Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright Philips ?

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am canny shocked at how close it is  bluebigeek.gif

I was exspecting Lennon to win by miles, at 25 SWP needs to move clubs if he wnats to reach his full potential, where as Lennon is going to make a big name for himself if he can keep getting games with Spurs, Jol is no fool though and he will know keeping Lennon will be tough so playing him will give him the best cance of keeping him.

Jose does not seem that botherd about keeping SWP though does he, even so though once it becomes clear that they will take offers on SWP I can see us being beatent o him by a more attractive club, like a one in the top half of the table.

SWP is worse than dyer. I think thats saying enough.

mental.gif

You mind telling me why he's been absolute rubbish for Chelsea then? That youtube stuff is useless btw.

Luque is big in youtube you know.

mental.gif

You mind telling me why he's been absolute rubbish for Chelsea then? That youtube stuff is useless btw.

Dyer's done nowt for us as well so what is your point?

didnt swp get released from forest when he was lennons current age?

says a lot.

swp seems to boot it and run after it. lennon has great technical skills. his dribbling skills and technique is fantastic to watch. he can run full pelt and keep the ball under perfect control.

though must be said swp has a hell of a boot on him when having a pop at goal.

lennon also only played 25 premiership games? sure his end product will come with age and games.

mental.gif

you've obviously never seen him play for city then..... i'll never forget the 4-3 match at st james park - he ran us ragged!

says a lot.

swp seems to boot it and run after it. lennon has great technical skills. his dribbling skills and technique is fantastic to watch. he can run full pelt and keep the ball under perfect control.

lennon also only played 25 premiership games? sure his end product will come with age and games.

Plenty of top players got release when they were younger so what's your point?

Guest Anders Rye

Seeing the rumors with Errikson and Beckham. Who would you prefer, Shaun Wright Phillips or David Beckham. I would prefer Wright Phillips because I like pacy wingers. I would rather prefer Beckham in center.

mental.gif

There is quite a difference between being rubbish for Chelsea and being worse than Dyer. And the YouTube stuff is pretty relevant considering its all from the Premiership - Altho I imagine most have seen enough with their own eyes to make their own judgements.

SWP was around 15 or 16 when he left Forest nono.gif

mental.gif

I've seen a bit more good things from Dyer over the years, although I have to say the race is a tight one.

mental.gif

I've seen a bit more good things from Dyer over the years, although I have to say the race is a tight one.

Have you because I certainly haven't.

says a lot.

my point is that swp wasnt good enough for forest when he was 19 (or playing regularly for city) yet lennon is actually a pretty ****ing good player in the premiership and for england at world cup at same age.

perhaps a comparison of them at a similar age might hold some relevance simpleton?

says a lot.

my point is that swp wasnt good enough for forest when he was 19 yet lennon is actually a pretty ****ing good player in the premiership and for england at world cup at same age.

perhaps a comparison of them at a similar age might hold some relevance simpleton?

You have to love the people who are challenged on any point and have to resort to name calling don't you?  :cool:

mental.gif

Both suffering from the same 'run till you crash into the first defender' syndrome, but yes, Dyer is less bad imo.

What about you? Would you have him ahead of Lennon? I'd be surprised if you were impressed with his performances for Chelsea.

mental.gif

Both suffering from the same 'run till you crash into the first defender' syndrome, but yes, Dyer is less bad imo.

What about you? Would you have him ahead of Lennon? I'd be surprised if you were impressed with his performances for Chelsea.

On his performances for Chelsea no of course not, but as he proved up here last season his Citeh days proved what a top class player he is in my eyes anyways.

says a lot.

my point is that swp wasnt good enough for forest when he was 19 (or playing regularly for city) yet lennon is actually a pretty ****ing good player in the premiership and for england at world cup at same age.

