The official Fat Fred Out campaign

Guest ToonFanNorway
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you going to say if Polygon take over the club and sell players if they don't get instant success and the return on their investement ? Back to those days that you loved ?

If the Halls and Shepherd sell to a hedge fund such as Polygon who are out to make quick money out of us, it'll show that the money mentmore to them than the future survival and welfare of the club.

you couldn't make it up. So you are now going to blame them for selling to someone you want to take over ....

Priceless..

You're getting Balgravia and Polygon mixed up, having a Bobby Robson moment?

What are you going to say if Polygon take over the club and sell players if they don't get instant success and the return on their investement ? Back to those days that you loved ?

If the Halls and Shepherd sell to a hedge fund such as Polygon who are out to make quick money out of us, it'll show that the money mentmore to them than the future survival and welfare of the club.

you couldn't make it up. So you are now going to blame them for selling to someone you want to take over ....

Priceless..

You're getting Balgravia and Polygon mixed up, having a Bobby Robson moment?

bluebiggrin.gif  yes, and no

Scenario is clear though.

What are you going to say when Fat Fred gets us relegated? Same old shite?

never mind Ozzie, they may bring back your man Souness, as its his level

think about it, but I doubt you'll get it

Same old shite, then.

This one should be kept forever. Classic of all time.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. As I've been saying all along. It's this kind of attitude that makes the journalists write the stuff the do about Newcastle supporters, and you think they're writing shite....

Eh?

Baggio thinks that selling out to someone who clearly uses us purely to make money and asset-strip would show the Shepherd doesn't care about the future of the club. I'm sure he wouldn't mind Shepherd selling out and getting hideously rich off it if the persons taking over don't clearly want to asset-strip.

How is that 'damned if they do, damned if they don't'?

Perhaps he wants them to go, but ensure the club is handed over to someone responsible?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. As I've been saying all along. It's this kind of attitude that makes the journalists write the stuff the do about Newcastle supporters, and you think they're writing shite....

I think the club should only be sold to someone who has the best intentions for the club? Don't you?

Shepherd and the Halls continually bang on about how they're fans like us, we'll if they sell out to a hedge fund, a company that is known to asset strip to make fast money would that be the actions of a fan? would you sell to them if you were in charge?

Eh?

Baggio thinks that selling out to someone who clearly uses us purely to make money and asset-strip would show the Shepherd doesn't care about the future of the club. I'm sure he wouldn't mind Shepherd selling out and getting hideously rich off it if the persons taking over don't clearly want to asset-strip.

Perhaps he wants them to go, but ensure the club is handed over to someone responsible?

We would all be happy if the Board was replaced by a better one, that's obvious ffs.

What you and others have consistently failed to understand is that it is far from certain to happen like that, and because Fred isn't as bad as you think he is it is going to be harder to get a better Chairman than a worse one.

What is it exactly that you don't understand about that, and how do no-hopers spin that to mean I think Fred is fantastic?

Eh?

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head :thup:

Do I want Shepherd out? Yes.

Do I want him out at any cost? No.

I want him out as I've lost all faith in him, we're getting into debt and I just can't see him taking the club forward anymore. However I obviously want it sold on to someone who can do these things, someone I have faith in, someone who can reduce the debt and take the club forward again.

Maybe no such person is out there at the moment, but this is what I hope will happen in the not to distant future.

As I previously said, someone who claims to be a fan who wants the best for the club wouldn't sell us out like that, to some hedge fund wanting to take us to pieces in order to make money.

I think the club should only be sold to someone who has the best intentions for the club? Don't you?

Shepherd and the Halls continually bang on about how they're fans like us, we'll if they sell out to a hedge fund, a company that is known to asset strip to make fast money would that be the actions of a fan? would you sell to them if you were in charge?

Your hypocrisy is staggering. Given the amount of vitriol aimed toward these people wtf do you think they shouldn't just sell to anybody and walk away from it?

You think they should make available close to £200m for spending on players that they DON'T HAVE TO MAKE AVAILABLE and get abused for it, you think they HAVE to show this level of ambition for the club, but they don't. If abuse from people who claim to support the club builds up too much then I'm afraid we're into the idea of being careful what you wish for. I wouldn't blame them at all if they sold out to anybody under those circumstances.

Eh?

I want him out as I've lost all faith in him, we're getting into debt and I just can't see him taking the club forward anymore. However I obviously want it sold on to someone who can do these things, someone I have faith in, someone who can reduce the debt and take the club forward again.

Maybe no such person is out there at the moment, but this is what I hope will happen in the not to distant future.

As I previously said, someone who claims to be a fan who wants the best for the club wouldn't sell us out like that, to some hedge fund wanting to take us to pieces in order to make money.

Despite 'x' level of undeserved abuse? Are you serious?

Your hypocrisy is staggering. Given the amount of vitriol aimed toward these people wtf do you think they shouldn't just sell to anybody and walk away from it?

You think they should make available close to £200m for spending on players that they DON'T HAVE TO MAKE AVAILABLE and get abused for it, you think they HAVE to show this level of ambition for the club, but they don't. If abuse from people who claim to support the club builds up too much then I'm afraid we're into the idea of being careful what you wish for. I wouldn't blame them at all if they sold out to anybody under those circumstances.

Well that really shit chairman Doug Ellis managed to withstand decades of hate from fans to sell out to a better man who is in a position to take the club forward, fair play to him for it.

Can you tell me how me wanting him to sell to someone who can take the club forward makes me a hypocrite?

Eh?

