Sometimes the negativity of our fans is beyond me

Coxaux

Agree with the opening post. The first team has improved ten-fold.

Required in May: Improve centre-back. Check.

Required in May: Improve centre-midfield. Check.

Required in May: Improve wing options. Check.

Required in May: Improve striking options. Check.

Required in May: Improve academy personnel. Check.

Required in May: Get cover for full-back... failed.

I'm beginning to wonder what the expectations of some of the fans really were; as other people have said - we were in no position to compete for the really top calss European players, yet we've still found some of the less well-known ones and done well with it.

Wise, etc, need commending. We've brought in class players without having to spend anything. I've always thought that if Ashley wants to consolidate funds in his first year or so, then that's fine with me, so long as it is not detrimental to the team. So what's he done... he's consolidated the finances, kept us on the straight and narrow, kept us in business, and we've improved the team significantly too!

We've failed by not bringing a wing-back in, that's it really. What's to say the Milner money didn't go towards Xisco anyhow?

WE've hardly imporoved the midfield. We've lost Faye as a viable DM and brought in Guthrie in place of Emre. Whilst the latter counts as being better in terms of on the pitch time, the end product he is capable of is unproven. Emre chipped in with a couple of goals and assists in his time here. This doesn't warrant improving the midfield for me until the season's over and we can see what Guthrie's done in comparison.

As far as i'm concerned the CM is weaker as we have to play butt in DM. Keeping Faye would have made us much stronger.

Wing personnel has improved, wing options has not! We've let a 1 first team winger out, and 1 reserve winger (Troisi). We've brought in 1 winger. That's 2 options out, 1 option in. But granted that option is better than what we had previously.

The thread-maker seems obsessed in arguing that us "doomongers" desire mega bucks trophy-wow signings. It's Bollo**s!!

I made a list of non-trophy players who i'd have been perfectly happy with that's gone to other clubs for not great amounts of money that would have made this window a success. Even some players who haven't moved but would be cheap. I'll reproduce it here for your benefit, but needless to say some excuse will be given that'll mean it was impossible for us to get these lads in, as we've done so poorly in the last couple of years (though 2 argentinian internationals decided to come)

Sidwell,

Shorey,

Malbranque,

Seb Larsson (still in championship)

Giles Barnes (another pacy wing option for RM instead of Geremi)

Carlos Cuellar (quality and relatively cheap)

Wright-Phillips

Kompany

It remains to be seen whether these reports (now carried on the BBC website) that Keegan's had an angry meeting with Ashley and possibly resigning are true. However, if there is some substance  to them, it shows Keegan's got the same impression of this window as the "doomongers" do. Interesting times ahead...

Seriously some of our fans need to have a word with themselves. Now I'm not going to say this was an amazing or even great, but this was a good solid progressive transfer period.

In recent years what have Newcastle United achieved? Nothing. So why were so many of you expecting some of Europe's better players to be queuing up to join the club? Get a grip for fucks sake, we've been far too mediocre for too long now to be attracting those players, we need to claw are way into the top and half and even Europe before the bigger players in this game start to look at us a prospect again.

With this in mind we've still managed to sign classy center half in Coloccini, an exciting winger in Jonas, an attacking midfielder in Gonzales and some very exiting prospects in Bassong, Guthrie and Xisco. We've also got rid of a lot of dead wood in Carr, Ramage and Rozehnal to go along Emre who seemingly never played. I don't care what how anyone puts it but £12 million for James Milner is just too good to turn dow, especially when you consider we have more than adequate cover at the club in Geremi and Jonas.

To me that is a very progressive transfer period where we've actually converted the squad into one capable of breaking into the top half of the table.

Some people have been blind sighted by the likes of Robinho to Manchester City, but at the end of the day we can't compete so it's irrelevant. It's about time our fans lowered their expectation, we were never going to get that big name you all so desperately pined for, but we did get is some very exciting players who have the potential to get better and better.

Now stop crying, accept this window for what it was and lets get behind the team for the rest of the season.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It's a nice try mate but there are too many doom mongers on here who refuse to remove their hollywood-signing tinted spectacles. Unless a player has a £10+ price tag they're just not worth bothering with according to half the dickheads on here.

I echo your sentiments. I think the players we've brought in are excellent and i'm excited to see how the two new additions work out. I'm also pretty confident that Jonas will make a bigger impact this season than Robinho but that will no doubt fall on deaf ears.

You can have no way of knowing that any of the players we have brought in are 'excellent'  -  no way of knowing at all.

Give me your opinion on them in a years or so's time, and I will tell you mine then too.

