Pre-season: decimated and rendered almost completely useless by...

Dave

Modric granted (and has been done to death), but Arda and Gomis haven't gone anywhere have they? So how exactly have they failed?

Barring Modric, Jo, Keane and maybe Crouch, I can't think of many decently-sized deals that have gone through so far. Does that mean no more will happen? Does it 'eck.

The source was Coloccini's agent btw. We have supposedly been working on the fee for months. Knew there'd be something wrong with it like, now they're indecisive. :lol:

At the end of the day, you're just impatient for transfers. Simple as that.

Will you grant me Aimar as well?

Provide evidence that we were ever in for him and yes.

I wouldn't call Keegan's target for 5th (4th to 8th wasn't it?) "modest". As things stand I would say it's outrageously optimistic..

In the light of recent seasons performances, 5th could be seen as 'not a modest target'.  But, 5th will always be a modest target, a pathetically awfully modest target, when judged against what (in all my years of supporting this club) I have come to expect their objectives to be - whether they have met those objectives or not.

I know that these days it is fashionable ('cool' even) to talk about 'realism' and stuff like that, but accepting that 5th might be a realistic (even 'optimistic') target for us (after recent seasons)  -  it still remains, in the grand scheme of things, a VERY MODEST target (at best).

What have we become???  So quickly we have become (and it is being readily accepted by many) just one of the small-time clubs.  A club of no consequence.  We have dedicated supporters who will argue against that statement  -  but so have Southend and Wigan (as examples).  Are we closer to them now, than we are to teams above us?  YES - if you speak to the 'cool realists' amongst us.

My god - who finished 5th in 2002, 1991, 1987, 1958, 1944???

Who knows, and who cares! 

Guest neesy111

keegan say's everyone apart viduka (and i suspect shola) to be fit for the valencia and man utd games on .cock

also another 3 faces to come in hopefully by then, coloccini and 2 others?

keegan say's everyone apart viduka (and i suspect shola) to be fit for the valencia and man utd games on .cock

also another 3 faces to come in hopefully by then, coloccini and 2 others?

Where did Keegan say about 3 new players?

Cheers.

Perhaps I'm reading too much negativity into that article when I think it means we're not signing anyone else...

"I would still like to strengthen and I'm confident we'll bring in at least two, possibly three, more faces.

"And if those players are of the quality of the likes of Gutierrez and Guthrie then we'll take our chances.

"Add to that all the players we've got to come back then we've got a strong, quality squad with competition for places."

It seems clear that he's talking about Coloccini plus 1 or 2 others, 3 in total.  I'm starting to get a bit terrified that we're getting a centre-half, a backup left back and that's the lot. 

Of course, he could be meaning Bassong as well who hasn't officially signed has he?  So Coloccini & Bassong could be the "2 or 3" new faces.    :undecided: