Football coverage in the USA.

Guest Chubby Jason

Guest Chubby Jason

Going to Florida on Friday so will be away for the derby... I don't suppose anyone on here knows if they show lives games over there and on what channel? The villa I'm staying will hopefully have cable so there may be a chance I can watch it.

Fox Soccer Channel usually picks up the Sky matches to broadcast in America. They have not listed this match to broadcast.

You likely will not get it on your cable as it is a subscription channel.

Best bet is to go to a pub, "Sports Bars" will often open early and serve breakfast and show the match. What city will you be near?

The only chance you would have in US would be Fox Sports World. It generally shows games that are moved for tv in Englnd. However a quick check tells me it will not be on. So you could do what I have done for the last two years (hard to get digi cable at uni) and watch Setanta or Skysports through "other means". The quality is usually quite good nowadays.

Guest efullerton

Every premeireship game is televised in the US on either Fox Soccer Channel (it's only called Fox sports World in Canada) or Setanta. You won't find either on the standard cable at a hotel or in holmes, but as stated previously invariably there will be at least one "British" Pub in any major population center that will carry the games.

Guest Clapton

Try some of these bars.  They all subscribe to Setanta.

Harp And Celt

Address 25 S Magnolia Avenue

City Orlando, FL 32801

Phone 407-481-2928

Distance 0.0 miles (approx.) [map]

Bar/Venue Lizzy Mccormacks

Address 55 N Orange Ave

City Orlando, FL 32801

Phone 407-426-8007

Website www.LizzyMcCormacks.com

Distance 0.0 miles (approx.) [map]

Bar/Venue Daddy Murphys

Address 4982 New Broad Street

City Orlando, FL 32814

Distance 1.95 miles (approx.) [map]

Bar/Venue Ale House Florida Mall

Address 1667 Florida Mall Avenue

City Orlando, FL 32809

Phone 407-240-4080

Website www.alehouseinc.com

Distance 4.99 miles (approx.) [map]

Bar/Venue Lazy Moon Pizza

Address 12269 University Blvd

City Orlando, FL 32817

Phone (407) 658-2396

Website www.eatdrinkandbelazy.com

Distance 7.79 miles (approx.) [map]

Bar/Venue Best of British (FKA Soccer World 2)

Address 8324 International Drive

City Orlando, FL 32819

Phone 407-264-9189

Distance 8.21 miles (approx.) [map]

Bar/Venue Cricketers Arms, The

Address 5250 International Drive

City Orlando, FL 32819

Phone 407-354-0686

Website www.cricketersarmspub.com

Bar/Venue Fridays Front Row

Address 8126 International Drive

City Orlando, FL 32819

Phone 407-363-1414

Website www.frontroworlando.myfridays.com

I watch my matches at the Harp and Celt, it'll be a ways from your Villa though, so I'd look into places on I-Drive (Best of British/Cricketeers Arms/George and the Dragon).  Harp and Celt is a great pub if you can make it down Saturday for it.  I wish I could join ya but I'll be at Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal.

Guest shearer_united

Going to Florida on Friday so will be away for the derby... I don't suppose anyone on here knows if they show lives games over there and on what channel? The villa I'm staying will hopefully have cable so there may be a chance I can watch it.

Your best bet would be Setanta Broadband or some other site that airs matches live online. Yes its not as good as on tv but its the states and not many are keen on their so-called "soccer".

I once stayed up all night because i knew i wouldn't wake up in time, only to find out that it said newcastle united live, instead Nascar was on. I was extremely pissed!

Guest Heneage

Course man, even if they don't show it on your telly, i'd gurantee an English based Pub will.

Not that hard to guarantee though is it, really? :lol:

I meant smart arse :p

That if the American channels won't an english pub may have somehow got English channel broadcast, you know like how your local used to have Baghdad Sports 7 showing games.

Thanks for the help. I'll be in Orlando for this game.

I used to live in Orlando, when I was in corporate accomodation before I moved into a place of my own I used to go to the British Pub at the Mercado center on International Drive, who showed matches every week. If you're staying in the Beuna Vista or Kissimmee area there are a few British Pub down that way, I'm not as familiar with that end of town, but they cater for the Brits pretty well.

I doubt your Villa will have Setanta, as it's generally an added extra channel, I pay $12.99 for mine in Canada, and every game is shown in full at some point over the weekend. We also have sportsnet and the score out here that show live games. I think the US has Fox Soccer Channel or Foxs Sports World that but some games from Setanta to show live.

Guest Heneage

Course man, even if they don't show it on your telly, i'd gurantee an English based Pub will.

Not that hard to guarantee though is it, really? :lol:

Aww shit aye I've just read what I put I meant themed mate!

Guest Sniffer

Cricketer's arms had poxy little tellys last time I was in.

It's live on Setanta Alternative and repeated on Setanta later on if you don't get up in time.

Broadband has it live at 745am EST.

And to add to Sniffer who ever has Setanta Extra/Alt will have it on live....Call up Cricketer's Arms. Thats the best spot in my opinion. And let me know if you go - live right around the corner from it and may come out and give you company.