Henrik Larsson?

Captain Underpants

Fantastic player in his prime! He could still do a job as a back up striker coming on for the last 20 minutes.

Exactly. Alas this was a number of years ago.

Pah a number of years ago, he came on in the Champions League final and changed the game.

That was 27 months ago, which is a very long time in terms of an aging striker.

Is this the Swedish football league that is on a par with La Liga or the Premier League? I'm sure Larsson would still score a few for a Championship team.

Is this the Swedish football league that is on a par with La Liga or the Premier League? I'm sure Larsson would still score a few for a Championship team.

:nope:

Still a good player. But for me, too old.

Surely that would make him a better option than Shola then as he couldn't in a promotion winning side....

The same Swedish league that is about on par with the SPL where he bagged hundreds of goals before making it in LA Liga and the Premier League.

Like I said, this is quite some years ago and I'm sure you're aware that a footballer's ability decreases with age. Just because he scored a hatful at Celtic when he was younger doesn't automatically mean he's just as capable now. He hardly set the league on fire at Man Utd (one goal). This statistic, however, makes him better than Alan Smith.

Surely that would make him a better option than Shola then as he couldn't in a promotion winning side....

I can't argue with this. A dead horse would provide better striking ability.

Guest Brewcastle

Henke was a fantastic player. I don't want him to be in Toon while destroying his own reputation....

Get in somebody for the future. Getting in oldies in desperation is a Championship- and div. 1 -thing  :coolsmiley: