The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest Heneage

He's from Cameroon, is a 6ft 2in midfielder and we're waiting to hear back from his club.

Place of birth: Yaoundé, Cameroon

Height: 1.87 m (6 ft 1+1⁄2 in)

Playing position: Midfielder

:frantic:

He's blatently crouching to get out of a move.

He's from Cameroon, is a 6ft 2in midfielder and we're waiting to hear back from his club.

Place of birth: Yaoundé, Cameroon

Height: 1.87 m (6 ft 1+1⁄2 in)

Playing position: Midfielder

:frantic:

He's blatently crouching to get out of a move.

:lol:

22.54  Joe Kinnear has revealed Newcastle United have made bids of £4million for two transfer targets, with Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia understood to be one of the players

He's worth double that.

He also just wouldn't sign for you.

"There are many big clubs after me now, so I am glad that I did not sign for Everton.

"I decided to stay here for the moment as my friends, such as Rigobert Song and Samuel Eto'o, told me not to be in a hurry.

"The Everton offer was the best on the table and I almost signed for them, but I am fine here for now.

"I prefer the Italian league, but I do not want to join a team that is fighting for fourth place. I am ambitious. There is a big Italian club who want me, but I will not reveal their name just yet.

"If Manchester United or Arsenal come in for you, you have to listen. The same as if Real Madrid or Barcelona came in for you.

"You never know, but I do not regret not signing for Everton. I am happy at Rennes at the moment."

I think £8-10m was talked about in the summer when we were after him as well.

22.54  Joe Kinnear has revealed Newcastle United have made bids of £4million for two transfer targets, with Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia understood to be one of the players

He's worth double that.

He also just wouldn't sign for you.

"There are many big clubs after me now, so I am glad that I did not sign for Everton.

"I decided to stay here for the moment as my friends, such as Rigobert Song and Samuel Eto'o, told me not to be in a hurry.

"The Everton offer was the best on the table and I almost signed for them, but I am fine here for now.

"I prefer the Italian league, but I do not want to join a team that is fighting for fourth place. I am ambitious. There is a big Italian club who want me, but I will not reveal their name just yet.

"If Manchester United or Arsenal come in for you, you have to listen. The same as if Real Madrid or Barcelona came in for you.

"You never know, but I do not regret not signing for Everton. I am happy at Rennes at the moment."

I think £8-10m was talked about in the summer when we were after him as well.

He's reiterated how he wants to come to the prem and if he almost signed for you then it shows he;s up for a move to a small club, why not a bigger one? ;)

I genuinely think this is a game of bluff, i think Kinnear has money to spend but is trying hard to hide the fact. Naming the amount we;ve bid is just too obvious, especially with the player in question.

Kinnear is confusing other teams scouts or something, or maybe hes just thick simple and clean.

The future dares to tell, hopefully  :-X

Thick would be my guess, he always says things and then contradicts himself just days later.

I genuinely think this is a game of bluff, i think Kinnear has money to spend but is trying hard to hide the fact. Naming the amount we;ve bid is just too obvious, especially with the player in question.

Two weeks into the transfer window & the game of bluff is proving a masterstroke. I thought JFK played blinder when he was said to the press he had to ask the MD to pop in SJP for a chat, I bet Decca was really in southern France having a beer with Willie Mckay & some 6ft 2inch African.

Guest pont-toon

more blerb from Kinnear on .cock

reckons that that he has £8 million to spend - 4 each on the 2 bids in - and another 2 from selling someone (Geremi?)

Two weeks into the transfer window & the game of bluff is proving a masterstroke. I thought JFK played blinder when he was said to the press he had to ask the MD to pop in SJP for a chat, I bet Decca was really in southern France having a beer with Willie Mckay & some 6ft 2inch African.

A post which promised much but delivered little. Its a dificult skill to write so much and not actually say anything, so well done with that.

JOE Kinnear has been told that he does have money to spend during the January transfer window - and has already made bids for two players.

The United boss is waiting to find out whether the two offers have been successful and says he expects to have a war chest of about £10m to spend before the deadline.

"We've made two serious offers for decent money," said Kinnear. "When I say decent money, two £4m offers for two players. They're considering them now. We made the bids today (Wednesday).

"We'll probably end up spending, at the moment, about £10m but the two players I've offered for are £4m each.

"The players that go out would be extra. That would be extra on top of what I've got."

Kinnear held a meeting with Mike Ashley on Tuesday night to discuss the club's transfer policy over the next few weeks and said he was pleased with the outcome.

JK added: "I identified the two players that we wanted, told them the price of the two players and (Mike Ashley) agreed to get them providing they accept the offers and whatever is on the outgoing players would add to that as well.

"So with the outgoing players I would hope to be nearer £10m than £8m. We'll find out tomorrow on the two players coming in.

"I'm very optimistic about it. One of them is very crucial for us at the moment. He plays for Cameroon. He's a decent player. He's 6ft 2ins, he's pacy, he's powerful and I just thought he would add something else to us.

"I explained who it was to him (Ashley) and we got on the case and we've spoken to the club that he plays for. So we're just keeping our fingers crossed that they accept it."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1520434,00.html

JOE Kinnear has been told that he does have money to spend during the January transfer window - and has already made bids for two players.

The United boss is waiting to find out whether the two offers have been successful and says he expects to have a war chest of about £10m to spend before the deadline.

"We've made two serious offers for decent money," said Kinnear. "When I say decent money, two £4m offers for two players. They're considering them now. We made the bids today (Wednesday).

"We'll probably end up spending, at the moment, about £10m but the two players I've offered for are £4m each.

"The players that go out would be extra. That would be extra on top of what I've got."

Kinnear held a meeting with Mike Ashley on Tuesday night to discuss the club's transfer policy over the next few weeks and said he was pleased with the outcome.

JK added: "I identified the two players that we wanted, told them the price of the two players and (Mike Ashley) agreed to get them providing they accept the offers and whatever is on the outgoing players would add to that as well.

"So with the outgoing players I would hope to be nearer £10m than £8m. We'll find out tomorrow on the two players coming in.

"I'm very optimistic about it. One of them is very crucial for us at the moment. He plays for Cameroon. He's a decent player. He's 6ft 2ins, he's pacy, he's powerful and I just thought he would add something else to us.

"I explained who it was to him (Ashley) and we got on the case and we've spoken to the club that he plays for. So we're just keeping our fingers crossed that they accept it."

is everyone happy now that we are being told what is going on ?

All that bull does is get peoples hopes up. I'd rather they just kept quiet about any potential incomers.

We are in serious trouble and need good signings asap, not just to survive this season but to have for next season aswell, what do we get? £8 f***ing million, Ashley is a grade A c***.

how much of your money are you risking ?

We are in serious trouble and need good signings asap, not just to survive this season but to have for next season aswell, what do we get? £8 fucking million, Ashley is a grade A cunt.

£8-10m will stand up to most clubs transfer budget in Jan, the most we've ever spent is £11m. Quite frankly i dont care if we end up making a profit this window providing the squads improved.

We are in serious trouble and need good signings asap, not just to survive this season but to have for next season aswell, what do we get? £8 f***ing million, Ashley is a grade A c***.

how much of your money are you risking ?

I dont see what your point is, am I the owner of NUFC?

We need a new central midfielder worth at least £8million, never mind our whole budget being £8million.

All that bull does is get peoples hopes up. I'd rather they just kept quiet about any potential incomers.

I dont get it, do we want to hear things or do we not? Or is it certain things you dont want to hear and certain things you do, someone needs to make up there mind and email the club.