What is your worst moment watching football?

Segun Oluwaniyi

Guest firetotheworks

The Keegan situation fucked me because Id just moved away from Newcastle and it felt like Id been punished for doing so, that and no one understood my pain. Nothing in football has ever hurt more than when we officially lost the title though, all of the gut wrenching games, particularly the Blackburn Fenton match were leading up to drawing against Forest and my heart being well and truly smashed to smitherines. Outside of NUFC it was losing euro 96, but in all honesty it probably just brought back the pain of losing the title a few months earlier.

In recent memory Lisbon in the UEFA Cup pissed me off like nothing else. It was like having pro-evo rage for 2 weeks.

Guest quklaani

Gonna sound like a spoilt t*** here probably considering other successes, but whatever.

Im a Manchester United fan, drawing to West Ham in may 95 was pretty damned devestating for me.  I was so upset that after crying for several hours I graffitied all the blackburn players in my panini 94/95 stickerbook.  I think I wrote "PRAT" in red felt tip on Colin Hendry's face and then ripped it up and threw it down a drain.

28 Years old I was...

The other one would have to be back when I was actually an England fan as a kid.  The Argentina game in St. Etienne, when Sol Campbell "scored" I went absolutely mental, bouncing around all over the house.  The crushing disapointment when I realised it had been disallowed still lingers.  I won't celebrate any goal for at least a couple of seconds to be sure it's been given.  I really do mean any goal, its a fully fledged neurosis which hinders my enjoyment of football, all because of Alan Shearer's arm.

Lisbon was torture. Disbelief doesn't quite cover it.

Birmingham 5-1 wasn't that bad, it was just truly embarrassing.

I didn't much enjoy the FA Cup final defeats in 98 and 99 but we were bettered on both occasions at the end of the day. Gutted because I was so happy we'd made the finals in the first place but I always knew we'd do well to win either.

it was NE5.

:lol:

It was shocking, whoever it was.  I was at the West Ham cup final and was in the West Ham end, it was a really hot day and I didn't have the bottle to go for a drink at half time because they would have heard my accent.