SKY Fixtures Released On Friday

Magpie

So what's the difference between 'going through pages and pages of nonsense to get to new information' and opening tabs and tabs of different threads to get to the same 'information'?

The massive threads are because they're generally full of shite. You're saying we should spread that shite around more? No thanks.

Personally I don't see the difference between clicking on a new thread and clicking on the 'new' icon or the last page of a long thread. Making a new thread for every single player we're linked to would be even more ridiculous.

if you dont read the thread for a couple of days, you have 10 pages to go back through, and thats if you can remember the last page you read

We've tried all that before, with different forums, hundreds of thousands of threads and whatnot. It just clutters things to fuck. The forum is fine how it is at the minute in that regard, in my opinion.

FWIW there would already be at least 25 threads, according to .com's rumour page, and I don't think that includes many foreign sources. That's in seven days.

We've signed nobody and sold nobody.

Personally I don't see the difference between clicking on a new thread and clicking on the 'new' icon or the last page of a long thread. Making a new thread for every single player we're linked to would be even more ridiculous.

if you dont read the thread for a couple of days, you have 10 pages to go back through, and thats if you can remember the last page you read

Tell me you know about this: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Themes/SlickPro_Graphite/images/english/new.gif

Theres 68 pages of transfer rumours. If im away for a day or two, unless I take about half an hour sifting through the last 10 or so pages I basically miss things. If there was a new thread for different players linked, then the rumours that are shite would quickly sink to the bottom of the forum and off the first page if nobody wanted to talk about them. With the main information in the thread title however they would still be easier to find for more casual users. The popular threads would still stay near the top.

This happens on nearly every other forum I visit. I agree what your saying benifits the people who sit on here all day and can just refresh every so often, but its a pain in the arse for others.

The point is there's nothing to miss! If something actually happens or the link is strong enough there WILL be a new thread about it (eg Barry Ferguson). Until then why create a new thread every time the Daily Star blatantly make something up to fill column inches? Massive overkill for stuff that generally isn't actually worth your time. The massive threads are that way so that the people who want to refresh the forum with rubbish all day can do so. If you want to stick to the important stuff just look for the separate threads. I don't really understand why you're so desperate to read the shite on one hand but don't want to read it on the other.

Jesus,  It's not difficult.  Just start at the end and read backwards until you see stuff you've read already.  If you're missing stuff, learn to read effectively and concentrate.  It's really not hard.