Liverpool fans protest: what's it all about?

TRon

Guest king harry

Benitez has come very close to walking.

But he knows the majority of the fans are behind him, and also knows that in the years he has been here, he has transformed the team and squad into a very good one, maybe he wants to see the frutation of that.

That's kind of my point though, King Harry.

Keegan walked because whoever was above him had the gall to sell Milner and buy Xisco, etc. The Liverpool board publicly told everyone how they spoke to Klinsmann to replace Benitez, but Rafa has just got on with it. I'd say what Benitez put up with is a lot worse than Keegan, yet Keegan walked in 9 months, Benitez is just getting on with the "training and coaching" of the football team as he once put.

Guest king harry

Keegan walked because whoever was above him had the gall to sell Milner and buy Xisco, etc. The Liverpool board publicly told everyone how they spoke to Klinsmann to replace Benitez, but Rafa has just got on with it. I'd say what Benitez put up with is a lot worse than Keegan, yet Keegan walked in 9 months, Benitez is just getting on with the "training and coaching" of the football team as he once put.

At the minute though he is allowed to buy and sell his own players. Thats somthing he never had in spain and he knows its unlikely he would have 100% control, if he went back to spain, or Italy. A lot of clubs over there dont do that. Obviously the owners, both present and past, have refused to fork out for certain players. Garreth Barry, with the americans, and Alaves, when they accepted a bid, but then wanted an extra million, with the last owners.

Keegan was more or less getting told what players he had to work with, and personally i dont blame him for walking.

They are in the Champions League every year, winning cups and buying top players.

Why are the American owners so unpopular?

Mainly cause it looks like they aren't getting the new stadium that was promised and part of the deal of the takeover.

Quite interesting seeing as we have supporters here furious that Ashley has not "shown ambition" by taking out loans and spending more on the squad - something your American owners seem to have done, at least looking from the outside.

Who are these supporters and where are these opinions? No-one wants to see the club get into debt.

To quote someone on this forum, if things are so bad, why hasn't Benitez came out and exposed the owners for who they really are, and walked out? Or do you think maybe, just maybe, that a manager can still get on with his job of managing and coaching a squad of players?

Can anyone answer this?

Can't remember how much Torres cost.

Quite interesting seeing as we have supporters here furious that Ashley has not "shown ambition" by taking out loans and spending more on the squad - something your American owners seem to have done, at least looking from the outside.

Who are these supporters and where are these opinions? No-one wants to see the club get into debt.

To quote someone on this forum, if things are so bad, why hasn't Benitez came out and exposed the owners for who they really are, and walked out? Or do you think maybe, just maybe, that a manager can still get on with his job of managing and coaching a squad of players?

Can anyone answer this?

At the minute though he is allowed to buy and sell his own players. Thats somthing he never had in spain and he knows its unlikely he would have 100% control, if he went back to spain, or Italy. A lot of clubs over there dont do that. Obviously the owners, both present and past, have refused to fork out for certain players. Garreth Barry, with the americans, and Alaves, when they accepted a bid, but then wanted an extra million, with the last owners.

Keegan was more or less getting told what players he had to work with, and personally i dont blame him for walking.

Can anyone answer this?

Some scouser knows more about our club than we do?

Can't remember how much Torres cost.

What has the price of Torres got to do with his point?

Guest quklaani

Liverpool fans hate the yanks for the reason's already detailed, but I find the whole thing amusing.  They should be furious at Benetiz, he's spent such vast amounts of money (more than Manchester United and Arsenal in the same period) and they've shown little significant improvement in his time there.  If you took away his absurdly lucky big cup win he's been rather inferior to his predecessor.   

Why do Liverpool fans hate their owners so much?  Cause it's better than accepting that their manager is never going to win them the league.

Guest king harry

Liverpool fans hate the yanks for the reason's already detailed, but I find the whole thing amusing.  They should be furious at Benetiz, he's spent such vast amounts of money (more than Manchester United and Arsenal in the same period) and they've shown little significant improvement in his time there.  If you took away his absurdly lucky big cup win he's been rather inferior to his predecessor.   

