U23s & Academy

Skirge

He was pretty much a unknown form Swedish Second Division club Jonkopings Sodra IF.

He played for Sweden U16 and U17 and was definitely highly rated, can't remember who said it though.

Find it & let me. My guess it would be selling club :pow:

Porto were interested in him as well, not the best team around but its a nice compliment.

He was pretty much a unknown form Swedish Second Division club Jonkopings Sodra IF.

He played for Sweden U16 and U17 and was definitely highly rated, can't remember who said it though.

Porto were interested in him as well, not the best team around but its a nice compliment.

Paper/agent talk/hype. Did you just google that & end up at NUFCBLOG like me?

Nah, Sky Sports.  You're saying its paper talk but if the tables were turned you'd be using it as evidence.  :lol:  Whenever I've seen him play he's been rubbish but he was definitely rated fairly highly, why else would we have bothered to travel to Sweden etc. etc. just to sign him?

Nah, Sky Sports.  You're saying its paper talk but if the tables were turned you'd be using it as evidence.  :lol:  Whenever I've seen him play he's been rubbish but he was definitely rated fairly highly, why else would we have bothered to travel to Sweden etc. etc. just to sign him?

Because he looked good when we watched him but I am not having this he was highley rated bollocks.  Someone like Jack Wilshire is what I would call highly rated not a junior player for a 2nd Div Swedish club who as far as I can recall has not lit up any international junior tournement like Cesc or Vela did.

No, he wasn't highly rated in Sweden, completely unheard of. He played at a very high level for his age, but I think they signed him less than a year before he moved to Newcastle.

He turned good pretty late and very quick, but as far as I'm concerned he hasn't been the most impressive so far? Talking of Swedes, how's Ole Söderberg rated?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Adjei is frustrating as hell. He's fast and SOMETIMES shows that he has abililty. More often then not though, he under utilizes his pace, slowing up to try and take it past people, rather then blazing past them. He's totally right footed too, and a bit weak to be pushed off the ball. He's a bit lazy too, rarely track backs, or chases down defenders.

---

Match report is up above

Because he looked good when we watched him but I am not having this he was highley rated bollocks.  Someone like Jack Wilshire is what I would call highly rated not a junior player for a 2nd Div Swedish club who as far as I can recall has not lit up any international junior tournement like Cesc or Vela did.

Spear was from Plymouth,  not highly rated either then?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Spear looked great today. I had read the comparisons between him and Rooney on the internet, and didn't really buy into much, but you could sort of see it today. He wants the ball, will look for it, will shoot and will play other people in. Very dynamic display today.

WTF?!?! Spear WAS a very highly rated schoolboy international.

He was from a lower league and had never lit up any international tournament that you need to, to be highly rated.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, to be honest, he had his pick of clubs to choose from! Still surprised he chose us - Dennis Wise might have actually done something right...

He was from a lower league and had never lit up any international tournament that you need to, to be highly rated.

He's talking bollocks, when he is saying didn't light up an international tournament, he means one he was told about or involved England. Players can be highly rated without having reinvented the wheel for their country. FFS Zlatan started at Malmo and was still highly rated.

Spear was rated amongst the best for age group, I dont think Sammy was.

He's talking bollocks, when he is saying didn't light up an international tournament, he means one he was told about or involved England. Players can be highly rated without having reinvented the wheel for their country. FFS Zlatan started at Malmo and was still highly rated.

Look you knacker I am telling you Sammy Adjei was a unknown, AlanSkärare who is from Sweden is also telling you he was unheard of. Not every youngsters a club signs is highley rated.

Anybody know how much the smogs charge to their reserve games? Thinking of going to the riverside when we play down there on tuesday. I wonder if we'll have enough fans to warrant a seperate section, as we have at the SOS, or will we have to sit among the mutants?