The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Bordeaux boss Blanc warns clubs off Chamakh

Bordeaux chief Laurent Blanc says Moroccan international Marouane Chamakh will be going nowhere at the end of the season.

The 25-year-old has hit more than 30 league goals for the Ligue 1 side, as well as netting 12 times in 34 caps for his country, and has been linked with a string of Premier League sides, including Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle.

However, former Manchester United defender Blanc has ruled out the possibility of the the club dispensing with their prize asset, who still has another year left to run on his current contract, in the summer.

"Marouane will still be under contract with Les Girondins next season," Blanc told Sud-Ouest.

"Him moving is totally out of question. He is an extremely productive player."

While Chamakh himself has reassured Bordeaux fans that he intends to speak to the club about an extension to his existing deal, while revealing his desire to move to England sometime in the future.

"We will certainly be speaking with the club about a contract extension but it's still too early to speak about it," he said.

"If one day I was to move on, for sure it will be for England. But this doesn't mean that I'm desperate to leave. It will depend on the opportunities that will arise."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/restofeurope/26402/default.aspx

Bougherra committed to Gers as Magpies hover

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra would gladly snub a double-your-money move to Newcastle if the Premier League club try to buy him this summer.

The struggling Magpies boss Joe Kinnear reportedly expressed an interest in the Algeria international during the January transfer window.

With cash-strapped Rangers almost certain to offload one of their big-name players at the end of the season, Bougherra could find himself sacrificed.

But the 26-year-old, who only moved to Ibrox from Charlton in July, would rather stay put, even if that would not maximise his earning potential.

"I could make twice as much money at Newcastle,'' he said. "Rangers don't pay me much more than what I was on at Charlton.

"I am not among their best-paid players - I am someone who has joined them from a Championship club.

"But, in sporting terms, I am at a big club and I am happy with what I have, as it enables me to live well and look after my family. My heart is with Rangers and I want another season at the very least here.

"I've climbed the ladder from Gueugnon and Crewe. It would be illogical to leave Rangers for a club struggling to stay up, knowing I could play Champions League football next season - or at worst be in the Europa League.''

Bougherra is even more motivated to stay put to repay the fans who have taken him to their hearts.

He revealed supporters have told him he has helped them forget about Carlos Cuellar, whose summer sale to Aston Villa angered many of the Ibrox faithful.

Bougherra, who is a certain starter for Sunday's Co-operative Insurance Cup final against Celtic, said: "People recognise me whenever I go to the shops and, during the last transfer window, the Rangers fans pleaded with me not to leave.

"I was surprised they begged me to stay, as I had only been at the club for five months. But they said they loved me as I had replaced a player they considered irreplaceable in Cuellar.

"Carlos had been voted player of the year last season but was then transferred to Aston Villa. The fans were unhappy, as he was their idol and they didn't think anyone could replace him.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=627574&sec=transfers&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716

Can understand him wanting to stay away from us. Be interesting to see if any decent sides take an interest in him though. I can't help but think players who stick with Old Firm sides lack ambition. Yes you're more or less guaranteed trophies and European football, but at the expense of playing decent football week in week out.

Can understand him wanting to stay away from us. Be interesting to see if any decent sides take an interest in him though. I can't help but think players who stick with Old Firm sides lack ambition. Yes you're more or less guaranteed trophies and European football, but at the expense of playing decent football week in week out.

Have another think about what you just said there, with particular regards to the quality of football we've seen in the lower part of the Premiership recently...

:lol:

I would love it if we made a bid to get swedish starlet Rasmus Elm here. Hes 20 years old, plays all over midfield and is the biggest talent Sweden has seen since Ibrahimovic. Fulham tried to get him in january but he wanted to stay in Sweden atleast until the summer so he can focus on getting in to our national team, wheres hes almost a regular already, and to be prepared for the U21 european championships this summer. He would be a great addition to our first team in the summer. Check him out if you get the chance.

I would love it if we made a bid to get swedish starlet Rasmus Elm here. Hes 20 years old, plays all over midfield and is the biggest talent Sweden has seen since Ibrahimovic. Fulham tried to get him in january but he wanted to stay in Sweden atleast until the summer so he can focus on getting in to our national team, wheres hes almost a regular already, and to be prepared for the U21 european championships this summer. He would be a great addition to our first team in the summer. Check him out if you get the chance.

Is no-one else after him that you know of?

Our scouts have been to Sweden & got us Samuel Adjei from Second Division club Jonkopings Sodra IF, I doubt they would miss a player like this if he was any good. Also Elm is a FUCKING GINGER!!!! We don't mind men like Xisco but nee fucking GINGERS please!!!!!

There has been reports that Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen has been watching him. I also heard a rumour about Fiorentina.

A lot of swedish players join dutch clubs at the moment but Rasmus Elm is better than that. He is probably going to a club in the big four leagues this summer.

I beleive NUFC needs some nordic players.  More TV coveraghe for me ;-)