The official Fat Fred Out campaign

Guest ToonFanNorway
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The Fox

If Managers bring success to a club then the Chairmans appointments have been successful. If they dont then the Chairmans appointments have been unsuccessful.

Therefore Shepherd has been unsuccessful to all except NE5, HTL and one or two others.

I think that says it all.

I guarantee MON will have Villa finishing above us which will prove that he would have been a better aoppointment than Roeder, despite the President of the Lee Bowyer appreciation Society not liking him. :) :) :)

I don't think that is proof. He'd have different players to work with, different attitudes, a different budget, a different environment in terms of pressure from fans,media and chairman, and also requiring a greater re-shaping of the team to his ideal which I believe is not attack oriented as the Newcastle squad is in terms of where the better players are. He'd have a harder job of improving the defence.

That is why you find managers succeeding at certain clubs but not others (Dalglish), you're treating it as though all clubs have an equal blank state and the manager merely has to act on it to achieve what he wants, instead of keeping in mind the reactive elements.

It's the same with players, they won't succeed everywhere because of the different environments.

Not at all, MON took over a squad that many on here said was very poor and way below us. He had no time in the transfer market, but brought out the best in what he had.

Roeder had all summer, failed to address our defensive issues and signed a forward Martins for a lot of money and we have yet to see whether this was a success.

MON had not taken three clubs to relegation. To be appointed you should have had at least some considerable success elsewhere, I know Souness did have some, but a large part of that was in Scotland and Turkey, the Liverpool success was taking over a great squad and set up.

1. Dalglish appeared to be the right choice at the time.

2. If you dont choose based on track record then you use whatever criteria Shepherd used to select the last two cos neither could be on track record.

3. Dalglish wasnt a shite appointment

Thanks for that, mate.

BTW Souness had a decent track record, better than O'Neills in fact.

At the point of signing him he was one of the very few managers below us in the league. That in itself, should have told Shepherd to stay clear. 

You're being influenced by gejon, here. Not sure why you're posting this like. I hope you don't think I was pleased when Souness was given the job, like. Or that I think he was a good appointment. Just pointing out to the head in the sand crew who think it's easy that he had a better track record than O'Neill, and there are more than a few who would spurt all over the place had Fred gone for O'Neill.

I credit peasepud with a lot more up top than to be influenced by me!

If Managers bring success to a club then the Chairmans appointments have been successful. If they dont then the Chairmans appointments have been unsuccessful.

Therefore Shepherd has been unsuccessful to all except NE5, HTL and one or two others.

I guarantee MON will have Villa finishing above us which will prove that he would have been a better aoppointment than Roeder, despite the President of the Lee Bowyer appreciation Society not liking him. :) :) :)

It's like flogging a dead horse.....

I know that ultimately the managers haven't brought success on the field. What I'm waiting for you to tell me is how you expect Fred to have been able to predict that in advance of making the managerial appointments that they wouldn't work out. On the basis of track record he's appointed suitable managers bar Roeder. Even Souness had a winning track record. So how would you appoint managers? What is your advice to the man you criticise? I'm sure some club insiders read the forum and they're probably chomping at the bit to hear what you have to say, especially as you won't suffer from the old "can't see the wood from the trees", being as you haven't been to a match in decades, like.  :cool:

Why don't you have a crack at answering the earlier questions about the appointment of Dalglish, or are they too difficult for you to understand?

1. Dalglish appeared to be the right choice at the time.

2. If you dont choose based on track record then you use whatever criteria Shepherd used to select the last two cos neither could be on track record.

3. Dalglish wasnt a shite appointment

Thanks for that, mate.

BTW Souness had a decent track record, better than O'Neills in fact.

At the point of signing him he was one of the very few managers below us in the league. That in itself, should have told Shepherd to stay clear. 

You're being influenced by gejon, here. Not sure why you're posting this like. I hope you don't think I was pleased when Souness was given the job, like. Or that I think he was a good appointment. Just pointing out to the head in the sand crew who think it's easy that he had a better track record than O'Neill, and there are more than a few who would spurt all over the place had Fred gone for O'Neill.

My post was in no way having a go at yours, Im sure I know your stance on Souness  :lol:

What I was saying is that regardless of past glories, taking a manager whos about to be sacked from one of the few clubs doing worse than yourself to replace one of the most respected managers in the world (and then pay Blackburn for the priviledge!) wasnt a shrewd business move from the fat one.

Couldn't agree more. The general belief is that Souness was offered the job to clear out the cancers in the club, or at least I think was the general belief while he was getting rid of our best players......  :cool:There was plenty of support for that at the tiime.....

Guest Invicta_Toon

I know that ultimately the managers haven't brought success on the field. What I'm waiting for you to tell me is how you expect Fred to have been able to predict that in advance of making the managerial appointments that they wouldn't work out. On the basis of track record he's appointed suitable managers bar Roeder. Even Souness had a winning track record. So how would you appoint managers? What is your advice to the man you criticise? I'm sure some club insiders read the forum and they're probably chomping at the bit to hear what you have to say, especially as you won't suffer from the old "can't see the wood from the trees", being as you haven't been to a match in decades, like.   :cool:

Why don't you have a crack at answering the earlier questions about the appointment of Dalglish, or are they too difficult for you to understand?

So, Shep just appoints the managers and then sits back and let them run the show?

Does he not get involved at all?

By your own argument, the one common factor in a string of good managers failing is .....

