U23s & Academy

Skirge

Is PM running the line at the U18 game today?

An eagle-eyed linesman
flagged after a corner had been cleared and told the referee that the 'keeper, Lewis King, had taken a swipe at someone.

King was booked and then almost saved James Tavernier's spot-kick but the ball found the back of the net to get United back on terms.

I wish!  Mind I did line on the same fixture last season...

Aye & I am sure you got greef off Nile. Also PM do you use the legendary gold 58 bus?

You stalking me or summat? :lol:

No I watch the odd U18 game & I have to get home :lol:

Guest Heneage

The serious sound of our reserve top goalscorer the one & only I-Kass

He's a good rapper, I've got some of his stuff on my PC, I didn't believe him at first when he said he did music on the side, and he sent me 2-3 tracks, really impressed. I don't think he'll make it though sadly.

Our Academy seems a bit of a joke in all honesty, I'd love to see the club as a whole be more professional, this region as a whole has produced some good young talent over the years from Carrick and Taylor, Downing and Cattermole, and even further back Gascoigne, Shearer and Waddle.

The sooner our club realises the importance of a good youth policy the better. It's not just a good way to get young players into the first team, but it's a good way of generating revenue by selling those deemed not good enough. I'd quite like to see a breakdown of how much money Man United and Arsenal have brought in from selling on academy graduates.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm not sure what it is with the club, perhaps its a fear of trying youngsters in the 1st team, but if they never get a chance we'll never know. 15 years ago we tried Watson, Clark and Elliott out and it turned out well for the club, they got between 5-10 years out of the players and a few quid when they moved on. Steven Taylor and Ameobi are the only two in the last 10 years to have really been given a chance, and even then that was due to injuries.

Of the current youth crop, Inman, Vuckic, Ferguson deserve to be on the bench more.

Is Donaldson any good? I don't see what the fuss is about.

Better than Marwood.

At Blyth now

Aye, along with Doninger, although apparently Doninger's playing for Derby Reserves this week.

Is Donaldson any good? I don't see what the fuss is about.

Better than Marwood.

At Blyth now

Aye, along with Doninger, although apparently Doninger's playing for Derby Reserves this week.

Where did you get this BRAND new information from? Darlo knocked back Donninger at the start of the season which seems bonkers when you look at where they are, as they could do with at least giving a midfielder who has scored goals junior & reserve level a chance.

Did he not have a good run of form for the reserves last year? Marwood I mean, I can't say I ever watched him for us.

Aye he did, I was only taking the piss :lol:

Where did you get this BRAND new information from? Darlo knocked back Donninger at the start of the season which seems bonkers when you look at where they are, as they could do with at least giving a midfielder who has scored goals junior & reserve level a chance.

It's on the Blyth website.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd say Ramage was given "a chance" and Carroll has played a fair few games now too.

Aye totally forgot about Ramage, Carroll and Ranger have only just started to get a chance this season due to injuries and circumstance, which I guess is more then they could ask for. Saying that, Carroll looked half decent last season.

Wish Troisi was given a proper chance. Seems to be doing ok in turkey

It's a travesty that he never even dirtied his boots for the first team when Pattison got a handful of starts and sub appearances.

It's a travesty that he never even dirtied his boots for the first team when Pattison got a handful of starts and sub appearances.

Bit OTT he was never that good at reserve level & after leaving he ended up in the backwaters of Turkey. He has managed to get a move to reasonable outfit out there cos he scored 3 goals against them.

Bit OTT he was never that good at reserve level & after leaving he ended up in the backwaters of Turkey. He has managed to get a move to reasonable outfit out there cos he scored 3 goals against them.

It IS a travesty that the managers all thought Pattison > Troisi.

Not really as Matty was one of the best players all the way through the ranks with his group. It was only after his knocks & his dad dying where he lost his edge & went off the rails. Troisi never stood out when I saw him he maybe he stood out for some with his long hair, alice band & he was Australian but he was never that good.

Really its not if we have missed out on a good player ffs :lol:

SPENCE MAN ITS A TRAVESTY! DID YOU NOT HEAR HIM A BLOODY TRAVESTY.

shut up fat man

Not really as Matty was one of the best players all the way through the ranks with his group. It was only after his knocks & his dad dying where he lost his edge & went off the rails. Troisi never stood out when I saw him he maybe he stood out for some with his long hair, alice band & he was Australian but he was never that good.

Really its not if we have missed out on a good player ffs :lol:

Ah, I never said it was tbf, but Pattison was bloody crap for us, really really poor. Troisi can't be much worse, especially when you consider what has happened to their careers since - Troisi is playing well in the Turkish first division and Pattison couldn't get a game at Norwich and has fucked off to South Africa for some tinpot side.