One thing to look forward to

rocksammy

That said, he shouldn't be given a new contract.

depends on how many games he plays this season to be honest. and how many goals he scrores.

Regardless of how good he is, we can't have a player who only plays roughly half the games every season be a major part of our payroll.

Additionally, he'll be 34 in 2009, making him even slower and less fit than he already is. (I realize that movement isn't a big part of his game, but still.) Probably be more prone to niggly injuries too.

Unless he scores 30 goals this season, no to a new contract.

err, so what if he bagged 15-20??

its impossible to say at this minute wether he should o shouldnt be given a new contract. It will hav to be decided after 20 games or so.

He won't PLAY 20 games, so this may be difficult.

I wasn't serious when I said 30 goals, it's not like that'll happen anyway. Just saying that it would take a minor miracle to convince me that he should be resigned

That said, he shouldn't be given a new contract.

depends on how many games he plays this season to be honest. and how many goals he scrores.

Regardless of how good he is, we can't have a player who only plays roughly half the games every season be a major part of our payroll.

Additionally, he'll be 34 in 2009, making him even slower and less fit than he already is. (I realize that movement isn't a big part of his game, but still.) Probably be more prone to niggly injuries too.

Unless he scores 30 goals this season, no to a new contract.

err, so what if he bagged 15-20??

its impossible to say at this minute wether he should o shouldnt be given a new contract. It will hav to be decided after 20 games or so.

He won't PLAY 20 games, so this may be difficult.

I wasn't serious when I said 30 goals, it's not like that'll happen anyway. Just saying that it would take a minor miracle to convince me that he should be resigned

played 26 last season, looks fitter this pre-season. why wont he play 20?