Frank Gilmour

Stu

Does anyone on here actually know the self-appointed chair of the mysterious rent-a-quote "Independent Newcastle United Supporters' Association"?

If so, spout as many cliched lines in person as he does to the media?

I'm sick of hearing/reading soundbites and quotes from this horribly stereotypical 'fan' - does he ever do anything worthwhile for the club?  :angry:

Independent fans' chief Frank Gilmour said "In any other job Barton's shameful actions would have meant instant dismissal.

"I've seen the assault on CCTV and can't believe Newcastle are planning talks with him. He should be sacked on the spot."

Frank added: "As a union man, I represent employees at tribunals and if an ordinary worker did what Barton did on two occasions, I'd be unable to defend him."

------------------------------------------

Frank Gilmour, of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters Association, said: "It’s an absolute farce, you cannot run a football club like this. This is on a par with what happened 12 years ago. I wouldn't blame Keegan for going whatsoever."

“It’s high time he spoke out to clarify the situation,” said Frank Gilmour, chairman of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters’ Association.

“If he wants to stay and turn Newcastle into a successful club then that’s great and he should come out and say something sooner rather than later. The same applies if he has decided he wants to sell up.”

He added: “I’d like to see the uncertainty removed. My main concern is if he is going to sell the club, that it ends up in the hands of people who are determined to turn us into a successful club.”

Frank Gilmour, of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters' Association told the Sun newspaper: 'It's disgusting, an absolute joke.

'But will Mike Ashley (current owner) really be prepared to sell the club to the family of a terrorist.'

"Some fans in the Gallowgate End could find themselves affected by new corporate seating," said Frank Gilmour, the chairman of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters' Association. "I am in favour of investment in the club but the thing we worry about is transferring the money away from the playing staff. We are falling way behind the top four clubs."

Does anyone on here actually know the self-appointed chair of the mysterious rent-a-quote "Independent Newcastle United Supporters' Association"?

If so, spout as many cliched lines in person as he does to the media?

I'm sick of hearing/reading soundbites and quotes from this horribly stereotypical 'fan' - does he ever do anything worthwhile for the club?  :angry:

do you ? Apart from that daft interview you did ?

Wahey! Here we go.

quite simply the most hypocritical thing I've seen in ages.

I don't see him saying anywhere that the views are anybody else's other than his own by the way.

Hasn't the club asked you for views on things DAve ?

Please tell us the difference.

Wahey! Here we go.

I don't see him saying anywhere that the views are anybody else's other than his own by the way.

Neither the club or the press have ever asked me for my views on NUFC, either for publication or for any other reason.

Do you understand the meaning of the word ASSOCIATION?

Wahey! Here we go.

Neither the club or the press have ever asked me for my views on NUFC, either for publication or for any other reason.

I can't see why it bothers you.

I can only presume you are pissed off because it isn't you ?

Frank has never said he is speaking for the supporters, he only gives his own views and does it because he is asked for them.

Independent fans' chief Frank Gilmour said...

Frank Gilmour, of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters Association, said...

..said Frank Gilmour, chairman of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters’ Association.

Frank Gilmour, of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters' Association told...

...said Frank Gilmour, the chairman of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters' Association.

Yep, doesn't sound like he's representing anyone but himself.

Independent fans' chief Frank Gilmour said...

Frank Gilmour, of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters Association, said...

..said Frank Gilmour, chairman of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters’ Association.

Frank Gilmour, of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters' Association told...

...said Frank Gilmour, the chairman of the Newcastle United Independent Supporters' Association.

Yep, doesn't sound like he's representing anyone but himself.

do you think he walks around with a headband saying that or something

Wahey! Here we go.

Frank has never said he is speaking for the supporters, he only gives his own views and does it because he is asked for them.

Its more the fact that he claims to represent some sort of supporters club, which no-one I know of has ever been involved with/been associated with/ever heard about. He also happens to spout exactly what the southern media expect a stereotypical "crying on the telly geordie fan" to say.

He's very rarely complimentary about the club, why do the press never ask him for comments when there's something positive happening at the club? ["Oh, but that never happens" I hear you cry]

It's interesting that you should comment on this thread NE5, particularly that you should be 'defending' the guy, as my original post was going to make some tenuous allegation that YOU are Frank Gilmour...but that would be too far fetched :rolleyes:

How do I join INUSA?

It's a secret.

I don't actually want to join, as I am actually the elected chair of Friends of Newcastle United (FNU). I do wish to propose a merger between our respective organisations, however. I feel this would strengthen our say in affairs and ensure we can drown out the imbecilic bastards at the Tyneside Council for the Betterment of Newcastle United (TCBNU).

He represents that ASSOCIATION OF SUPPORTERS.

wouldn't you represent Newcastle Online ?

Whats the difference ?

Just admit it DAve, your beef with this is because it isn't you

Whats the difference ?

:lol:

My beef is that it's a secret organisation of two people. Frank Gilmour and you. Yet he claims to represent an ASSOCIATION OF SUPPORTERS that cannot be found, contacted or joined. In fact they're fucking invisible.

Wahey! Here we go.

Its more the fact that he claims to represent some sort of supporters club, which no-one I know of has ever been involved with/been associated with/ever heard about. He also happens to spout exactly what the southern media expect a stereotypical "crying on the telly geordie fan" to say.

He's very rarely complimentary about the club, why do the press never ask him for comments when there's something positive happening at the club? ["Oh, but that never happens" I hear you cry]

It's interesting that you should comment on this thread NE5, particularly that you should be 'defending' the guy, as my original post was going to make some tenuous allegation that YOU are Frank Gilmour...but that would be too far fetched :rolleyes:

he doesn't "claim" anything, from what I have seen. Its the same as Mark Jensen of the mag, they are telephoned and asked for their views. Now I'm not Frank Gilmour, but I know that Mark Jensen gets asked for his views. And no, I'm not Mark either.

Thats all there is to it. These people don't write the lines, they are just asked for their opinions.

Whats the difference ?

:lol:

My beef is that it's a secret organisation of two people. Frank Gilmour and you. Yet he claims to represent an ASSOCIATION OF SUPPORTERS that cannot be found, contacted or joined. In fact they're fucking invisible.

haha, you're wrong.

Whats the difference ?

No one from here would speak for the forum members (or allow themselves to be understood as doing so). In all seriousness, do you know how I would go about finding about/involving myself with INUSA? How did he come to speak for the group? How big is the group?