Enrique for Zigic?

Kaizero

I don't mind the link with Zigic, just because he was shite at Valencia doesn't mean he won't be good again. He's been compared to crouch who was pants at Villa but really good at Soton and Liverpool. However, I wouldn't want him in expense of Enrique. I thought the lad did really well during our good patch. Yes he's got a lot to learn but he is young and it was his 1st season in the league. V.Good prospect!!

Guest optimistic nit

No no, but to draw the conclusion that goals in the reserves equates to good strikers would be wrong. We've had too many false dawns like Walton and Chopra. Yes i'm sure some players who you could probably name me have done well at that level and gone on to great things, and I just don't see any thing that can push him up to that next level. He did poorly at Preston, and for as much hype as there is, I can't see him filling it. A big thing that stuck out for me was Chelsea, when he pulled it back, I dunno about you but i'd  have thought everyone of us here would have smashed that at Cech not pull it back, it's that killer instinct, a Shearer, a RVN, Henry , pulls the trigger imo, but I could be wrong.

fucks sake, the difference with walton and chops is that there were people who were saying they would be the next shearer, we were desperate for someone like that. Carroll comes with very little hype, but he's done well in the reserves and he should get his chance in the first time. no one thinks he will definately be the next big thing, but how can you make the progress from first team to reserves if you think that?

Guest Heneage

Aww to be fair i'd say Carrolls had some hype specially of late. I think it's cos he's local. I'd hope next season Keegan rotates bench spots with him Zamblera nad Baheng when hes back. That's the true test. I give Carroll every chance, but I can't see him being that great, probably drop a division or two.

Valencia are fooked money wise aren't they?

We could offer them a cash deal, and for a player that hasn't worked out i doubt the fee would be massive, we could get a good deal here.

As for Enrique, its been said, no fuking way should we sell him.

Guest Petay

Enrique has looked better in his first season in the Prem than Evra did in his and look how with a full pre-season he came on a scum United.  Our squad is paper thin and left back has been an issue for years KEEP ENRIQUE!

Why's that then? Nowt to do with him being a good signing last summer is it? :razz:

'credit where credit is due, but lets not wait till the last day of the window to bring in key players and get them settling in when the season is underway'

:razz:

Enrique has looked better in his first season in the Prem than Evra did in his and look how with a full pre-season he came on a scum United.  Our squad is paper thin and left back has been an issue for years KEEP ENRIQUE!

Key.

Fergie knows it, likes to get his players in before the window even opens.

But who the fook is Fergie, what does he know?  :razz:

Guest Heneage

We could offer them a cash deal, and for a player that hasn't worked out i doubt the fee would be massive, we could get a good deal here.

Erm they are hardly the Enron of La liga but they are listening to offers for big wage earners who i'd think Zigic would be as he had a few offers over Valencia.

Erm they are hardly the Enron of La liga but they are listening to offers for big wage earners who i'd think Zigic would be as he had a few offers over Valencia.

Last i heard they are facing bankruptcy and why they are open to offers of £16m+ for their best play Villa.

Key.

He's the manager of the biggest club in the world, with almost limitless funds and a succession of great players banging his door down to sign for them. Spot the difference. ;)

Key.

He's the manager of the biggest club in the world, with almost limitless funds and a succession of great players banging his door down to sign for them. Spot the difference. ;)

Of course all that helps, but it doesn't mean we can't do the same thing, have the same kind of policy.

We might do, we don't really know whats going on behind the scenes. I doubt they have thought "oh well Modric went to Spurs, lets leave it a few weeks then think of someone else to sign".

We might do, we don't really know whats going on behind the scenes. I doubt they have thought "oh well Modric went to Spurs, lets leave it a few weeks then think of someone else to sign".

Probably not, but i reckon a lot of 'this player is canny what about him?' replied with 'no, i want that one' is going on which is holding up any significant signings so far.

I mean who needs to get on the same page for a transfer to happen? Ashley, Keegan, Wise, Vertre, Lambis? All those opinions having to match, is that how it is? If so were fuked and this is where my fear stems from.

How many people are in the hierarchy at Spurs? Genuine question, seeing as some seem to want to follow their lead.

Irrelevant since they are signing players and are obviously in agreement or allowing their chosen transfer system to work.

If rumours are to be believed, our lot are not, could this be a genuine reason why things aren't going smoothly and swiftly? It makes sense.

They've signed two players, so all is dreamily harmonic there; we've not signed anyone, so everyone here disgarees with one other?

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but as I said earlier you're a tabloid journalist's dream reader. You're lapping up everything they say despite them being proved wrong on occasions too numerous to count.

It'll all come out in wash, don't worry about that. But there's no need to shit yourself just yet. Keegan's not even back from holiday. Martin O'Neill is doing telly work for the BBC, do you think the Villa fans are worrying like this? I dread to think what the reaction would be like if that was Keegan.

How many other teams have signed players? Spurs, Chelsea...... erm? Anyone else?

A lot of actual bids going in, confirmed by clubs rejected, whatever.

When was the last confirmed bid we put in?

How many other teams have signed players? Spurs, Chelsea...... erm? Anyone else?

And one of those Spurs signings we were well in for until the last minute, with a record-breaking bid. No idea why everyone seems to forget this.

They've signed two players, so all is dreamily harmonic there; we've not signed anyone, so everyone here disgarees with one other?

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but as I said earlier you're a tabloid journalist's dream reader. You're lapping up everything they say despite them being proved wrong on occasions too numerous to count.

It'll all come out in wash, don't worry about that. But there's no need to shit yourself just yet. Keegan's not even back from holiday. Martin O'Neill is doing telly work for the BBC, do you think the Villa fans are worrying like this? I dread to think what the reaction would be like if that was Keegan.

It only takes KK to disagree with the rest of them, which could quite be the case.

I won't take it the wrong way, but i don't take what they say as any concern, i build up my own opinions from various sources or gut feelings and that's what this is. Just happens a few stories tie in with how i think, not my fault and certainly not me buying into anything printed.

Also MON: Be patient Villa fans while i earn some dimes with the BBC, yeah, they'll get sick in the end, i remember our own Villa fan tearing his hair out as the transfer window grows.

When was the Enrique bid confirmed? We only found out about it because someone had been checking random foreign websites and all of a sudden he is a Newcastle player.

Just because every thing we do isn't leaked to the press it doesn't mean we aren't doing anything.

When was the Enrique bid confirmed? We only found out about it because someone had been checking random foreign websites and all of a sudden he is a Newcastle player.

Just because every thing we do isn't leaked to the press it doesn't mean we aren't doing anything.

One deal, a very rare moment at that. Hardly the yardstick is it?