Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

It's not Owen who names himself as captain though. When in his career has he ever been "inspirational" or whatever? My problem with Owen is f*ck all to do with lack of that, but lack of goals & performances.

It is Owen who needs to be paid twice as much to stay at Newcastle than he would anywhere else though. And before anyone says he won't play in the Championship, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have accepted half hte money even if we stayed up.

And why the hell would he? He'll accept a contract from a better team on less wages than what we offered him I bet.

Why is there still a debate about this waste of space.  Got to be near the top, if not top of our list of costly failures.  The sooner he is gone the better and we can forget him.  Cant believe he was never stripped of captaincy, seeing as he was incapable of inspiring himself never mind others.

When he was playing well, in a team that was playing well, eg. us last 10 games or so last season, you can get away with having him as captain, and basically acting as the face of Newcastle United as a figurehead.

When you're not playing well, and he's struggling, he's the last man you want.

It's not Owen who names himself as captain though. When in his career has he ever been "inspirational" or whatever? My problem with Owen is f*ck all to do with lack of that, but lack of goals & performances.

It is Owen who needs to be paid twice as much to stay at Newcastle than he would anywhere else though. And before anyone says he won't play in the Championship, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have accepted half hte money even if we stayed up.

And why the hell would he? He'll accept a contract from a better team on less wages than what we offered him I bet.

Isn't that what I said? He's willing to accept less money from other teams, but we have to bribe him with a much bigger pay packet?

Isn't that what I said? He's willing to accept less money from other teams, but we have to bribe him with a much bigger pay packet?

Of course. Why would anyone do that though? 90% of our squad if given the choice to leave in the last season to join someone like Everton, Villa or City for £40k a week, or stay here on £60-70k, would take the first option now I'd say.

Guest toonlass

Not that I think he ever would, but he could give each employee that has been made redundant a grand each as a goodwill gesture and it would just be a week's wages. He probably wouldn't even miss it.

Not that I think he ever would, but he could give each employee that has been made redundant a grand each as a goodwill gesture and it would just be a week's wages. He probably wouldn't even miss it.

why just him ?

Why should he?

Guest toonlass

How did I know that you would say that? Eh Tooj? The reason he should is because he is a greedy, mercenary git who has milked the club for a fortune and gave very little back. The reason he won't is the same as the reason he should.

How did I know that you would say that? Eh Tooj? The reason he should is because he is a greedy, mercenary git who has milked the club for a fortune and gave very little back. The reason he won't is the same as the reason he should.

as i've already said...why just him ? surely martins viduka etc come in for this aswell.

Guest toonlass

Why not eh? I would be quite happy to see them do that. But their consciousesness stretch no further than their next pay cheques, in the majority of cases.

Why not eh? I would be quite happy to see them do that. But their consciousesness stretch no further than their next pay cheques, in the majority of cases.

i'd agree. why is owen copping it all though ?

more scapegoatism ?

Guest toonlass

No real reason. Just a picking-on-Owen day today. Not that I have ever been a real fan of his. His arrogance and greed and lack of passion when playing in a black and white shirt have brought me to despise the man.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

You could give them all head start and donate a week of your wages to them. Or something else.

There's no reason why anyone should be obliged to give them anything that's the way our society works

Guest toonlass

I have donated to their wages so far by buying merchandise and tickets. And I am sure a weeks worth of my wages will not be much between 120 people eh?

You could give them all head start and donate a week of your wages to them. Or something else.

There's no reason why anyone should be obliged to give them anything that's the way our society works

I spotted it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Phil K

I don't think Owen contributed a wet fart to our team for most of the season.

He used the "in a better team would do well" excuse like all footballers use this kind of get-out

He's been more interested in where he'll be next season instead of actually EARNING his money this.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If you want to be communist move to China and get one of those funny hats

china----communist ?

where you been ?

I don't know? Who's in town?

No real reason. Just a picking-on-Owen day today. Not that I have ever been a real fan of his. His arrogance and greed and lack of passion when playing in a black and white shirt have brought me to despise the man.

:thup:

:thup:

I sometimes wonder Ronaldo whether you'd stab Ian Huntley or Owen if you had the chance.

Guest Stephen927

Owen owes this football club nothing. None of the players do. Would be a good gesture from them but if they don't do anything then I wouldn't hold it against any of them. They're paid high wages, that doesn't mean they should share it, most wouldn't in their position.