Pompey want Barton

Guest toonlass

So our best striker is on the way, our best keeper is on his way, and rumours are that our best midfielder is also about to leave. Anyone want Bassong or Collocini. Might as well get rid of anyone with any kind of quality.

I look forward to the Harper, Taylor, Butt, Ferguson, Ameobi show next season. What league? Probably the Championship, but what the f*** eh!

Bartons our best midfielder?How do you make that out?Hes better than Jonas is he?

Yes I think so. However I was thinking more about the spine of our team, rather than those on the flanks.

So our best striker is on the way, our best keeper is on his way, and rumours are that our best midfielder is also about to leave. Anyone want Bassong or Collocini. Might as well get rid of anyone with any kind of quality.

I look forward to the Harper, Taylor, Butt, Ferguson, Ameobi show next season. What league? Probably the Championship, but what the f*** eh!

Bartons our best midfielder?How do you make that out?Hes better than Jonas is he?

Yes I think so. However I was thinking more about the spine of our team, rather than those on the flanks.

I honestly think if we keep barton, give it a season (if he stays fit) and he will be back in england contention. People forget what a talented player he can be. At Man City a few years back he was playing a kind of steven gerrard role, and was scoring some cracking goals.

Guest Stephen927

We'd probably have to pay a bit extra in any kind of swap deal between Barton and Kranjcar, something I can't see happening with Barry Ferguson being Kinnear's main midfield target it seems.

What would be the point in selling Barton now? We've wasted our money paying him while he's been locked up/injured, now that he's approaching fitness again, we sell?

Barton's a tosser but we have few options in midfield, he is definitely one of the better ones.