I know that ultimately the managers haven't brought success on the field. What I'm waiting for you to tell me is how you expect Fred to have been able to predict that in advance of making the managerial appointments that they wouldn't work out. On the basis of track record he's appointed suitable managers bar Roeder. Even Souness had a winning track record. So how would you appoint managers? What is your advice to the man you criticise? I'm sure some club insiders read the forum and they're probably chomping at the bit to hear what you have to say, especially as you won't suffer from the old "can't see the wood from the trees", being as you haven't been to a match in decades, like.  :cool:

So, Shep just appoints the managers and then sits back and let them run the show?

By your own argument, the one common factor in a string of good managers failing is .....

So Robson failed in your opinion?

Shepherd has shown himself to be too reactive when employing managers rather than proactive IMO, hence Souness coming in 'to sort the discipline out' despite the fact he was doing an awful job with Blackburn. Also, sacking Robson six games in or whatever rather than getting rid in the summer and starting afresh when it was clear Robson was on the wane.

All the others can be followed through in this manner too, regardless of their CVs.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I know that ultimately the managers haven't brought success on the field. What I'm waiting for you to tell me is how you expect Fred to have been able to predict that in advance of making the managerial appointments that they wouldn't work out. On the basis of track record he's appointed suitable managers bar Roeder. Even Souness had a winning track record. So how would you appoint managers? What is your advice to the man you criticise? I'm sure some club insiders read the forum and they're probably chomping at the bit to hear what you have to say, especially as you won't suffer from the old "can't see the wood from the trees", being as you haven't been to a match in decades, like.   :cool:

in the chairmans opinion....

Shepherd has shown himself to be too reactive when employing managers rather than proactive IMO, hence Souness coming in 'to sort the discipline out' despite the fact he was doing an awful job with Blackburn. Also, sacking Robson six games in or whatever rather than getting rid in the summer and starting afresh when it was clear Robson was on the wane.

All the others can be followed through in this manner too, regardless of their CVs.

I posted that a couple of weeks after Souness was appointed,  Dave. You've agreed at last. Thanks.

Eh? Small time thinking again, Victor.

Overall I'm sure Fred believes Robson was a success, but he'd taken the club as far as it could go under his management, hence time to move on.

As I edited my post before though HTL, Shepherd failed again through the timing of Robson's dismissal. Thinking proactively he should have got rid in the summer and started afresh. The timing was awful, and virtually left us with someone of Souness' calibre. Also, the PR with regards to the 'this is his last season' was farcical.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Overall I'm sure Fred believes Robson was a success, but he'd taken the club as far as it could go under his management, hence time to move on.

So Shepherd's logic was, ah fuck this, I can get someone better than this old fart

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

It's too fucking easy with you man

When I was a lad

And old shep was a pup

Over hills and meadows wed stray

Just a boy and his dog

We were both full of fun

We grew up together that way

Keegan Days

I remember the time at the old swimmin hold

When I would have drowned beyond doubt

But old shep was right there

To the rescue he came

He jumped in and then pulled me out

Old Shep gives Keegan lots of dosh

As the years fast did roll

Old shep he grew old

His eyes were fast growing dim

And one day the doctor looked at me and said

I can do no more for him jim

Now

With hands that were trembling

I picked up my gun

And aimed it at sheps faithful head

I just couldnt do it

I wanted to run

I wish they would shoot me instead

Wishes

He came to my side

And looked up at me

And laid his old head on my knee

I had struck the best friend that a man ever had

I cried so I scarcely could see

HTL

Old shep he has gone

Where the good doggies go

And no more with old shep will I roam

But if dogs have a heaven

Theres one thing I know

Old shep has a wonderful home

30 years in the future

As I edited my post before though HTL, Shepherd failed again through the timing of Robson's dismissal. Thinking proactively he should have got rid in the summer and started afresh. The timing was awful, and virtually left us with someone of Souness' calibre. Also, the PR with regards to the 'this is his last season' was farcical.

No, he didn't. He failed to bring in the correct replacement. It all comes round to the appointment of that bastard who is the worst manager of this club in my lifetime.

The reason people point to the timing of Robson's departure as being poor would never happen had the Board appointed the right man to take his place. We'd be doing well now if the right manager had been appointed, who would care about the timing? The proof is in the departure of Gullit and the appointment of Robson, I never hear much criticism surrounding the appointment of Robson, do you?

In any case, the proper 'timing' would have been at the end of the season we finished 3rd, not a few weeks before Robson eventually left.

So Shepherd's logic was, ah **** this, I can get someone better than this old fart

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

It's too ****ing easy with you man

Stupid post again, tbh.

Guest Invicta_Toon

So Shepherd's logic was, ah **** this, I can get someone better than this old fart

Stupid post again, tbh.

easy easy easy

Stupid post again, tbh.

easy easy easy

What's easy?

I know it's a forum, but you seem to have some kind of problem......

Guest Invicta_Toon

Stupid post again, tbh.

easy easy easy

What's easy?

easy to get you to abandon your daft point of view and resort to insults

easy easy easy

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

What's easy?

It could have been worse for him, he could have been trying to defend a chairman who is beyond defence, that is what I call a big problem.

Stupid post again, tbh.

easy easy easy

What's easy?

easy to get you to abandon your daft point of view and resort to insults

easy easy easy

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

bluelaugh.gif Sure.

What's easy?

It could have been worse for him, he could have been trying to defend a chairman who is beyond defence, that is what I call a big problem.

Easy way out, easy way out.