Now Martins is injured

Skirge

^ thanks >_<

What've we got for alternatives? Taylor? If I was manager I'd be doing the exact same thing. Pat him on the back, send him out there, and pray that he doesn't **** up.

Why the eff not? Even Ramage has been a better LB (defensively) than Carr at RB.

Am I the only one who think the 10m spend on Martins is a waste of money?

As a long term prospect, Martins for 10 mil might prove to be a bargain... if only we had better coaches to develop our long term prospects.

Rossi any Luque upfront will be AMAZING..

Where do you come up with this shit?  Luque up front for Newcastle has been SHIT.  Rossi has been GOOD.  SHIT x GOOD =  AMAZING?

Have you played them together on FM07 or something?

On what basis do you give that SHIT answer to Luque being shit...If Luque was played as many times as the crap Ameobi has been played then I would agree but 10 minutes here and there every blue moon, not only Shevchenko but Drogba too would look shit...

Guest Invicta_Toon

Luque and Rossi up front ftw.

Sigh, I wish. Rossi's given Roeder the perfect excuse to leave Luque out of the squad for good, I suppose.

By being miles better than him?  Guess so eh...

The sad thing you don't know and nobody knows, not even Roeder...

Would be nice to see Luque and Rossi starting...

Where are Roeder does know what Luque does in training, the ability he shows and the effort he puts in.

You don't.

And if you read what I said again you will see that I wrote NO ONE (including me that is) knows not even Roeder...It has nothing to do with training..Luque did not become the international player he is just yesterday...He is an established player who played great football for years and years before coming to Newcastle...Only idiots still need to base their decision on whether to play this player or not on 100% training effort without looking at his history as a footballer...

But that is not something unexpected from Roeder, at the end of the day he was the one who still wanted to watch Kuyt in a friendly action for the millionth time one day before the closing of the transfere market...Problem with Roeder he doesn't have faith in players and doesn't use history of the player as a way of judging players abilities...

The only reason Rossi was played because we didn't have any other option upfront...Shola is injured (thank god), Sebi is injured, Martins is struggling so obviously Rossi had to start..And you know what he did well and if it wasn't for injures the IDIOT ROEDER wouldn't have put him on from the start...Luque just need to have a number of games under his belt one after another and he will deliver the goods...If only he is given that number of games to prove his worth like Shola and Martins are given...

Rossi any Luque upfront will be AMAZING..

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Albert Luque: 16 caps 3 goals

Alain Boumsong: 19 caps 1 goal

Luque, on the other hand, has shown f**k all to suggest he deserves to play.

Have you watched Luque live in all of the games he has played? From what I've read on the forum, half of the anti-Luque faction jumped on the bandwagon after Ventspills and Aston Villa, ignoring the fact that he has produced some sort of end product in every other game he played under Roeder.

Luque has no future at Newcastle. I wish people would just face facts and realise that he doesnt want to be here and that the management want him here even less.

Get over it!

Guest Gemmill

What the fuck is up with these RETARDS that constantly defend Luque?  He's FUCKING CRAP.  OK?  Go to a game and watch him.  He is SHIT. 

Guest Gemmill

What the **** is up with these RETARDS that constantly defend Luque?  He's ****ING CRAP.  OK?  Go to a game and watch him.  He is SHIT. 

:roll:

:lol:  Insta-bite from a non-attender.  Cool.  :cool:

The defence of Luque comes from his performances at Deportivo and on Champ Manager.

For the lads own career, he needs to get back to Espana sharpish

What the **** is up with these RETARDS that constantly defend Luque?  He's ****ING CRAP.  OK?  Go to a game and watch him.  He is SHIT. 

:lol:  Insta-bite from a non-attender.  Cool.  :cool:

Hey, I've attended all of the toon games I can =P (that EPL promo thing in Malaysia a couple years back) Not saying he'll be an instant hit, but any team worth their salt should not give up on players after 7 (maybe 10 including the Souey regime?) appearences -_-

Luque is abymsal upfront.

He needs to be tried out on the left wing! The Carling Cup game was ideal for that and i was really disappointed not to see him make an appearance.

Do you honestly think he deserves to be even tried on the left wing ahead of zog and duff?

I don't think there would have been any harm in it in the Carling Cup game. Duff was rested and N'Zogbia was in the middle...

Guest Gemmill

What the **** is up with these RETARDS that constantly defend Luque? He's ****ING CRAP. OK? Go to a game and watch him. He is SHIT.

:lol: Insta-bite from a non-attender. Cool. :cool:

Hey, I've attended all of the toon games I can =P (that EPL promo thing in Malaysia a couple years back) Not saying he'll be an instant hit, but any team worth their salt should not give up on players after 7 (maybe 10 including the Souey regime?) appearences -_-

I think you're missing the point. It's not that we're sure he's shit... it's just that everytime he plays he puts no effort in. How can you keep giving chances to people who put no effort it!!!

With Martins, although he hasn't set the world alight yet, he's at least been trying and he keeps showing that he's willing.

Exactly.  The message it sends to the rest of the squad when you give a non-trier a game ahead of someone else is not something we can afford.  He had his chance as far as I'm concerned and he blew it.

I think you're missing the point. It's not that we're sure he's shit... it's just that everytime he plays he puts no effort in. How can you keep giving chances to people who put no effort it!!!

With Martins, although he hasn't set the world alight yet, he's at least been trying and he keeps showing that he's willing.

I'm sure gemmil has something to say about both points =P

edit: ah, guess not

Luque didn't look as lazy as I expected, that is after reading all that has been said about his workrate. Martins on the other hand doesn't look like he's running enough for a player who supposedly relies on his pace, but I'm sure thats just something of a side-effect from playing in Italy.

Guest Gemmill

I'm sure gemmil has something to say about both points =P

I'm not particularly bowled over by Martins, but I've seen 10 times more from him than I ever have from Luque.  It just amazes me that some people think that a player who's put in the sort of shifts Luque has from the bench should somehow be rewarded with a place in the starting line-up.  When to me it's demonstrated that he should be used as a last resort ONLY.

Guest optimistic nit

i've seen quite a few games with martins in and he's always looked quite lively. which is fucking spectacular, considering he's playing for the toon