No doubt your opinion of them will go something like "They've done well but i'd have preferred fat Mike to splash £200m of his massive fortune on some big name players".

Admittedly i haven't seen them play an entire season but what i have seen is 3 foreign players (2 of them current internationals for one of the world's best international teams) adapt to a new league in a new country very quickly, and put in excellent performances against the reigning european champions. Guthrie perhaps doesn't look excellent yet but he's certainly improved our CM area.

I understand that positivity has no place on this forum but I make no apologies for my optimism.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

Don't give up your day job mate!

So you are impressed with the signings we've brought in, you do agree that the squad is stronger than it was last season and you are impressed with the new recruitment team's ability to sign quality players without spending ridiculous ums of money?

I am amazed people post threads like this, how can you stay that we are to negative???

Lets look at the facts:

Keegan has blantantly been lied to about transfers and is nothing more than a puppet with no say over who comes and goes - fact

Has he resigned over this? Not sure yet but being widely reported

Ashley promised shareholders a WOW signing and nothing has materialised

Ashley tried to sell Barton last night which wuld have left us with Butt and Guthrie as the only 2 central mids

Ashley has spent nothing on transfers, he has recouped more than he has outlayed

Ashley has constantly lied to the fans

Now if Keegan does resign who are we going to get to replace him, Dennis Wise???

The future is looking very bleak indeed :(

Seriously some of our fans need to have a word with themselves. Now I'm not going to say this was an amazing or even great, but this was a good solid progressive transfer period

Easy pleased, or just plain stupid ?

That said, I'm happy enough with the two lads - but a question - if we were horrendously short of players with added injury problems (and Viduka) then sell one first teamer, then buy TWO.....doesn't take a genius (or it shouldn't) to come to the conclusion of making the bad situation no better, comprende ?

Lastly - how dare the fans of a team with one of the top 4 attendances expect quality signings ?

Talk about talking ourselves down !

I am amazed people post threads like this, how can you stay that we are to negative???

Lets look at the facts:

Keegan has blantantly been lied to about transfers and is nothing more than a puppet with no say over who comes and goes - fact

Has he resigned over this? Not sure yet but being widely reported

Ashley promised shareholders a WOW signing and nothing has materialised

Ashley tried to sell Barton last night which wuld have left us with Butt and Guthrie as the only 2 central mids

Ashley has spent nothing on transfers, he has recouped more than he has outlayed

Ashley has constantly lied to the fans

Now if Keegan does resign who are we going to get to replace him, Dennis Wise???

The future is looking very bleak indeed :(

:idiot2:

I was led to believe you were going to be listing some facts in that post.

Ah fuck it I've given my two pennies worth. Some of you will never be happy, it bloody well pains me to be part of this damn right embarrassing fan base at times.

Try talking to an Everton and Arsenal fan then come back and tell me this was a poor transfer window, fucking cretins.

Ah fuck it I've given my two pennies worth. Some of you will never be happy, it bloody well pains me to be part of this damn right embarrassing fan base at times.

Try talking to an Everton and Arsenal fan then come back and tell me this was a poor transfer window, fucking cretins.

I with you :thup:

Guest cfhpantera27

This

Re: Warren baraton centre patin. Squad looks much stronger. - I was just  saying this to someone at work. We have signed 6 players and al of them are better than what has left. Gonzales is absolute class and people will be wanting to permanantly sign him next summer.  The golakeeper pairing is the best in the league. We now have cover all the way across defence. The midfiled is strong with Barton, Guthrie, Butt, Geremi and Nzog all can play across the middle, Out wide we have Gutairezz, Nzog duff and Gonzales and upfront when fit there is not many clubs with a stronger front line 4 quality players. i know there is still deadwood such as smith and Shola but we have a strong 18 Players now who can lead us in the right direction. In January if we are in a position to challenge for europe we will spend.

How may forwards are available at the minute?  Cover accross the whole back four - does that includee fullbacks?  Haway man optimism is fine but reality has to bite at some point and I'm in now way a doom monger.  I travel the whole country going to every game believing we'll get a result but this squad isn't very strong in all honesty

Bassong and Nzog at lb, Geremi coloccini and Taylor at RB. Our current striker situation is bad due to injuries. So we go and buy a 20m striker, what happens when every1 is fit again. Its ok going and splashing the cash but remember we can onl;y have 11 players on the pitch at any 1 time. My opinion is if Smith, Shola and duff were all fit they would have gone yesterday and would have allowed us to buy. I am optimistic as I have seen how we have started and the players look an improvemtn on what we have last season. There is no one more than me yesterday hoping that it was us buying 30m player but reality is that its not the right time

Bassong is a centre half who hasn't played in the premier league yet, N'Zogbia isn't a left back.  Taylor and Collocini cover for right back they're the first choice centre halves.  Why would you move Collocini from his best postion which is also the most important one.  Forwards due to injuries yes but Viduka is always injured and has been since the end of last season, Owen is often injured which leaves Martins.  Smith and Shola aren't could enough so hopefully Xisco can do a job but it still leaves doubts no?