At the same age SWP was a forward who was in and out of a very, very poor City side (We were relegated under Royle). He was an occasional bright spark but it wasn't the time to blood a youngster. He didn't really came into his own until was about 21. Thinking back he always had something about him. Always had pace and bags of skill (Far more than he's getting credit for here) but he didn't always show it. I would say Lennon looks a better player now than SWP did then - but the circumstances are different. He was playing in a shite side, Lennon is in a good side and the confidence levels are something else. But not as simple as to say Lennon is better at 19 so he'll be better at 25 - SWP has proved it, Lennon has a long way to go.

mental.gif

On his performances for Chelsea no of course not, but as he proved up here last season his Citeh days proved what a top class player he is in my eyes anyways.

Fair enough. Disagreed then :winking:

says a lot.

At the same age SWP was a forward who was in and out of a very, very poor City side (We were relegated under Royle). He was an occasional bright spark but it wasn't the time to blood a youngster. He didn't really came into his own until was about 21. Thinking back he always had something about him. Always had pace and bags of skill (Far more than he's getting credit for here) but he didn't always show it. I would say Lennon looks a better player now than SWP did then - but the circumstances are different. He was playing in a shite side, Lennon is in a good side and the confidence levels are something else. But not as simple as to say Lennon is better at 19 so he'll be better at 25 - SWP has proved it, Lennon has a long way to go.

of course he might not be better in long run, but chances are he will.

one thing may set them apart is mentality. swp never really settled in england shirt for me. lennon fits straight in, at his debut he looked like hed been playing for years.

The SWP of City shits on Lennon as he currently is. Tremendous 15+ winger in the Premiership, capable of scoring goals from nothing, great shooting and dribbling, a one man army who performed against every level of opposition, from the top teams to the shiite ones, and a relatively creative team player to boot. Hes lost all of that though, disasterous move for his footballing development going to Chelsea.

Lennon right now is obviously more effective, though imo he hasnt reached anything like the level SWP did for City, certainly hasnt shown it in big games as of yet.

For us, I would go for SWP, mainly because hes a very worthwhile gamble who although might be the inferior player, is far more tailored to our needs. Right now, for our current team, we need goals from midfield. Wed be better off getting a winger who looks to score or get into different attacking positions (SWP) as well as being able to supply from the wing, rather than just one who's game revolves entirely around beating his man and putting lots of crosses into the box (Lennon).

says a lot.

one thing may set them apart is mentality. swp never really settled in england shirt for me. lennon fits straight in, at his debut he looked like hed been playing for years.

I disagree with you there! SWP scored from the Half-way line within 10 minutes of first pulling on the shirt! And he I think he has looked lively at other times as well - For example the last time England played good football for a whole game (Poland) he was in the team - did alright in the recent game against Macedonia too. Lennon has done OK too tho...I remember Crouch nodding one in not too long ago. Niether have really had a chance tho.

says a lot.

I disagree with you there! SWP scored from the Half-way line within 10 minutes of first pulling on the shirt! And he I think he has looked lively at other times as well - For example the last time England played good football for a whole game (Poland) he was in the team - did alright in the recent game against Macedonia too. Lennon has done OK too tho...I remember Crouch nodding one in not too long ago. Niether have really had a chance tho.

holland game sticks in my mind. he was the mutts for city at times, but england and chelsea seem a step too far. though you could prob argue he hasnt had full run at either, but if he had the inner belief maybe he would have taken his chance straight away and not given his managers an option to drop him?

was a nice goal v ukraine though!

lennon seems to have a confidence or even arrogance that arsenal and manu players have. will serve him well in the future. can see him at united in not too distant future.

says a lot.

holland game sticks in my mind. he was the mutts for city at times, but england and chelsea seem a step too far. though you could prob argue he hasnt had full run at either, but if he had the inner belief maybe he would have taken his chance straight away and not given his managers an option to drop him?

was a nice goal v ukraine though!

lennon seems to have a confidence or even arrogance that arsenal and manu players have. will serve him well in the future. can see him at united in not too distant future.

Ya he had a poor game that night - and has been underwhelming for Chelsea. Common factor?  4-3-3! Played for City in a 4-4-2 - Done alright for England in a 4-4-2. So obviously its everybodys fault but his when he doesn't have a good game bluebiggrin.gif