We need a press conference

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

This is what I would like to see once (or if) this is all sorted out and Keegan stays.

A press conference with Kevin Keegan AND Mike Ashley together, outlining the vision of the club, and specifically telling us EXACTLY what roles Keegan, Wise, Jimenez etc occupy.

It's not too much to ask is it?

No thanks, I don't see why the club need to pander to the demands of the press. The press will throw mud at the club regardless of how easygoing we are with them. The hysteria of the last few weeks, actually, the entire summer has done little but convince me that the press really are being kept in the dark by the new regime. Much prefer this, today's events have made the entire sporting press look like idiots, to the Shepherd era of club insiders.

It's somewhat far fetched but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this was 'planned' to flush out the ubiquitous "club insider"

It's not the demands of the press. It's the demands of the fans who deserve to know what the fuck is going on.

True we have the power not Ashley

Either way if Keegan has walked or sacked then called back when Ashley realised he's in for it. The damage is already done even if Keegan comes back.

So we either need the owner to reassure the people he's taking money off or he'll be forced to sell if people boycott the club if Keegan doesn't come back

No easy way out for Ashley now

It's not the demands of the press. It's the demands of the fans who deserve to know what the fuck is going on.

So, what you're saying is you'd prefer to be lied to directly, rather than by proxy through endless self-appointed pundits, observers and reporters speculating wildly live on Sky Sports?

Why? There may not have actually been any news today if a certain A.Oliver hadn't jumped the gun with his doom-mongering. I don't know about you but I'd much rather talk about football and tactics than the goings on behind the club, which the press have constantly alluded to in recent months (because they don't have their 'club insider' anymore) to stir up the fans.

True we have the power not Ashley

Either way if Keegan has walked or sacked then called back when Ashley realised he's in for it. The damage is already done even if Keegan comes back.

So we either need the owner to reassure the people he's taking money off or he'll be forced to sell if people boycott the club if Keegan doesn't come back

No easy way out for Ashley now

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We're a set of the most fickle fans going around, priding ourselves on the "loyalest supporters" tag, the Hull game might not be a sell out but you can bet by the time we go to the Stadium of Plight, most of this will have blown over and the fans will be back in their droves*. A couple of wins, by whoever is in charge (Keegan, Wise, Poyet, A.N. Other) helps people forget what went before.

* We're mostly on TV throughout Sept and Oct, bar the Blackburn game which rarely sells out (partly due to their lack of away support)

All those muppets on BBC/Sky/ITV shouting about how "disgraceful" and "abysmal" the events are and declaring that they'll never come back will be back, even if they don't, there'll be another person to take their place before the next act of this neverending pantomime takes place.

"Ashley forced to sell" - I'm guessing you've not realised how stubborn the guy is by now? Probably pretty pissed off by some of the moronic comments that these 'soopadoopafans' have been making about him being a "penny-pincher" etc. The guy is putting his OWN money, his children's inheritance into a team that he previously had no allegiance to. The last we want is for him to become disillusioned and stop the spending.

Release it to the fans on the internet, fuck the press.

If we're actually going to do that (fuck the press, I mean) can I be first in line for Georgie Thompson? :pow:

Shotgun the brown if you're going for the pink  O0 :pow:

Yes, for the supporters, not specifically the press. However, whether this particular club (as it now is) considers us important enough to do so, I am not sure . . .

Manorpark, the fans as you know are not a single thinking entity. Some of "the fans" see the absolutely disgusting media coverage that NUFC get for what it is, the rest are now outside SJP trying to get their mugs on Sky TV

No thanks, I don't see why the club need to pander to the demands of the press. The press will throw mud at the club regardless of how easygoing we are with them. The hysteria of the last few weeks, actually, the entire summer has done little but convince me that the press really are being kept in the dark by the new regime. Much prefer this, today's events have made the entire sporting press look like idiots, to the Shepherd era of club insiders.

It's somewhat far fetched but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this was 'planned' to flush out the ubiquitous "club insider"

:lol: Aye Jack Bauer is flushing out St James park as we speak. I suspect this isn't in any way to do with that.

Guest FlapjackJoe

Release it to the fans on the internet, fuck the press.

I agree.  Post something on nufctv - or YouTube or something.

(then again, won't the press have a field day with that!)