Why do Liverpool fans hate their owners so much?  Cause it's better than accepting that their manager is never going to win them the league.

I carnt be bothered going into it, but off the top of my head

tevez - 30

rooney- 28

carrick - 17

berbatov - 32

nani - 17

etc etc etc

we have spent

21 on torres

17 on mascerarno

12 on keane

12 on babbel

10 on kuyt

6.5 on skertal, our most ever expensive defender.

i think if you google it over the last 5 years we have a massive diffrence between us and mancs on net spend. We have defintly spent more than Arsenal though, although they are in a simialr posistion to us.

The fact is though, the Union, isnt just about managers and owners, there will be loads in the Union that have lost patience with the manager (but not the majority).

Its about tickets, prices, travel, and things like that. It is what it says, a union that will look out for the interest of its members. And its been doing that very well.

The manager has been backed to bring in his own players to the tune of £80m, CL football every year...difficult to grasp what the Yanks have done wrong tbh. Unless it's the fact that there are Arabs wanting to buy in and the fans are hoping they'll come in and spend, spend spend right to the very end?

Guest king harry

Thats what it is really, £10 to join, which if you go the match you will get back straight away for cost of away matches, as we run transport, without making a profit.

Also stick up for supporters rights, one lad got his season ticket taken off, and kicked out the ground at home to manchester united, over a petty banner, been going the match for 20 years, at the moment the club are in negotations to get his ban overturned, without the union he would have no chance.

All the banner said was "Gary Neville was born in an Austrian celler"

Guest king harry

The manager has been backed to bring in his own players to the tune of £80m, CL football every year...difficult to grasp what the Yanks have done wrong tbh. Unless it's the fact that there are Arabs wanting to buy in and the fans are hoping they'll come in and spend, spend spend right to the very end?

The yanks have been in about 18 months, so they havent backed him with 80 million, infact they havent spent a penny of there own money, they have borrowed money, and are trying to re morgage that loan, meaning each season we have to make 30 million, before we have payed the annual intrest on the loans off.

They are in the Champions League every year, winning cups and buying top players.

Why are the American owners so unpopular?

hate to this Tron, but thats exactly the same as the vast majority of other fans thought of Newcastle fans when they whinged on when we [not all of us] were playing regularly in europe.

Except for the bit about being in the Champions League every year. And the bit about winning cups. In my experience, the vast majority of other fans would come out with some line like "Ha, ha, ha! How much have you spent and you still haven't won anything!"

In my experience, you are spouting complete bollocks. Again.

All of the clubs that aren't in europe are jealous of those that are.

You should get a life.

Have you emailed your protest about Ashley yet ?

Thats what it is really, £10 to join, which if you go the match you will get back straight away for cost of away matches, as we run transport, without making a profit.

Also stick up for supporters rights, one lad got his season ticket taken off, and kicked out the ground at home to manchester united, over a petty banner, been going the match for 20 years, at the moment the club are in negotations to get his ban overturned, without the union he would have no chance.

All the banner said was "Gary Neville was born in an Austrian celler"

A bit tasteless to be fair, many other ways of ripping it out of that twat without needing to go there.

One of the posters on here helps people get away at cost price too, he may make a small fee but its probably just the same as your membership fee.

The yanks have been in about 18 months, so they havent backed him with 80 million, infact they havent spent a penny of there own money, they have borrowed money, and are trying to re morgage that loan, meaning each season we have to make 30 million, before we have payed the annual intrest on the loans off.

So as I suspected, the Liverpool fans don't like the fact that the club has been put into debt to finance squad strengthening.

I wonder how our fans feel about the Liverpool fans attitude, seeing as many have criticised Ashley for not putting us into debt to finance big spending on proven quality players as we did under the previous board?

Guest king harry

So as I suspected, the Liverpool fans don't like the fact that the club has been put into debt to finance squad strengthening.

I wonder how our fans feel about the Liverpool fans attitude, seeing as many have criticised Ashley for not putting us into debt to finance big spending on proven quality players as we did under the previous board?

