Will you still support Newcastle United?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If KK goes... i will lose a lot of interest.

NUFC are 4 ever, i cant stop supporting them ... its impossible!

Im just fed up with the sport atm.. the Citeh thing  :thdn:  and all this KK leaving shite  :thdn: :thdn:  :thdn:

Hibernating from the sport for now  :crazy2:

Where's the pictures gone by the way on the left hand side?

Anyway, as an outsider, I'm disgusted to see certain individuals on this forum (I'm going to assume it's a small minority) who are seriously considering ceasing connections with Newcastle. There's a huge difference between not going to a few games, and not supporting the club. If you are someone who fits into the latter category, then you obviously weren't a proper supporter in the first place.

And I should know, there's enough buffoons on the Everton forum(s) who were going on about similar things due to the hierarchical debacle at our club through the summer.

Sorry if that's a bit strong considering I'm not an NUFC fan but that's just my opinion! As someone said previously on this thread, a football club is for life.

And yes, I appreciate the anger some of you must be feeling at the moment... but keep it at heat-of-the-moment emotion... not saying daft things like "I can't support them anymore".

I wouldnt believe that a single person on here would ever cease connections with the club.

Its kind of like a sub-conscious act of support for Kevin. Like "If he goes, we go with him".

What people mean is that they dont want to offer any vocal or financial support to the club while the current regime are in place.

Fair to say, emotions having been running very high today. Personally I feel drained.

If KK goes... i will lose a lot of interest.

Well put. If indeed KK leaves, a large part of my interest will die off. Let me clarify that I've been following the fortunes of my beloved NUFC since 1974 from a far, Keegan's three comings have made it a whole new experience.

I remember the dross of the 1980s and the old 2nd Division and from recent times, the BSA era. Whilst I still followed the fortunes during these lean years, it was more out of loyalty and a matter of having a club to follow rather than real fervour and interest that only Keegan can generate.

Keegan is one of the most charismatic figures in Football and one can't help but be swept along by his enthusiasm and belief. I have been so excited that this season will be one of great expectations as Keegan has really instilled a sense of hope but if he walks, I will really find it hard to have the same level of interest.

I just don't see any manager out there that can have the same impact on NUFC as Keegan. He really is a one-off and whilst I don't expect him to stay on forever, leaving under such circumstances will be just too much for me.