None of them will pay the price for what they've done.

oldtype

Players i want to see stay regardless of league

Harper

Bassong

Taylor

Enrique

Beye

Barton

Jonas

Lovenkrands

Martins

Rest can f*** off.  Those are good players to rebuild around in all honesty.

Jonas, Martins, Beye, Barton, Lovenkrands and Bassong will all leave as soon as a bit of interest is there. I wouldn't set your heart on convincing yourself otherwise, it'll only hurt more next season.

You'll be thinking maybe if we can get players like Giles Barnes and Chris Eagles but you instead be going for players like Gary Teale and some unheard of foreign football mercenary.

Is that you Derek Llambias?

Guest Heneage

Oldtype you are a nice lad, but will you just f*** off with this clichéd bull. Ignoring where these players go, they will always be remembered as the stars of Newcastle who went down. Like the stars of Leeds United that got relegated.

I know I've been hamming up on the drama a bit lately because I'm quite honestly distraught, but it's the truth.

Do you think the stigma of being part of a relegated team will be enough to motivate these players? The "relegated stars" of Leeds United were mostly snapped up by Premiership clubs. While in hindsight most of them have turned out to be poor buys, nobody seemed to mind giving them big-money contracts at the time.

Mate no disrespect. But you are miles away from Newcastle. You can quite easily switch off from the club and go to other things. I live around Newcastle and work in Newcastle. TV, Papers, the lot I see Newcastle day to day.

Oldtype you are a nice lad, but will you just f*** off with this clichéd bull. Ignoring where these players go, they will always be remembered as the stars of Newcastle who went down. Like the stars of Leeds United that got relegated.

I know I've been hamming up on the drama a bit lately because I'm quite honestly distraught, but it's the truth.

Do you think the stigma of being part of a relegated team will be enough to motivate these players? The "relegated stars" of Leeds United were mostly snapped up by Premiership clubs. While in hindsight most of them have turned out to be poor buys, nobody seemed to mind giving them big-money contracts at the time.

Mate no disrespect. But you are miles away from Newcastle. You can quite easily switch off from the club and go to other things. I live around Newcastle and work in Newcastle. TV, Papers, the lot I see Newcastle day to day.

Can we give up the outsider bashing already?

Yeah, logically, I should be able to "turn off" Newcastle when it's not convenient to me.

In the same vein, by all logic, I shouldn't care one bit in the first place about a club that I was born nearly 6000 miles from and only get to see twice a year at most.

Logic left my relationship with NUFC a long time ago and as much as it would be convenient for me to do so, I have no ability to control my emotions. So I'd appreciate it if you didn't take it upon yourself to tell me what I should or should not be feeling.

Guest Heneage

Its not that, I don't argue his passion being any less than mine, but his exposure is going to be less than mine.

Its not that, I don't argue his passion being any less than mine, but his exposure is going to be less than mine.

You see, you've got a superiority complex going. We are all equals on this forum. Don't like it, go to skunkers.

I would hope and I like to think that these players have at least a modicum of self respect that means they will fight tooth and nail to keep us up.

If I were in their position and we went down, I wouldnt be able to look myself in the mirror withouth knowing that I gave it everything I had to try and keep us up.  No matter how much money I was on.

Oh and btw, that is a great speech there from Any Given Sunday.  Superb infact.

Guest saintscoobz

I have a theory that Ashley wants us to go down.  He is a spurs fan and for the last 15 years we have been a much better club than spurs, so he buys us gets us relegated and then sells us at a loss.  His best mate Kemsley (also a spud) said that he would go halfs on any loss that Ashley makes.  We get relegated and are no longer a threat to spurs.

I know its a bit of a strange theory but not completele beyond the realms of possibility.

I have a theory that Ashley wants us to go down.  He is a spurs fan and for the last 15 years we have been a much better club than spurs, so he buys us gets us relegated and then sells us at a loss.  His best mate Kemsley (also a spud) said that he would go halfs on any loss that Ashley makes.  We get relegated and are no longer a threat to spurs.

I know its a bit of a strange theory but not completele beyond the realms of possibility.

:lol: Lay off the scooby snacks man.