Sources close to Mike Ashley - SSN

Guest hindu times

basically you're only bothered about what the media make of it?

So basically you're HAPPY with this ?

I'd have put you as more aware than that, Dave.

Yes, it bothers me when we are abused and laughed at in the press.

And this would increase it twice over.

Crawl back in your shell mate, but it wouldn't go away.

I have no idea how you fucked that quote up so badly. :lol:

No, I'm not saying I'm happy with it. But I'm certainly not saying I'm unhappy with it just because of where they're from and what the media think.

As I've said elsewhere, if anyone has the money required and are serious about owning the club and running it properly, I couldn't give a flying fuck where they're from.

Yeah I know the only reason I'm keeping an open mind on this is because I'm scared of being called a racist :lol:  Get a grip Phil, did you ever consider that some of us are merely not bigoted?

Don't be a peabrain.

Right - so how about a bunch of white scam artists managing to cobble together enough money to buy the club.

Think first. It isn't about nationality or colour its "Will they improve the club" ?

What scam artists?  You just assume they must be scam artists purely because they're Nigerian?  And you call me a peabrain? :idiot2:

Right so if its not about nationality or colour then you tell me how you know or why you even think these people are scam artists?

Yeah I know the only reason I'm keeping an open mind on this is because I'm scared of being called a racist :lol:  Get a grip Phil, did you ever consider that some of us are merely not bigoted?

Don't be a peabrain.

Right - so how about a bunch of white scam artists managing to cobble together enough money to buy the club.

Think first. It isn't about nationality or colour its "Will they improve the club" ?

And why are they automatically 'scam artists'? Of course it's fucking nationality and colour.

some of the things i read on here are beyond belief.

When I read self-righteous turds like you I realize maybe we DO get what we deserve.

Tell me - in your best sermon - how a bunch of Nigerians who aren't exactly world-ranked businessmen (be honest for a change, pal) are going to improve this club ?

And how is this racist when I and many others would welcome a mega-rich arab consortium ?

If the Nigerians were mega rich and willing to go for the best, then I'd be overjoyed to welcome them.

Explain where I'm wrong instead of getting on your ***** pedestal

Don't be a peabrain.

And why are they automatically 'scam artists'? Of course it's f***ing nationality and colour.

Then explain HOW they are great businessmen and will benefit the club.

Don't be a peabrain.

And why are they automatically 'scam artists'? Of course it's f***ing nationality and colour.

So because they're from Nigeria they're guilty until proven innocent is that it?

Don't be a peabrain.

So because they're from Nigeria they're guilty until proven innocent is that it?

Still no proof of their being "great businessmen" then ?

So - all mouth, self-rightousness and no substance whatsoever eh ?

Don't be a peabrain.

I've already admitted I know nothing about them and whether or not it would be a good move. I'm just unwilling to dismiss them as easily as you and numerous others have done. I don't think anyone would be in serious discussions about buying a £350m+ business if they weren't 'mega rich'.

Nigerians ?

If Ashley wants to destroy the club totally, then that would do it

(Cue the ars*hol* Guardian readers whining about racism)

And SpinS - explain how they would be beneficial - in ANY way ?

This would DELIGHT the Manchester and London rags.

The BBC would be overjoyed.

We'd be a bigger laughing stock than we've ever been

Yet some would be happy to sacrifice the club on the altar of "racism".....

Mong-tastic.

What is the difference between a Nigerian business man and an American one? I'd have no issue with it.

Tbh, the Nigerian economy isn't exactly well-known for its positive headlines, so the scepticism of people is understandable I think.

Add to it the state of affairs in African football in general. There have been a lot of European managers working there and given a bit of insight. It's quite often that the fooball sides suffer from external influences coming from powerul politics and business people (who often go hand in hand). One of the reasons why African nations despite of all their talent are still lacking behind. That's what making me very sceptical of an African ownership being good for the club.

I've already admitted I know nothing about them and whether or not it would be a good move. I'm just unwilling to dismiss them as easily as you and numerous others have done. I don't think anyone would be in serious discussions about buying a £350m+ business if they weren't 'mega rich'.

You were f******g quick enough to throw racism accusations my way pal - which is worse ?

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Don't be a peabrain.

No proof of them being "scam artists" either, and since the rules of our society are innocent till proven guilty, you are in the wrong by judging them as "scam artists" purely based on their nationality.

You were f******g quick enough to throw racism accusations my way pal - which is worse ?

Link to me accusing you of being racist?

I can't believe you really missed my point so completely so I assume you're ignoring it deliberately to avoid the fact you have no argument.

BTW there's nothing self righteous about logic my bigoted friend, that's all I'm using here, and it seems to be something you can't wrap you're head around.

Nigerians ?

If Ashley wants to destroy the club totally, then that would do it

(Cue the ars*hol* Guardian readers whining about racism)

And SpinS - explain how they would be beneficial - in ANY way ?

This would DELIGHT the Manchester and London rags.

The BBC would be overjoyed.

We'd be a bigger laughing stock than we've ever been

Yet some would be happy to sacrifice the club on the altar of "racism".....

Mong-tastic.

Another peabrain

When you have more brain cells than teeth you would be welcome to join in - until then....

What is the difference between a Nigerian business man and an American one?

The Nigerian one would be more likely to know something about football.

I have a friend at work who has an encyclopaedic mind on football - but he'd be no use at running NUFC either.

Don't be a peabrain.

You hardly know anything about them! Your opinions seem to stem from your reaction of a few scam emails from Nigeria.

Don't be a peabrain.

You hardly know anything about them! Your opinions seem to stem from your reaction of a few scam emails from Nigeria.

Another pillock with no answer then ?

What is the difference between a Nigerian business man and an American one? I'd have no issue with it.

Tbh, the Nigerian economy isn't exactly well-known for its positive headlines, so the scepticism of people is understandable I think.

Add to it the state of affairs in African football in general. There have been a lot of European managers working there and given a bit of insight. It's quite often that the fooball sides suffer from external influences coming from powerul politics and business people (who often go hand in hand). One of the reasons why African nations despite of all their talent are still lacking behind. That's what making me very sceptical of an African ownership being good for the club.

Skeptical is fine, its sensible even, I'm wary myself as I've said earlier.  But assuming that people must be scammers because they're Nigerian is just pathetic.

Let's put it this way, Phil.

Neither you, I or anyone else on here know whether this lot are serious, any good or ultimately what's good for the club.

You and several before you however seem to have already deduced that they are not good businessmen, are scam artists, are not mega rich, and will definitely be bad for the club. What is that conclusion based on?

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Don't be a peabrain.

Another pillock with no answer then ?

The point that is being made is not that they are great business men, rather we don't know anything about them, so we are unwilling to judge.

You seem willing to judge them on the place they are from, which is quite frankley pathetic.

Before you call someone a pillock in future, look in the mirror.

Don't be a peabrain.

No proof of them being "scam artists" either, and since the rules of our society are innocent till proven guilty, you are in the wrong by judging them as "scam artists" purely based on their nationality.

Still waiting for the merest molecule of evidence on their business acumen

None whatsoever evident yet we still have mouthy types ranting about everything BUT

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Don't be a peabrain.

Still waiting for the merest molecule of evidence on their business acumen

None whatsoever evident yet we still have mouthy types ranting about everything BUT

Read my post at the top of the page.