Hold Your Hands Up - Roeder Related Again

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Magnetic North

At the time of his appointment, there were better options than Roeder, but that doesn't mean that getting rid of him is the right step now. We have to face the issue that the main problem is the Chairman, and that no-one can succeed under his style of running the club. If we get rid of Roeder, some other poor sap will get put in his place, with the same results.

I don't think Roeder is the greatest, but he's not a total incompetent either. The idea that with different tactics or team selections we'd be doing much better is far-fetched.

The worry is that with all this pressure from the fans, Roeder's morale is going to suffer and it'll be difficult for him to motivate the team. Criticism can be a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Let's give the guy a break and focus criticism on the Boardroom, where lies the chief responsibility for our decline over the last three years.

Fair comment IMHO.

...but FFS did deliver Owen, and it's been bad luck and injuries sans frontières for the pocket maestro ever since.

So what.

Signing Hollywood players is a poor strategy. We needed a team, not a financially crippling crock.

I know where you're coming from to an extent, but what's the heinous crime in buying one of England's greatest ever goal scorers in his mid-twenties?!

...is it really fair to watch someone having shed loads of bad luck and then curse them and those who invested in him?

Talk about being wise after the event!

Guest NUFC_FAN

Roeder was a gud manager last season god knos wat has happened, but da toon need a expienced manager, it wud be unfair 2 sack him cuz e a goerdie legend nd a nice guy so they shud offa him his new job bck.

You sound like George Bush putting it like that.

I was uninspired.  There are lots of better managers I'd love to have seen come to Newcastle, but based on the attractiveness of our proposition, I accepted that Roeder was about as good as Shepherd could do for us.

Roeder was a gud manager last season god knos wat has happened, but da toon need a expienced manager, it wud be unfair 2 sack him cuz e a goerdie legend nd a nice guy so they shud offa him his new job bck.

Love it! You sound like a Sicilian gangster. bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

I was vehemently against the appointment of Glenn Roeder, and thought Freddy Shpeherd makes the club a huge fool again

I lent him my support once Shepherd made his decision since I could do nothing to change it, and since I still like him as a coach.

my confidence in Roeder is being eroded game by game

hilarious tbh.