Kinnear back for Spurs game?

Dave

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/03/12/doubt-cast-on-joe-s-return-72703-23128041/

Doubt cast on Joe's return

Mar 12 2009 by Neil Farrington, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE fans have been warned not to bank on Joe Kinnear being back in charge for the relegation six-pointer at Stoke next month.

Earlier this week United managing director Derek Llambias reiterated his hope that manager Kinnear would return from heart bypass surgery for the trip to the Potteries on April 11.

But Magpies caretaker boss Chris Hughton does not expect Kinnear to return and take charge of the club’s survival battle quite so soon.

And Hughton has said that the date of Kinnear’s comeback will be dictated by his doctors.

Kinnear underwent surgery on February 13 amid talk of an eight-week recuperation period, suggesting he would return to St James’s Park on April 10.

But, when asked by the Chronicle whether he expected Kinnear to be back for Stoke game, Hughton said: “No, I don’t.

“I haven’t spoken to him about when he’s coming back because I know that is a decision he can make solely on medical advice.

“What I do know is that as soon as the opportunity arises, he will come back.

“Most of the conversations I have with Joe are regarding the most important thing ie how is he?

“Then, of course, we talk about the game, how training has gone and all of that.

“He’s still the manager. He may not be here right now, but he’s still the manager

Farrington clearly believes the fans are dying for him to come back and that he'll make a big difference. :lol:

I see Farrington's been promoted from the Sunday Sun. Clearly with the loss of Anal Oliver they have decided that the local rag is now short of clueless rumours and crazy transfer info and Farrington is the man to provide it  O0

Our saviour returns.

To be honest I don't think Hughton (and Calderwood) are much worse than him, indeed the Man Utd game was the best I've seen us play in a while. If we could keep that level of performance up when we play the clubs we should be beating you'd expect us to be OK, especially with players returning from injury.

Do you not think that the reason we played so well against Manure was because the players didn't need any outside motivation to play well against such a big team?  IMO that's the difference between Kinnear and Hughton, Kinnear can motivate a team to a degree, Hughton can't.