The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest quklaani

Having watched them today all I can think of is the 2000 side and how far they've fallen.  We were the reigning champions of europe and they just destroyed us.  Funny thing is you look at the players they had then and they weren't exactly a team of superstars.

Casillas, Salgado, Karanka, Campo, Carlos, Scouse b******, Redondo, Helguera, Savio, Raul, Morientes.

Where are all the great foreign teams now hey?  It's becoming a bit depressing seeing all these big name clubs get beaten by a Liverpool side which can't get anywhere near the title.  I'm dreading Liverpool drawing this amazing Barca side and then somehow beating them home and away.  Inter are the best Italy has to offer and to be frank they were woeful.*  The European Cup is getting a bit boring, unless we win it of course and then it's fecking marvellous.

*It should be noted that I'm certain we'll go behind early, and then have about 46 shots on target and still only score the once.  It's just that b****** with the coat, we're incapable of beating him.  Man Utd are going out tonight on away goals, I'm getting so sure I think I might actually bet on it.

Brilliant player by the way...

Can't link to youtube on here can I...um, well, I could suggest people search for "Redondo manchester" on say, a popular video website.

Is it just me or is Redondo one of them players that people like to point out as being brilliant in an act to look knowledgeable as if he was under-rated or something, when in fact anyone could see he was a world class DM for years.  :razz:

Guest kingdawson

I can see Serie A overtaking La Liga pretty quickly. Valencia are gone for a few years with their financial problems and Villareal are punching above their weight so that just leaves Barca while Real remain a joke in europe (and after seeing Barca's only challenger in Spain it's debatable how good they are themselves) . Real just have it far too comfortable in La Liga, how can a team with a defence of Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro (5 years past his best) - Heinze and other mediocre players like Gago, Higuain, Marcelo playing every week even be in the top two, never mind back to back champions. Two teams who can't get near the league titles in England and Italy have shown them up for what they really are.

Well Villareal are certainly not punching above their weight. They're a good team that play nice flowing football. Athletico on paper, probably have a first X1 just as good as Gooner c***s, and Sevilla are pretty decent themselves. Agree that the premiership is a better league but Seria A is no where near it.

Is that meant to be an insult? Because Atletico have a f***ing quality side!

Seeing as i've continuously said on here that Athletico are my team in Spain, and wrongly predicting they'd win La Liga last season, it wasn't an insult. There first X1 is suberb (on paper at least), and they'd be challenging it it wasn't for their piece of s*** defence.

So it was a complement?  :cheesy:

Yes, which is why i refered to your team as 'Gooner c***s', to sort of even it out :thup:.

I despise your club, but only a fool will deny you have some quality players.

Guest float one in

Is it just me or is Redondo one of them players that people like to point out as being brilliant in an act to look knowledgeable as if he was under-rated or something, when in fact anyone could see he was a world class DM for years.  :razz:

Not sure about that. For me its a player I'd forgotten about - like most British people I probably only watched him on telly a handful of times when Real Madrid were in a live Champs League match on telly, or snippets on the highlights; he must have impressed on those occasions because for some reason I remember being a great player. Pity he didnt play for an italian club instead of Madrid really, then we could have seen more of him on Football Italia.

Guest Nufc4Life

Inter are fucking shite, 2nd time they've faced English sides in the past few years, and they've looked awful in every tie against them, shame