That second half performance

Dave

:lol: Caught talking rubbish.

I agree though Mick, its a massive shame we didnt go on and sort out the 3rd goal but thats football. It was the opening of the second half, we didnt impose ourselves and threaten them like in the first but that was because the game became disjointed and broken up by the ref too.

The only thing that matters to me and should matter to anyone who cares about this club is the 3 f***ing points!!!!

That was the first laugh I've had all day so don't try to get out of it. :lol:

You're right about the importance of the 3 points, it's all that really matters tonight and I'd settle for a few more games like that if we get 3 points every time.

tonight was about more than the 3 points.

confidence was the main thing missing and i doubt the 3 points will get the confidence back because of the way we were hanging on at the end. (you could see the lack of confidence in a few of the players in the 2nd half)

No, you're right, a better performance and a 1-2 loss would have been much better.

but while the naiveity wont make a difference against west brom, it may cost us points in the future. i think our defence played very well (apart from enrique, who was dodgy as fuck) but against better teams we will pay the price for our managers stupidity.

Justify that statement.

I thought there was whole debate going on around this club about the quality of the players? Suddenly that debate is gone, the players are clearly a better class than the opposition and its just the manager who is at fault? Let us not forget the utter shithole of absurdity the club has been wallowing in either.

I agree though Mick, its a massive shame we didnt go on and sort out the 3rd goal but thats football. It was the opening of the second half, we didnt impose ourselves and threaten them like in the first but that was because the game became disjointed and broken up by the ref too.

The only thing that matters to me and should matter to anyone who cares about this club is the 3 f***ing points!!!!

You're right about the importance of the 3 points, it's all that really matters tonight and I'd settle for a few more games like that if we get 3 points every time.

confidence was the main thing missing and i doubt the 3 points will get the confidence back because of the way we were hanging on at the end. (you could see the lack of confidence in a few of the players in the 2nd half)

No, you're right, a better performance and a 1-2 loss would have been much better.

but while the naiveity wont make a difference against west brom, it may cost us points in the future. i think our defence played very well (apart from enrique, who was dodgy as f***) but against better teams we will pay the price for our managers stupidity.

agree about enrique. last season i had no fears when anyone tried to get at him as he just wouldn't let anyone by. tonight he was done inside,outside,by wingers and lumbering forwards whom i would have held up for longer.

Give him a minute to settle, how long has he been in the starting side?

agree about enrique. last season i had no fears when anyone tried to get at him as he just wouldn't let anyone by. tonight he was done inside,outside,by wingers and lumbering forwards whom i would have held up for longer.

He needs a run of games, I thought Beye had his best game so far tonight and I think Enrique can do better with games.

but while the naiveity wont make a difference against west brom, it may cost us points in the future. i think our defence played very well (apart from enrique, who was dodgy as f***) but against better teams we will pay the price for our managers stupidity.

Justify that statement.

I thought there was whole debate going on around this club about the quality of the players? Suddenly that debate is gone, the players are clearly a better class than the opposition and its just the manager who is at fault? Let us not forget the utter shithole of absurdity the club has been wallowing in either.

Fucking silly to have 6 players in their own half while we had a corner, that guarantees the opposition possession and brings on more attacks when we could've nailed it 3-1 right there and then.

Guest optimistic nit

but while the naiveity wont make a difference against west brom, it may cost us points in the future. i think our defence played very well (apart from enrique, who was dodgy as fuck) but against better teams we will pay the price for our managers stupidity.

Justify that statement.

ok maybe i've been a bit harsh. but we needed this win so badly, and to take jonas and oba off was a very bad decision imo. i can maybe understand jonas, because of his injury (although he doesn't seem too unfit to me) but oba's pace in the last 20 minutes could have killed them off. we must have had about 5 breaks, but with ameobi and xisco up front there was hardly any movement or pace. oba has his flaws, but he has good movement or pace, and we could have killed the game off in the last 20 imo if we still had oba on the field as their defence fell to pieces.

just basics. you dont need to settle to stop a lumbering centre forward turn you inside out. last season he didn't need to settle for me to want him in every game as he didn't let anyone get by him easy.

Justify that statement.

f***ing silly to have 6 players in their own half while we had a corner, that guarantees the opposition possession and brings on more attacks when we could've nailed it 3-1 right there and then.

even the top 4 2-1 up in the last five would pull  most the team back  for a corner

just basics. you dont need to settle to stop a lumbering centre forward turn you inside out. last season he didn't need to settle for me to want him in every game as he didn't let anyone get by him easy.

Beye's been skinned more times this season than e was all of last, getting back to fitness is mental sharpness, anticipating your opponent's next move, without games you don't have that.

So you know he has the ability.

Guest optimistic nit

He needs a run of games, I thought Beye had his best game so far tonight and I think Enrique can do better with games.

