Will you still support Newcastle United?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I will officially have had enough if he has gone. He is the only manager I want managing this club and really could not go back there if them c***s get rid of him

Couldn't help but laugh at you username :lol:

:lol:

Howay man lads, lets not have this talk. You cant pick up and drop a club. Should be for life.

People are just really upset man, I don't think anyone will honestly give up on the club as of today should this all be true.

A lot of people's reactions are just knee jerk to some awful news, i wouldn't take any of it seriously tbh.

Every single one of the people who post here (except our guest from the other clubs) cares deeply about NUFC, we may have differing opinions on certain things but when the Hull games comes around, I'm sure we'll all be 100% behind the lads, no matter who's sitting in the dugout.

Guest alijmitchell

I've been thinking about this for the last five hours, like everyone else I imagine. The issue that replays in my mind over and over again is where to draw the line?

There have undoubtedly been worse times in the History of this club, and that is a fact. The real issue for me is a lack of love for football in general. This feels like the final straw. I hate football in this country from the top to the fucking bottom, the owners are shysters, detached a million miles away from the fans (and no amount of replica shirts and beer swilling in the away end will change that you fat prick), the media is so utterly utterly disgraceful it makes me sick. I cannot think of one newspaper that has done anything but heap pressure on the situation, fabricate stories, purvey lies and create a self fulfilling prophecy within this club.

The national team is a waste of fucking time and money (extortionate tickets prices), and is praised and criticised in equal unrealistic extremes by the horrible cockney southern-centric press. The premier league fixture list is a constant disgrace, tickets are overpriced and the atmosphere is shit. The players are totally contemptible, from stevie g, to lamps, to drogba, to ronaldo, to our very own steven taylor and joey barton. All horrible disgusting individuals.

I hate the majority of fans too, either glory hunting prawn sandwich eating toffs or thick useless charver twats that we see hanging outside the ground talking to sky sports news. 3 fucking strips as well, why??? Going out of international tournaments on penalties and the ensuing mourning period (do me a fucking favour). The 39th game.

The ONLY saving grace for me was MY club, and by that i don't mean the players or the owners or even the shirt, but the fact that it represents where I am from, and that club made me proud. With Keegan in charge it was our man, one of us, representing our city, and fuck the trophies, we were beginning to believe we had something to be proud of. With Keegan gone I can't bring myself to like the club at the moment, let alone love it. Words cannot express how gutted I am.

So with such a hatred of football, when do we say it is time to turns our backs on it, watch the games in the pub, and follow the team without lining the pockets of the vermin in charge of the game. Its such a big decision to make, and if i did give it up, could I live with myself if I ever came back during a successful period. I need guidance here from people who've seen this sort of thing before and worse. Turning my back on english football is easy enough, turning my back on such a massive part of my life is so much harder.

Guest bluegeordie

Disillusioned to fuck if this is all true, in all honesty I was disillusioned with the sport as of yesterday when the Man City takeover happened.

I feel exactly the same way tbh. The absurdity of the modern game is difficult to ignore when you see this kind of ridiculously dramatic and almost random turn around in a club's fortunes, and all that you're left to hope for is that "your" club will somehow come up trumps when a Sheikh Someone Or Other next indulges in a game of football club "eenie, meenie, minie, mow". No, I must admit that as a football "fan" I increasingly feel like a total mug, who pays for the privilege of sitting by and watching someone else's fantasy league unfold. And to make matters even worse, the budgets of the competing (I use the word loosely) teams in this fantasy league are so ludicrously uneven that the uncertainty that is so crucial to the dramatic appeal of sport is in danger of vanishing altogether. These days, more than ever, football is like crack cocaine, and the dealers don't even have the decency to live in the same country, never mind the same region or city.

And before anyone points out that "it's always been this way", I realise that this is true to an extent, but not to the extent that we have to contend with these days. With football being a truly international and tv-driven game, and with virtually no politcal will amongst the game's administrators to tackle the problem of uneven competition (through the likes of salary caps, player drafts, limits to squad sizes, minimum numbers of local or domestic players etc), things are only likely to get worse.

The solution? Well, that's obvious isn't it? :suicide: ... And what better day than today?       

I've been thinking about this for the last five hours, like everyone else I imagine. The issue that replays in my mind over and over again is where to draw the line?

