's in particular) but you've probably seen them anyway. The 4th and 3rd seasons were class.

You planning on attending a game next season?

It's going to be a big deal getting over there, I don't want to fly over and catch a Derby type of game. Season after next is my target.

It's going to be a big deal getting over there, I don't want to fly over and catch a Derby type of game. Season after next is my target.

Yeah, that's the danger. It's bad enough coming from Byker to watch some of it. Looking forward to seeing you in the Trent House.  O0

Yeah, that's the danger. It's bad enough coming from Byker to watch some of it. Looking forward to seeing you in the Trent House.  O0

If I were you I would try and make it over for the Sunderland at home game next season. As soon as the fixture lists come out next month, get on the net cause I am sure there will be cheap flights to be had.

I know it is not ideal as you live in the Chicago area IIRC, but a while back I noticed Zoom Airways offering flights from Toronto to Glasgow for about £250 or $500 return.  

Thats probably just about the best deal you would get I think.

Think I was at his first ever Newcastle game, a pre-season match away at Forest. Also I believe Bramble's first game for the club. Scored a decent left footed lob (Viana - not Bramble!  ;D) but even then you could clearly see he was totally one-footed and didn't like the physical stuff.

We also lost 3-1. Not a good day for the club tbh.  Was a big fan of Viana but I always seem to fall for our foreign imports who never quite cut it, Viana was in line after the joys of Maric and Andersson and a preview for Luque. Hope he manages to turn his career round.

Viana has to be the focus of the team's tactics in order to be really brilliant --- which was never possible when Shearer's in the team.

SBR tries to develop him as a squad player and he failed.

His best moment for us was that goal when we beat Feyenoord 2-3.

Mike, why not buy the season review DVD's from 2001 onwards? they are cheap as chips on amazon and such places and will get you up to speed on the happenings in the 4 years or so before you started following us.

Just a thought plus they are a good watch, particularly 2001/02 and 2002/03.

:thup:

Man, I don't think I should. You look at where the club was then, and where it's been since. You're asking me to experience all that for the first time over the course of a few days.

That thumbs up smiley should have a knife in it.

I think you should get them, also the Newcastle history dvd to see the TRUE glory days of NUFC........Ah the 1950's.........

I've only read Fifty Years of Hurt. It pretty much caught me up to speed with present day, but in my mind, there is this huge gap between Keegan's first stint as manager (I've seen highlights of a few matches on TV) and when I actually started supporting the team. I've never seen any of the Robson era, and nothing of the managers that followed him.

There's a few good videos on youtube, Robson era compilations (Tooj's in particular) but you've probably seen them anyway. The 4th and 3rd seasons were class.

You planning on attending a game next season?

I've flown over from Boston to Newcastle twice now, once for Man City 2006/2007 and once for Liverpool 2007/2008.  :doh:

Somehow I walked away without throwing myself off level 7 both times.