Stan Collymores defence of Ashley Cole on the Radio

Doug

I wish Bridge would move to another club and be able to push Cole out of the England team.  I wouldn't have booed Cole, but I was cursing the little s*** on TV - [b}nowhere near as good as he thinks he is[/b] and it was no surprise he was booed.

Think you'll struggle to find a better left back in the entire world. I think he is certainly the best in PL and is on better form than the likes of Zambrotta and Abidal.

While most footballers use their autobiographies to talk about their success, Stan Collymore used Tackling My Demons to show the notches on his bed post. TV presenters Ulrika Jonsson and Davina McCall both rated a mention, as did DJ Sara Cox and model Sophie Dahl. But it was another television presenter, Kirsty Gallacher, who commanded special attention: 'She did things with chocolate fingers that have stopped me looking at them in the same way since,' he wrote. Gallacher strongly denied this, but then Collymore is alleged to have bragged about the affair to former Bath team-mates of her new beau, rugby player Paul Sampson, in a bar in Dublin. Although Stan spent the next day in hospital with a broken nose and bruised ribs, no charges were ever brought following the fracas between him and the Bath team.

hahaha collymore deserved that!

however, i do agree that ashley cole shouldn't be booed, he's the best LB we've got by a country mile, even if he is a grade a knob jockey.

Don't like Ashley Cole, but I would love him to be playing for Newcastle and England as he is the best English left back I've seen for years.  He's on the pitch to do a job and we should support him at all times when he is wearing an England shirt.  Venting your feelings about him at a World Cup Qualifying game is sad, especially given that it was done when he had made a rare mistake... kicking him while he's down is hardly going to help him on the pitch.

Yes Cole's a cunt, but the booing should stop. 

I would also like to add that Cheryl Cole is simply fantastic, would love to have a go on her. She is the only reason I can tolerate watching X-Factor with my girlfriend.

I think I am going to coin the term "Secularisation of Soccer". (Not that I'm a fan of the word soccer like.)

I think a lot of the problem is that fans no longer feel the national pride they once used to when watching England. The fact all the games are played at Wembley, the squad consists of players mainly from the top four (which is kind of obvious and good), but the lack of good facilities and talent coming through at grassroot level is appalling compared to that of the likes of France.

If people could get more involved at a young age and could see their country play closer to home for cheaper prices maybe, just maybe, we'd have more players who cared about playing for their country.

The extremely high wage bills have turned soccerstars into superstars, and unfortunately the motives for playing football in this country have completely changed.