There have undoubtedly been worse times in the History of this club, and that is a fact. The real issue for me is a lack of love for football in general. This feels like the final straw. I hate football in this country from the top to the fucking bottom, the owners are shysters, detached a million miles away from the fans (and no amount of replica shirts and beer swilling in the away end will change that you fat prick), the media is so utterly utterly disgraceful it makes me sick. I cannot think of one newspaper that has done anything but heap pressure on the situation, fabricate stories, purvey lies and create a self fulfilling prophecy within this club.

The national team is a waste of fucking time and money (extortionate tickets prices), and is praised and criticised in equal unrealistic extremes by the horrible cockney southern-centric press. The premier league fixture list is a constant disgrace, tickets are overpriced and the atmosphere is shit. The players are totally contemptible, from stevie g, to lamps, to drogba, to ronaldo, to our very own steven taylor and joey barton. All horrible disgusting individuals.

I hate the majority of fans too, either glory hunting prawn sandwich eating toffs or thick useless charver twats that we see hanging outside the ground talking to sky sports news. 3 fucking strips as well, why??? Going out of international tournaments on penalties and the ensuing mourning period (do me a fucking favour). The 39th game.

The ONLY saving grace for me was MY club, and by that i don't mean the players or the owners or even the shirt, but the fact that it represents where I am from, and that club made me proud. With Keegan in charge it was our man, one of us, representing our city, and fuck the trophies, we were beginning to believe we had something to be proud of. With Keegan gone I can't bring myself to like the club at the moment, let alone love it. Words cannot express how gutted I am.

So with such a hatred of football, when do we say it is time to turns our backs on it, watch the games in the pub, and follow the team without lining the pockets of the vermin in charge of the game. Its such a big decision to make, and if i did give it up, could I live with myself if I ever came back during a successful period. I need guidance here from people who've seen this sort of thing before and worse. Turning my back on english football is easy enough, turning my back on such a massive part of my life is so much harder.

I was just about to type this but you saved me the bother so deserved a quote. KK - whatever his flaws at management level is one of the few things that keeps me watching this game.

Of course I will. Ultimately what am I angry about? I'm angry about what is being done to the club, that's always been the case.

Over the past few years I and I'm sure plenty of you have been angry with what certain mangers have done to the club, what a chairman has done to the club and now what the owner is doing to the club.

The actual club is what I love and the club is the victim in all of this, as are we because we get hurt at what people are doing to it.

Newcastle United is the victim so I'm not going to turn my back on the actual club.

You can be against what managers, boards, owners and players do whilst still sticking by, supporting and loving the actual club.

I was pissed of with football in general this morning then this news came through i was fcking fuming.

Its hard work, infact its mentally exausting being a toon fan.  Constantly having to defend them for rightious man u fans at work.

Starting to chill out now. 

I'd never stop supporting them.

I will officially have had enough if he has gone. He is the only manager I want managing this club and really could not go back there if them c***s get rid of him

Couldn't help but laugh at you username :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:laugh: :iamatwat:

I was pissed of with football in general this morning then this news came through i was fcking fuming.

Its hard work, infact its mentally exausting being a toon fan.  Constantly having to defend them for rightious man u fans at work.

Starting to chill out now. 

I'd never stop supporting them.

I know what you mean man!I have being saying all day,at least wait till its confirmed by Newcastle before you go off slagging.They think they know exactly whats going on inside the club when really no one has a fucking clue.I wouldnt mind the most slagging I got was from a Villa fan...ah yeah you lot lost 3-2 to fucking Stoke 2 weeks ago like.

I hate fucking Man U fans...why dont you support a team that wins trophys,when the last time you won a trophy,Shearer wishes he joined man u now,bla bla fucking bla!

Guest toonlass

Lets hope those who say they won't support the club fuck off now and go and support Man U like they should. Newcastle isn't a choice, ffs. Newcastle is a way of life, its something that you are born to do.

Will always but at the moment going by this and the past few years of football in general my enthusiasm is decreasing significantly. The whole money glitz and glamour thing is wearing me down every year and I can see myself before long struggling to really care.

Guest Anth.Nufc

100% Always will. Dosnt mean i agree with whats going on with the club, but i suppose things like this happen and thats what fans have to go thru.