Had to post this absolute gem

Guest Antec

I think Diouf has a point to be honest, he was probably the leading Senegalese player of his generation, just as Eto'o was the leading Cameroonian and Drogba the leading Ivorian.

He doesn't say anywhere in that article that he has as much ability as either of them.

I think Diouf has a point to be honest, he was probably the leading Senegalese player of his generation, just as Eto'o was the leading Cameroonian and Drogba the leading Ivorian.

He doesn't say anywhere in that article that he has as much ability as either of them.

That was not the point of the discussion Diouf is involved in I don't think. He may be the leading Senegalese player of his generation (very very debatable), but unlike the players you named Diouf has not been a soldier and a warrior for his country. His attitude and actions have cost Senegal dearly. How can someone claim to be with Eto'o and Drogba when he cannot lead his (very talented) country past the preliminary round of WCQ. His club career is also a failure. Nothing but mediocrity

That was not the point of the discussion Diouf is involved in I don't think. He may be the leading Senegalese player of his generation (very very debatable), but unlike the players you named Diouf has not been a soldier and a warrior for his country. His attitude and actions have cost Senegal dearly. How can someone claim to be with Eto'o and Drogba when he cannot lead his (very talented) country past the preliminary round of WCQ. His club career is also a failure. Nothing but mediocrity

Led them to their first ever World Cup with something like 8 goals in qualifying. I would say that has earnt him a lifetime of reprieve for any poor performances for Senegal since.

Guest Heneage

Diop ? Niang? Waigo? Beye?

Hes being arrogant, bar a stint at Liverpool what had he done? Decent record at Stade Rennais thats it. He's never been prolific and was considered a flop by Liverpool. Beye was captain of a top French side, Niangs in the Champions League with Marseille, Diop has shown elements of class.

Led them to their first ever World Cup with something like 8 goals in qualifying. I would say that has earnt him a lifetime of reprieve for any poor performances for Senegal since.

Yeah Ok, that's great logic. I don't see why Senegal should have lower standards just because they don't have great history. You know Beckham should be allowed to f*** off from the National team and work to get talented players kicked off the squad because he scored that goal against Greece in 2002. The Senegalese fans would disagree with you. Notice the football in Togo and Angola isn't going completly mad right now. Both these teams made the 2006 World Cup, but people understand that was a miracle and that their countries do really lack the talent to compete. This is not the case with Senegal. They are flaunting players from all across Europe, but they couldn't even qualify to be one of the 20 teams that will attempt to qualify for the World Cup. Everyone involved in that shambles should be ashamed. Not only does he not show commitment in their colors, but he also had enough influence to ensure that Soulemayne Diawara and Mamadou Niang (Who is much better than Diouf) were not called up for the final and deciding encounter (according to his fellow teammates). What Diouf has done to Senegal is the equivalent of Keegan quiting and than working through the FA to get Oba and Owen suspended for the rest of the season. The guy is an absolute c***. End of story.

Leading your country to your first ever World Cup means a fuck load. Of course, this doesn't mean that he's not selfish but you can't underestimate how much that meant to Senegalese football (and its players, whom many made a name for themselves in that tournament).