I'm not saying we should've spent huge on a big name just to get on SSN etc but they've been saying since last seaqson we needed aleft back and they haven't bought one.

Like I said originally I'll still be going to every game with positive thoughts but this squad isn't a top 10 squad in my view, we may have a top 10 team if everyone stays fit but we've got 2 hopes of that and the 2nd one's Bob

Ah well, if you can't beat em join em:

We're doomed, doomed i tell you!!

Jonas - shite!

Collicini - shite!

Guthrie - shite!

Bassong shite!

Xisco - shite!

Nacho - shite!

Bring back Milner, he's world class.

Get your wallet out Ashley you fat boozing cunt, and stop gambling all our money away.

We're going down.

:-[

I can't understand the people crying we didn't spend the 'Milner' money. That had nothing to do with the transfer fund we had, we've got money just not the targets to spend it on who'll improve the club.

Let's go out and spend £12m on Ben Thatcher, and another £15m on Lee Cattermole - that'll make things better yeah?  :rant:

Just support your club which IS moving in the right direction.

Seriously some of our fans need to have a word with themselves. Now I'm not going to say this was an amazing or even great, but this was a good solid progressive transfer period.

In recent years what have Newcastle United achieved? Nothing. So why were so many of you expecting some of Europe's better players to be queuing up to join the club? Get a grip for fucks sake, we've been far too mediocre for too long now to be attracting those players, we need to claw are way into the top and half and even Europe before the bigger players in this game start to look at us a prospect again.

With this in mind we've still managed to sign classy center half in Coloccini, an exciting winger in Jonas, an attacking midfielder in Gonzales and some very exiting prospects in Bassong, Guthrie and Xisco. We've also got rid of a lot of dead wood in Carr, Ramage and Rozehnal to go along Emre who seemingly never played. I don't care what how anyone puts it but £12 million for James Milner is just too good to turn dow, especially when you consider we have more than adequate cover at the club in Geremi and Jonas.

To me that is a very progressive transfer period where we've actually converted the squad into one capable of breaking into the top half of the table.

Some people have been blind sighted by the likes of Robinho to Manchester City, but at the end of the day we can't compete so it's irrelevant. It's about time our fans lowered their expectation, we were never going to get that big name you all so desperately pined for, but we did get is some very exciting players who have the potential to get better and better.

Now stop crying, accept this window for what it was and lets get behind the team for the rest of the season.

It's a nice try mate but there are too many doom mongers on here who refuse to remove their hollywood-signing tinted spectacles. Unless a player has a £10+ price tag they're just not worth bothering with according to half the dickheads on here.

I echo your sentiments. I think the players we've brought in are excellent and i'm excited to see how the two new additions work out. I'm also pretty confident that Jonas will make a bigger impact this season than Robinho but that will no doubt fall on deaf ears.

You can have no way of knowing that any of the players we have brought in are 'excellent'  -  no way of knowing at all.

Give me your opinion on them in a years or so's time, and I will tell you mine then too.

No doubt your opinion of them will go something like "They've done well but i'd have preferred fat Mike to splash £200m of his massive fortune on some big name players".

Admittedly i haven't seen them play an entire season but what i have seen is 3 foreign players (2 of them current internationals for one of the world's best international teams) adapt to a new league in a new country very quickly, and put in excellent performances against the reigning european champions. Guthrie perhaps doesn't look excellent yet but he's certainly improved our CM area.

I understand that positivity has no place on this forum but I make no apologies for my optimism.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

So you are impressed with the signings we've brought in, you do agree that the squad is stronger than it was last season and you are impressed with the new recruitment team's ability to sign quality players without spending ridiculous ums of money?

How do you know we have signed ANY quality players?

I remember a scout saw me twice and said about me "he's some quality isn't he?"

I wasn't!!

I was listening to the Breakfast show on Talksport this morning and Alan Brazil was listing clubs that he felt hadnt done so great in the window... West Ham, Everton,in particular.

