Henrik Larsson?

Captain Underpants

I think he could, ive been following from years and he runs more than any other swedish national team player except Elmander. Hes a great worker and would get goals in the different cups and would defenitely be an asset as hes 10 times better then Smith and Ameobi. Hes also rarely injured and therefore i would take him.

factually 10 times better? or opinion

Lets get sheringham and sutton whilst we are at it. might aswell give milner his raise than spunk 6 months worth of wages on larsson.

ive heard we are making a late bid to snatch Andy Cole too.

"Wyn & Pop"  (seen in a chip shop in Byker)

You had to be there . . .

He was very good against France last week and scored one hell of a nice goal. It was a friendly btw...Very intelligent player who's still fit and in good shape. Not that i would try to get him if i was the manager, But if we did sign him it would be a good signing for the short term, but i hope we look for the longterm option instead..

WoW he's turning 37 next month, wouldn't mind him though. When playing at Barcelona the  medical staff said that they'd never seen a man as fit for his age. So he probably still has a lot to offer.

Should go for a younger player. Preferably one who's played in the premiership and would be happy playing in the North. Maybe even someone who's already played with one of our other strikers so has an understanding and can fit straight in.

I'm only dreaming finding anyone with those requirements though.

Should go for a younger player. Preferably one who's played in the premiership and would be happy playing in the North. Maybe even someone who's already played with one of our other strikers so has an understanding and can fit straight in.

Chopra?

:D

Chopra?

:D

Nah, too inexperienced. We should be going for top players who have played for their country, yet are available on a free.

Guest Heneage

Ignore what happened a year ago, look at this summer, he was too slow for the Euros which by nlarge were alot slower than the Premier League.

Ignore what happened a year ago, look at this summer, he was too slow for the Euros which by nlarge were alot slower than the Premier League.

Yeah, and i suppose that a Euros where the whole swedish team didn't produce and played long balls was his speeds fault to. In life you don't have to be the fastest aslong as you're an intelligent player and can run right and play. I mean for christ sakes Alan smith probably runs more in the 10 minutes on field for us than any of our player he still manages to be crap and dont score sh*t*.

Someone said long term option, i agree, but remember in the long term it could be 3-4 years we got players like Zamblera and Andy Carrol. We do have Viduka, Martins and Owen right now too, what we need though is a plyer who we can rely on to score goals and create goals due to intelligence on the pitch.

I don't think he will come but i can promise i wouldn't cry, hes a true professional and is always commited to due his best, just last week he scored against France and played well through out.

Anyways it's just my opinion and everyone has their.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

It would go against everything we are supposed to looking for in a signing, so if we are; Panic Mode has started.

:thup:

I tend to disagree with that a touch. Surely a 1 year loan deal for Larsson and waiting to get the ight man in 6/12 months time is better business and football sense than spunking 10 mill on another unscouted Luque.

Helsingborgs have reacted swiftly to calm their fans' fears that Henrik Larsson will be sold before the deadline to raise funds.

The Sweden legend hinted he could be sacrificed before the start of next week, instantly sparking speculation that he could emerge as a target for British clubs, including former side Celtic.

However, spokesperson Sten-Inge Fredin insists the veteran attacker will stay put.

"He means so much for the club and for the supporters," Fredin told TT.

"His contract is until 10 January and we let his agent know a couple of days ago that we are not thinking of selling him.

"Our hope is that Larsson will continue at Helsingborg even next year.

"But right now, I don't think even he knows what will happen and so we must be calm and talk about the situation."

It would go against everything we are supposed to looking for in a signing, so if we are; Panic Mode has started.

I tend to disagree with that a touch. Surely a 1 year loan deal for Larsson and waiting to get the ight man in 6/12 months time is better business and football sense than spunking 10 mill on another unscouted Luque.

If that's the plan I think I'd rather just let Ameobi see out his contract.

Agreed, but I can think of much worse panic signings.. Have a soft spot for him as he is a Feyenoord legend and I've met him around where I live a few times when he was here. Such a shame he didn't move to one of the big leagues when he was in his prime. Anyway, heart says yes, but head says no. Head wins in the end, I think..