Newcastle United Finances - 2008 Accounts Recently Filed

quayside

Guest fading star

fading star :thdn:

Pretty much everything Mick has said (with regards to the finances, I have no time for petty swipes at LLLO O0) in this thread is spot on.

But it’s OK for LLLO to make petty swipes?

Guest fading star

:thefinger: :p

I was wrong.  :lol:

Why change the habit of lifetime

From having all the answers to having nothing but shitty one liners in ten minutes. :lol:

When in Rome.

Talk s**** about finance? ???

No, throw petty one liners around rather than attempt to engage in debate.

From having all the answers to having nothing but shitty one liners in ten minutes. :lol:

When in Rome.

Theres no debate here fading star, none whatsoever.

When in Rome.

Time and time again it's been explained that Ashley HAS acted in the best interests of the club with regards to the finance, he inherited a mess (whether known or unknown) and is doing a good job of putting the foot back on sounder footing.

You can argue all you want about whether or not he should be putting more of his own money (already a quarter of his total wealth, most of which is tied up in shares and property) in order to secure the club's immediate future; however, at some point the club will change ownership (one of the few guarantees of this situation) and at that point we don't want to be reliant upon Ashley's money in order to operate, let alone make improvements to the squad and the stadium.

Guest fading star

He explained everything in one post and got a smiley in reply.  :lol:

yeah, that's the idea.

Guest toonlass

Look fading star, you have taken a beating off someone who knows what they are talking about. You might as well just say "aye I was wrong" and let it go, rather than continue to make a tit of yourself.

Guest fading star

He explained everything in one post and got a smiley in reply.  :lol:

yeah, that's the idea.

Still, despite all that, at least you've had an education tonight.

I’ve certainty acquired an insight into the falling standards in accountancy. 

Guest fading star

Look fading star, you have taken a beating off someone who knows what they are talking about. You might as well just say "aye I was wrong" and let it go, rather than continue to make a tit of yourself.

I couldn’t give a shit if LLLO was the head of the IMF. This isn’t a question of debit and credit columns, it’s a question of strategy.

Guest toonlass

I couldn’t give a shit if LLLO was the head of the IMF. This isn’t a question of debit and credit columns, it’s a question of strategy.

We could have Messi, Kaka and Robinho in the squad, but we would still win fuck all if we had gone bankrupt! Better to stabilise the club and drag it back from the brink of another Leeds, than to continue to plunge transfer fees into a black hole.

Unbeleivable. So you're saying he should of left the 3rd party debt alone, and then invested £100m into the first team?

Guest fading star

I’ve certainty acquired an insight into the falling standards in accountancy. 

If you have then you've done a brilliant job hiding it.

Thank you. I didn’t have to try very hard.

I couldnt give a shit if LLLO was the head of the IMF. This isnt a question of debit and credit columns, its a question of strategy.

Really? Here's the question you asked....

He could have invested £100m in his business, instead of lending it the money with an option to charge interest. If hes as committed to club as he says why go for the loan option?

Looks like debits, credits & financial strategy combined to me.