Not once were we mentioned as having had a poor window and being one of the clubs that were going to be under pressure. I interpret that as that from the outside, everyone must have seen us sign the players we have and thought that was OK and appear to have signed some excelltn players (Colo, Jonas)

The paranoia seems to be very much in-house and we seem to stressing ourselves out over nothing.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

I wasn't!!

Look pal if they're good enough to play for Argentina, Uruguay, Spain U21, England U21 and France U21 it's a pretty good indication of their quality. 

Guest Wally_McFool

We have bought some decent players (so it seems) but the issue is who exactly signed them. If they were not Keegans players that were brought in , why did Ashley appoint him as manager.

It does seem to me the Keegan has been regularly undermined by Ashley and his mates in recent months so I am not suprised at the negativity by some fans about the way the club is being run and I will not be suprised if Kev has walked out again.

Something at the club isn't right and its no good pretending that it is.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

I wasn't!!

Look pal if they're good enough to play for Argentina, Uruguay, Spain U21, England U21 and France U21 it's a pretty good indication of their quality. 

OK, so they'll be great in the English Premier League (and all winter).  Thats ok then.

Guest Heneage

I didn't want a wow signing.

I didn't want Robinho

I didn't want Over-priced megastars to pedal shirts.

I wanted them to make promises to get 3 or 4 of quality and hold said promise, that which they have not done.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

I wasn't!!

OK, so they'll be great in the English Premier League (and all winter).  Thats ok then.

Your posts have been questioning the quality of the players we've brought in, not their ability to adapt the British climate and style of football.

Change the fucking record you miserable tool!!!!

Guest Brazilianbob

Re: Warren baraton centre patin. Squad looks much stronger. - I was just  saying this to someone at work. We have signed 6 players and al of them are better than what has left. Gonzales is absolute class and people will be wanting to permanantly sign him next summer.  The golakeeper pairing is the best in the league. We now have cover all the way across defence. The midfiled is strong with Barton, Guthrie, Butt, Geremi and Nzog all can play across the middle, Out wide we have Gutairezz, Nzog duff and Gonzales and upfront when fit there is not many clubs with a stronger front line 4 quality players. i know there is still deadwood such as smith and Shola but we have a strong 18 Players now who can lead us in the right direction. In January if we are in a position to challenge for europe we will spend.

Sighs!  It's all very well saying we will spend if we are in with a realistic chance of a european place, but you can only spend if someone is prepared to sell.  If you try to buy from a team struggling at the bottom they won't sell in case the loss of a star player sends them down, and teams just below the top 6 wont sell in case they lose out on a european place.  Players with the top four wont come because they may miss out on a trophy/medal, so tell me again how and when we are going to buy the players we may need to maintain a challenge for europe.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

I wasn't!!

Your posts have been questioning the quality of the players we've brought in, not their ability to adapt the British climate and style of football.

Change the f***ing record you miserable tool!!!!

Thank you for the pleasant language.

I think you will find that Kevin Keegan thinks the same as I do.

A few days ago I tried to get the message across on here that there was something DEEPLY wrong at our club - there was something hugely wrong with Ashley, there was something (I used the word) "smelly" at our club.

You will  be noticing soon that I was right.

That may make YOU happy, but it does not make me happy to see all this rubbish happening at our club.

Your vitriolic words do not help.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

I wasn't!!

A few days ago I tried to get the message across on here that there was something DEEPLY wrong at our club - there was something hugely wrong with Ashley, there was something (I used the word) "smelly" at our club.

That may make YOU happy, but it does not make me happy to see all this rubbish happening at our club.

Look, you were making a point about the quality of the players brought in. I countered that point with my views on the same subject. You then starting on about something completely different - the ability of our new players to adapt to the Premiership. Now you're talking about something entirely different again.

I fully agree that there seems to be something wrong with the new player recruitment structure we have in place and the fact that Keegan seems to be being undermined by the board. However this is completely off the subject of your original argument.

Despite all of the underlying problems at the club i still think the players that have brought in are very good. We could have done with one or two more but i'm glad we didn't just splash the cash for the sake of it.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

I wasn't!!

Look, you were making a point about the quality of the players brought in. I countered that point with my views on the same subject. You then starting on about something completely different - the ability of our new players to adapt to the Premiership. Now you're talking about something entirely different again.

I fully agree that there seems to be something wrong with the new player recruitment structure we have in place and the fact that Keegan seems to be being undermined by the board. However this is completely off the subject of your original argument.

Despite all of the underlying problems at the club i still think the players that have brought in are very good. We could have done with one or two more but i'm glad we didn't just splash the cash for the sake of it.

I think we are in for some very difficult times as a club. Lets not argue.  I think I need to go over to some of the other threads.

Things are bad for us.