The thing is its main debt die to them buying the club,imagine if some south africans bought Newcastle for 300 million, with a loan, which they secured against Newcastle. And then said oh by the way we have no money.

The thing is its main debt die to them buying the club,imagine if some south africans bought Newcastle for 300 million, with a loan, which they secured against Newcastle. And then said oh by the way we have no money.

It could still happen although not likely due to the current financial climate.

Guest quklaani

tevez - 30

rooney- 28

carrick - 17

berbatov - 32

nani - 17

etc etc etc

we have spent

21 on torres

17 on mascerarno

12 on keane

12 on babbel

10 on kuyt

i think if you google it over the last 5 years we have a massive diffrence between us and mancs on net spend. We have defintly spent more than Arsenal though, although they are in a simialr posistion to us.

What an absolute load of rubbish, you list the full prices (add-ons included) for United players including speculated prices, and then take the minimum's for your own.  Liverpool have outspent Manchester United consistently in the Premier League (thought not by much, the point isn't the difference its that there is little difference, destroying another scouse myth) and this has continued to be the case in the Benitez era.  Again this pre-season Liverpool spent 40 million(ish) on several average players, while Manchester United spent 30 on one brilliant player.  Both clubs recouped roughly a third/half of their spending through sales.  This is why Rafa is awful in the transfer market, and this is why he will never win the league.  The Americans are merely a convenient scapegoats.  Figure I might as well bring this out, as while it doesn't neccesarily mean anythiung regards to money, it tells you a lot about Benitez. 

Players brought in by Liverpool in Rafa's time at the club (the lists are lifted of a thread on redcafe, so may have a few mistakes):

Josemi

Antonio Nunez

Luis Garcia

Xabi Alonso

Fernando Morientes

Scott Carson

Antonio Barragan

Boudewijn Zenden

Jose Reina

Mohamed Sissoko

Peter Crouch

Jack Hobbs

Mark Gonzalez

Jan Kromkamp

Daniel Agger

Robbie Fowler

Craig Bellamy

Gabriel Paletta

Fábio Aurélio

Jermaine Pennant

Dirk Kuyt

Nabil El Zhar

Álvaro Arbeloa

Javier Mascherano

Lucas Leiva

Sebastian Leto

Fernando Torres

Andriy Voronin

Yossi Benayoun

Ryan Babel

Charles Itandje

Emiliano Insúa

Martin Skrtel

Javier Mascherano

Philipp Degen

Andrea Dossena

Diego Cavalieri

David Ngog

Robbie Keane

Albert Riera

Manchester United on the other hand:

van der sar

rooney

carrick

anderson

hargreaves

nani

tevez

berbatov

evra

vidic

Heinze

park ji sung

manucho 

ben foster

alan smith

Those in bold have sinced left the clubs.  It should of course be noted that since the Djemba-Djemba era Ferguson has been on a bit of a roll...

tevez - 30

rooney- 28

carrick - 17

berbatov - 32

nani - 17

etc etc etc

we have spent

21 on torres

17 on mascerarno

12 on keane

12 on babbel

10 on kuyt

The fact is though, the Union, isnt just about managers and owners, there will be loads in the Union that have lost patience with the manager (but not the majority).

Its about tickets, prices, travel, and things like that. It is what it says, a union that will look out for the interest of its members. And its been doing that very well.

You're right.  A quick google shows that since Rafa joined you are estimated to have spent just over £100m net and ManU just short of £60m.

Probably not deadly accurate as there are a few "undisclosed" in there, but I don't think it shows the lack of financial support you think, or league performances would suggest.

Liverpool fans just love to moan.

They feel because "they are the best supporters in the world, they deserve to win the Premiership more than any other team" - a DIRECT quote from some scouse turd on talk radio a couple of years back. He further made a fool of himself saying that because they were so successful in the past, they deserved to be successful in the future.

If it was just the odd moron like him, it wouldn't make an ounce of difference.

But MOST of them are like this.

The same people would call us because of the protests against Ashley, then praise their own protests for not less reasons, but NONE !