Beye was really good imo. maybe enrique does just need a run of games. i think there is talent there (he is an U21 spain international and has played for villereal after all) and he's looked decent in quite a few games for us, but he has a bit of steven taylor about him. we need to bring a manager in who can take players like oba and enrique and make them good players, because atm they are just promising players. however this season my faith in enrique has diminished by the game

he made it far to easy for their rm on occasions.

Beye's been skinned more times this season than e was all of last, getting back to fitness is mental sharpness, anticipating your opponent's next move, without games you don't have that.

not last season. he came straight in and done it. he looked as off the pace as martins.

i raved all last season about him.

Justify that statement.

Fucking silly to have 6 players in their own half while we had a corner, that guarantees the opposition possession and brings on more attacks when we could've nailed it 3-1 right there and then.

I 'think' that means we had 6 players in their half whilst attacking a corner? How that guarantees anyone possession i have no idea.

not last season. he came straight in and done it. he looked as off the pace as martins.

I don't recall him settling in all that well until the Keegan run came about but it may just be confidence in the end, being told by your boss you're not good enough (Keeegan trying to buy a LB) musn't be great on your esteem.

I never disagreed.

I don't recall him settling in all that well until the Keegan run came about but it may just be confidence in the end, being told by your boss you're not good enough (Keeegan trying to buy a LB) musn't be great on your esteem.

he was sound as soon as he played even under allardyce

Justify that statement.

f***ing silly to have 6 players in their own half while we had a corner, that guarantees the opposition possession and brings on more attacks when we could've nailed it 3-1 right there and then.

I 'think' that means we had 6 players in their half whilst attacking a corner? How that guarantees anyone possession i have no idea.

sorriy i meant we had 6 men defending in our own half while we had an attacking corner, and it makes it too easy for their defence to get it and start an attack, inviting more pressure onto us.

I never disagreed.

so i know he has the ability but tonight  was probably the worst i've seen from him........by quite a long way

Justify that statement.

ok maybe i've been a bit harsh. but we needed this win so badly, and to take jonas and oba off was a very bad decision imo. i can maybe understand jonas, because of his injury (although he doesn't seem too unfit to me) but oba's pace in the last 20 minutes could have killed them off. we must have had about 5 breaks, but with ameobi and xisco up front there was hardly any movement or pace. oba has his flaws, but he has good movement or pace, and we could have killed the game off in the last 20 imo if we still had oba on the field as their defence fell to pieces.

Oba off was the right decision, its not just his running on the ball that you need to look at, its the ineffectual stop-start 'ooh-i-dont-know-what-to-do-oh-fuck-it-i'll-do-nowt-instead' runs that you want to worry about. Joe made the right decision as Shola still had energy at that point and was more in the game.

Justify that statement.

Oba off was the right decision, its not just his running on the ball that you need to look at, its the ineffectual stop-start 'ooh-i-dont-know-what-to-do-oh-f***-it-i'll-do-nowt-instead' runs that you want to worry about. Joe made the right decision as Shola still had energy at that point and was more in the game.

and jonas looked fucked before half time

Justify that statement.

sorriy i meant we had 6 men defending in our own half while we had an attacking corner, and it makes it too easy for their defence to get it and start an attack, inviting more pressure onto us.

Then i understand but then i also would have gone mental if we hadnt had enough back and that "defence" had let in an equaliser. That's a hard call when the side is desperate for the points.

Justify that statement.

Oba off was the right decision, its not just his running on the ball that you need to look at, its the ineffectual stop-start 'ooh-i-dont-know-what-to-do-oh-f***-it-i'll-do-nowt-instead' runs that you want to worry about. Joe made the right decision as Shola still had energy at that point and was more in the game.

and jonas looked fucked before half time

He even looked fucked when he came on against the scum.

Still, what a player man, he will keep us up this season.

Justify that statement.

Then i understand but then i also would have gone mental if we hadnt had enough back and that "defence" had let in an equaliser. That's a hard call when the side is desperate for the points.

I'm not debating i would have had extra men back cause i would, probably have 4 back, but 6 i find unbelievable, one could have at least ran up taken it short and stayed in the corner but it was just a blind cross in.

Guest optimistic nit

Justify that statement.

Oba off was the right decision, its not just his running on the ball that you need to look at, its the ineffectual stop-start 'ooh-i-dont-know-what-to-do-oh-fuck-it-i'll-do-nowt-instead' runs that you want to worry about. Joe made the right decision as Shola still had energy at that point and was more in the game.

but a front line of xisco and ameobi could hardly be less effective. shola did alright tonight, i must say, but in a game such as this that we NEEDED to win we should have kept oba on imo and jonas as well. they may have been struggling, but jonas was still the most effective player in the second half and oba's pace would have killed them in the last 20.