Would Shearer guarantee 52000

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ok i put it to you bunch of sceptics.

A NUFC team top of the championship, battering teams week in week out with Big Al as the gaffer will get crowds of ........................?

And how would that possibly be 'guaranteed'?

I'll accept season ticket sales will be hit in a big way. However, IF we do start having an exceptional run in the Championship i can see us getting up near the 50k mark on a regular basis

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sicko, Im sorry, but on this issue you are deluded beyond belief.

Its all ifs, buts and maybe's. TBH i will be suprised to see Big Al in the dug out next season but who knows. I may be airing on the side of optimism with my numbers, but i wouldnt underestimate the positive feeling that would swell as a result of a positive start with the main man in charge.

I think it will suprise a lot of people

Sicko, Im sorry, but on this issue you are deluded beyond belief.

Its all ifs, buts and maybe's. TBH i will be suprised to see Big Al in the dug out next season but who knows. I may be airing on the side of optimism with my numbers, but i wouldnt underestimate the positive feeling that would swell as a result of a positive start with the main man in charge.

I think it will suprise a lot of people

The only way I can ever see us getting anywhere near a full house is if Sunderland come down too and we are fighting them at the top of the Championship.

25-35k will be the attendance for most games imo.

didn't the mackems numbers drop off (:lol:) when they went down but then once they started winning under keane pick right back up again?

i'd imagine that personally - season tickets will be cancelled but then you've got matchdays available at likely cheaper prices (they'll sell them cheaper on matchday rather than have them empty) a lot of which might well be bought up by bairns

if the team came out of the blocks then it'd pick up, 40000+ i could see quite easily

it'd take a few positive results though

Depends how we do low start of season 30k ish, if where challenging for top near = Full house if not god knows subou if  30k , hope Al stays, if Kinnear comes back in crowds even lower and lots of unrest  :kinnear:

The support is there. People just want to see some regular winning results. Over 5 decades without even a domestic success should impact on any teams support you would think. What would Man U or Liverpool  be drawing with that unenviable record I wonder.

Mind in Keegan's promotion season to the PL we were getting 36,000, and there was people being locked out the ground, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we'd get big crowds IF we're doing as well as we did back then. Problem is now that there are so many teams desperate for promotion to the PL it's a much harder division to get out of than it was back then

Mind in Keegan's promotion season to the PL we were getting 36,000, and there was people being locked out the ground, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we'd get big crowds IF we're doing as well as we did back then. Problem is now that there are so many teams desperate for promotion to the PL it's a much harder division to get out of than it was back then

Guaranteed. I think it was only the 4th or 5th home game of that Keegan season, at home to Tranmere. It was towards the end of the 11 game winning streak at the start of that season. 10,000 fans were locked out (or wanted in anyway - I am sure there wasnt 10,000 fans outside the ground - but it highlighted how much an impact just winning a few games had on the fans).

Difference is, for my generation, and by that I mean anyone pretty much upto the age of 25-30, this will be the first time that kids in that era will have been going to matches on a regular basis by themselves so will be interesting to see if we do get those sorts of crowds.