We have no strengths!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest optimistic nit

its amazing,....

sell best players, buy cheaper ones, appoint a unqualified man to manage an experienced one. Let experienced man leave,..appoint an old man with a poor sickness record. When he is ill, allow inexperienced people to run things,get relegated.

sell best players? like who, besides given which was forced. we've sold average players and replaced them with better ones, where they've fucked up is in their backing of kinnear.

its amazing,....

sell best players, buy cheaper ones, appoint a unqualified man to manage an experienced one. Let experienced man leave,..appoint an old man with a poor sickness record. When he is ill, allow inexperienced people to run things,get relegated.

sell best players? like who, besides given which was forced. we've sold average players and replaced them with better ones, where they've fucked up is in their backing of kinnear.

There's no way Ryan Taylor is a better player than N'Zogbia in a month of Sundays.

its amazing,....

you just answered your own question,..lol

I totally forgot Beye, probably because he's been injured. I thought he was one of the best right backs along with Sagna last season and he'd walk into both our side and the Villa side.

johnnypd- yeah, obviously you've got more quality than to be in the bottom 3 but I don't think that's what people generally mean when they say Newcastle are under performing. A lot of people seem to be suggesting you should be getting into europe but to be fair that's probably more outsiders than your fans.

I don't think many neutrals expect you to go down at all, the mood seems a lot gloomier about your prospects amongst yourselves. I understand why though after suffering through Walter fucking Smith's depressing teams while everyone else told us he was doing a good job.

Guest optimistic nit

When will people face the fact that most of our players are downright s***.

I was going to bring this up.

I see a lot of posts on here and talk in the media about how your squad is good on paper & how you've got enough quality to be up there with us and Villa. I'm sorry, but I just don't see that in the slightest. I see a lot of has beens and players who are simply very average.

I struggle to think of more than a few players that would get a look in at either of those clubs I mentioned. Here, Jonas would be a nice addition because he's a pretty good wide man and we are lacking in those positions. I'd defo play him there ahead of Osman. Up front, Martins & Owen would be welcome but I don't think either would be in the first 11 whenever Yak & Cahill are available to play together.

At Villa I could see Bassong would play rather than Knight but what about when Laursen is back to partner Davies? Probably not then. Again, the strikers would get some joy with Carew probably on his way, Agbonlahor a bit erratic & Heskey being Heskey.

Apart from that I struggle to think of anyone. You've sold your only real class player in Shay Given who would  have walked into both sides.

At the risk of really pissing you off, I think Spurs have an argument that on paper they should be performing a lot better. I can understand why that gets bandied about in the media but Newcastle? I just don't see it.

i'm sorry but we easilly have the players to be much better than we are. harper would get into quite a few sides in the league, colocinni and bassong are both good enough to play in europe as are beye and enrique. jonas is good enough to play in europe, nolan, barton and guthrie could all play in mid table to lower mid table sides, duff would make most if not all of the first XI's of the teams around us, even if he's been mostly shite since joining newcastle. you even tried to buy smith. butt would also make the teams of some of the teams around us for the same reason he makes our team. ryan taylor was also still playing for wigan, steven taylor would mostbe starting for most of the teams in the bottom half.

viduka, loven owen and martins are all good strikers as well.

Guest optimistic nit

its amazing,....

There's no way Ryan Taylor is a better player than N'Zogbia in a month of Sundays.

he wasn't brought in as nzogbias replacement though.

its amazing,....

you just answered your own question,..lol

so you would have kept given here even though it was quite clear he wanted out?

alot the time when they say newcastle are underperforming and shud be top six etc.  i dont think they mean the current squad they mean in general with the big fan base and stadium etc that we shud be far more successful than we are.