Old Toon memorabilia

Guest Heneage

Excuse the bump.

Anyone know what sort of value to put on something like this? Is it car boot sale or eBay material?

http://i.imgur.com/Ukyz0Tc.jpg

As they arn't current players I wouldn't expect massive amounts of money for it but you could get decent amounts. In all honesty it depends on how much people want to pay and how much you would part with it for. You will get a buyer on eBay for it and I would stick a £100 reserve on it, but your risking selling it to someone who will complain about the minor details of it and ask for a refund etc.

Their is a memorabilia store in Royal quays who maybe interested in it, or try similar places.

As they arn't current players

Wait, what???!

tumblr_static_4toooen7arac8sw0c0cgo4s4g_640_v2.gif

I just want to get rid of it - was thinking of giving it to SBR Foundation or the Shearer Foundation if they wanted to raffle it, for example...just didn't want to be giving them something that was of negligible value.

"In all honesty it depends on how much people want to pay and how much you would want to part with it for"

Cheers for explaining the concept of trade, stifler

The point I was trying to make was that if it was current player, especially a world star then you could just name your price and someone will pay for it. As it's not then the bids will be much lower and it comes down to the bids being good enough for the seller.

Wait, what???!

I just want to get rid of it - was thinking of giving it to SBR Foundation or the Shearer Foundation if they wanted to raffle it, for example...just didn't want to be giving them something that was of negligible value.

Fair enough. It's not going to be a huge value to them and they would likely easily be able to get those signatures themselves, however it's worth a try at offering it to them. If they don't want it then I'm sure the CHF or the cat and dog shelerxwouldxtake it for their fund raising activities.

At the end of the day unless it's really special, very rare and the subject matter is important nationally and internationally and of course they've gone on their long term holidays then it maybe of interest. The footy progs tend to be of use to collectors as they usually end up getting thrown out, but overall footballers come and go and what maybe important to one generation isn't necessarily  with the latest one. How many of us on here remember the fairs cup winners or even saw the match with Alan Weeks commentating in Black & White, bet not many, or  Wyn Davies, Tony Green or Ben Arentoft.

Wait, what???!

Fair enough. It's not going to be a huge value to them and they would likely easily be able to get those signatures themselves, however it's worth a try at offering it to them. If they don't want it then I'm sure the CHF or the cat and dog shelerxwouldxtake it for their fund raising activities.

Go Chumlee.

Programmes in general are worthless unless they're from the early 50s and before. However, postponed matches seem to be quite rare, especially matches that didn't start in the first place but a programme was printed.

I've got a signed Shearer testimonial shirt, 1951 FAC final ticket stub and the 1952 final programme. That's about it! Other than keep sake stuff like testimonial programmes, European away programmes that are probably worthless.

Wait, what???!

Go Chumlee.

Nice reference.