Despite 'x' level of undeserved abuse? Are you serious?

Undeserved?! :lol:

After appointing two of the worst managers in Premiership history one after the other?

He's got off lightly.

The club isn't going to get bought by an asset-stripper – for the simple reason that there are no assets to strip.

The club does however have what economists call "intangible assets" – and in our case that basically means the fan base, and a footballing brand that could be further developed in a variety of ways. Can't strip those, and making money out of them involves performance on the pitch. Nobody's going to buy the club unless they think they can make a better go of it than the current owners.

The club isn't going to get bought by an asset-stripper – for the simple reason that there are no assets to strip.

The club does however have what economists call "intangible assets" – and in our case that basically means the fan base, and a footballing brand that could be further developed in a variety of ways. Can't strip those, and making money out of them involves performance on the pitch. Nobody's going to buy the club unless they think they can make a better go of it than the current owners.

The word of the day is Naive

The word of the day is Naive

You'll have no problem, then, detailing NUFC's strippable assets.

Well that really shit chairman Doug Ellis managed to withstand decades of hate from fans to sell out to a better man who is in a position to take the club forward, fair play to him for it.

Can you tell me how me wanting him to sell to someone who can take the club forward makes me a hypocrite?

There is no GUARANTEE that anybody coming in will be better, why can't you understand that? They could really believe they're selling out to someone, or some group better able to take the club forward, but what will you and your ilk say if it doesn't work out?

You want them out and yet would slag them if they sell out to a group YOU do not approve of. How do you deteremine whether or not they've sold out to a better group or not? Let me guess, hindsight again. What a surprise there.

For the fourth consecutive year the amount of money the club have taken in has dropped. The only part of the business which is growing is the commercial part which covers merchandising, sponsorship and catering. The club have decided to stop splitting the commercial figure which makes it more difficult to spot where the successes are. The most worrying drop is in the gate receipts, which dropped below the 2003 figures, despite an 11% rise in season ticket prices over the same period.

The TV related income also fell for the 4th year in a row. The results for 2007 will depend, as ever, on league position and the number of televised cup games. In 2006 the club finished 7th and received 12% more from Sky than in 2005 because of this. Any drop from 7th would impact the Sky payment for 2007. In the 2007/2008  season the new Sky contract will begin and the TV revenue should increase, but only if the club are in the "upper regions of the Premier League."

The club like to exclude player amortisation costs from the accounts. They  do this as the transfer costs make the business look less profitable. To do so does not make sense though. It is like Stagecoach deciding not to include the costs of buying buses in their accounts. Over the last few years the amount the club has spent on players, as shown by their amortisation costs, has been in decline. This has allowed the club to be seen to be making profits. The profits have only come from not investing in the playing squad, a policy which could not last. In 2006 there is a huge leap in player costs. It is unclear at what level the club thinks it should be running at. It used to in the £14m per season range, then it was allowed to drop to under £10m, in 2006 it was back to over £16m. There seems to be a lack of planning in this.

The wages seem to be out of control. The 11 month wages bill was £2m higher than the 12 months for the previous year ! The results try to explain away some of this by putting it down to 'exceptional' costs from sacking managers. They have had to do this for the last two years, and for 4 of the last 9 seasons. Clearly not that exceptional then. The target for wages has always been to under 50% of the turnover. If the managerial costs are ignored, as the club would like, then the ratio is 64%, with the 'exceptional costs, it is 68%. It is unlikely the club can continue at this rate for very long.

The on-going problem with the wages being so high is that all the players signed over the last couple of years are on long-term, high wages. If the players do not turn out to be any good, the club are stuck with 4 and 5 year contracts to pay up.

Of course the other way to improve the wages ration would be to increase the income to the club. The only sign that this would be possible would be the extra Sky money. To get the current wages to the correct sort of level the income would have to go up to about £106m. This would mean Sky paying us £49m per year rather than the current £26.8m.

The overall profit and loss for the club shows a huge drop. At £12m, for an 11-month reporting year this is very poor. All the money that comes into the club does so during the playing season. The costs of running the club are over 12 months. Adding in an extra month's wages, and an extra month of amortisation the 12 month figure could be a loss of over £16m.  The only positive that can be seen from this figure is that it has stopped the board from awarding a share dividend of any sort for the first time since becoming a PLC.

A summary of the overall results would be that they are very poor. Gates down, TV money down, profits down, wages up, borrowings up. The board of the club have little to be proud of.

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/2006results.htm

I predicted the bloke you supported would wreck the team and leave the club in debt. You said he wouldn't and wanted to judge him when he'd spent the money and built his own team. Why aren't you happy? You got what you wanted.

I wasn't on the board when your hero who has led the club into debt appointed Souness. Your memory is as faulty as your arguments are pathetic.

Thought of any strippable assets yet?

What are you going to say when Fat Fred gets us relegated? Same old shite?

never mind Ozzie, they may bring back your man Souness, as its his level

think about it, but I doubt you'll get it

Same old shite, then.

no reply again, then

Eh?

and you can't see that they would think why not sell out as nobody wants them ? You say you don't want them, so what are you complaining about ...

As some of us keep saying, be careful what you wish for. Look at our past, and look at other clubs, look at the reaction of the manure fans who wanted those irish blokes out then criticised them for selling to Glazier. It seems that some Newcastle fans are becoming more like fuckwit manure fans in more ways than one.

In case you haven't noticed, look at the title of this thread, which you are rather enthusiastically supporting.

priceless, what a u-turn

:lol: :lol: spoken like a true deluded bandwagon jumper