I'll give Ashley credit for just one thing...........................

sicsfingeredmong

Ive missed all the conversations for a few days, but id like to know. Does anyone on here think Keegan is blameless?

No not really. I think most people know that his attitude certainly added to the problem. He generally gets the benfit of any doubt though. Just up to people to decide whether he has earned that right.

Its just about who was trying to do things in the best interests of the club. We have to hope that they all were but there was a clash over the way they went about it. Most people would assume that Keegan always does things with the fans and the team in mind. People are waiting for Ashley and his guys to prove they do likewise.

yeah, fair point. but isnt a successful club in the best interest of everyone? and doesnt the owner have the right to manage the club with his own vision? of course the have alot to learn, and communicating with the fans is one of them, but dont just jump on the bandwagon. give them a chance to prove themselves first before shifting blame.

I think we are living up to every stereotype. lets get all the facts and make informed decisions before we jump on the "Ashley Out" bandwagon, which i think is disgraceful.

Absolutely. I am sure everyone at the club wants success but you know what its like when ego's start clashing in any given work environment.

For me I think Ashley has made 1 fundamental mistake

He didnt come back to sort out the Keegan problem personally. If he wants the club to be run in his vision, when the shit hits the fan like it did, he really should have been on hand to take care of it.

This is probably as big a "shit hits the fan" situation imaginable for him... the fans messiah walks out because of a despite with his board. He could have immediately won brownie points with the fans by making the effort and even making a personal statement to say he was coming back to discuss it with Kevin. The fact that he didnt has led to every one questioning his intentions.

People will point and say he has employed people to look after this kind of thing but when something this major happens, it needs the man at the top involved and he decided (apparently) to stay away.

if he wants to own it to stand in the crowd, hes one brave fat f u c k e r

it amazes me how people use "fat" as an adjective-stick to beat Ashley with! i bet at least one person among each of your families, close friends, relatives, in-laws, and good people around the world that you know is "fat".

imo it shows that the mongs are lashing out for the sake of it, and have blown things way out of proportion. like "fat" proportions.

if he wants to own it to stand in the crowd, hes one brave fat f u c k e r

it amazes me how people use "fat" as an adjective-stick to beat Ashley with! i bet at least one person among each of your families, close friends, relatives, in-laws, and good people around the world that you know is "fat".

imo it shows that the mongs are lashing out for the sake of it, and have blown things way out of proportion. like "fat" proportions.

you couldnt be more right. Two weeks ago were people werent saying "get in, look at Fat Mike Ashley downing that pint, what a roar"!

Now all of a sudden, "That Fat Fucker is a right cock, did you see him down that pint on tele, ruining the Geordie name"

I think most people assume Guthrie was a Keegan signing, so he obviously had some input. He also had a few trialists in, among them Bassong.

I'm not really sure where this has come from myself. It seems much more likely to me that Guthrie is the sort of player Wise would have been looking at as manager of Leeds.

Keegan was supposedly only interested in Lampard, Henry & Beckham.

You mean the Keegan who claimed we would be looking at the same kind of players the likes of Tottenham would go for?

And that Guthrie, a player with offers from the likes of Bolton, would consider going to fucking Leeds? Guthrie played against us in Keegan's first home game, and I'm fairly sure he noticed.

Of course, Spurs have made at least five quite ambitious signings (while selling two of their best players at a massive profit), and we have made only two.