New Director of Football?

cosmic

I'm all for a DOF in the way Gordon Milne worked under SBR, someone like that who really oversees a lot of the administration work to free up more time for the manager to do the footballing side of his job. Also there has to be transparency in his role, not how under Wise nobody was actually sure what he done.

I think it was more the high profile he had, and the fact the manager didn't seem to know why he was there that was the problem. I was and am far from sure about Milne's role, but so long as the manager knows what's going on, why they're there and most importantly wants them there then there shouldn't be an issue.

This is really the crux of the issue. If the guy's name wasn't Dennis Wise honestly nobody would have cared about him.

Completely disagree with that.

He never talked to the media, was barely visible in public, just went on with his job quietly, which was probably precisely what Ashley wanted him to do.

If he was just another random Spanish bloke like Jimenez or Vertre nowhere near the same amount of vitriol would have been aimed at him.

If people believed that they were one of the main reasons behind Keegan going, then yes of course.

I'm all for a DOF in the way Gordon Milne worked under SBR, someone like that who really oversees a lot of the administration work to free up more time for the manager to do the footballing side of his job. Also there has to be transparency in his role, not how under Wise nobody was actually sure what he done.

I think it was more the high profile he had, and the fact the manager didn't seem to know why he was there that was the problem. I was and am far from sure about Milne's role, but so long as the manager knows what's going on, why they're there and most importantly wants them there then there shouldn't be an issue.

This is really the crux of the issue. If the guy's name wasn't Dennis Wise honestly nobody would have cared about him.

He never talked to the media, was barely visible in public, just went on with his job quietly, which was probably precisely what Ashley wanted him to do.

If he was just another random Spanish bloke like Jimenez or Vertre nowhere near the same amount of vitriol would have been aimed at him.

have to agree with this, the vitriol thrown at wise defied logic

as far as i'm aware there's still no "evidence" that he did anything other than he was employed to do - if mike ashley instructed him to overrule keegan on transfers then fair enough, if he did that off his own back he deserves stick but should never have gotten away with it had he done it anyway

looking at the budget constraints in place i still maintain a decent job was done, wise & team never made the budget they presumably just had to work within it

have to agree with this, the vitriol thrown at wise defied logic

as far as i'm aware there's still no "evidence" that he did anything other than he was employed to do - if mike ashley instructed him to overrule keegan on transfers then fair enough, if he did that off his own back he deserves stick but should never have gotten away with it had he done it anyway

looking at the budget constraints in place i still maintain a decent job was done, wise & team never made the budget they presumably just had to work within it

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.com/2009/02/whos-buying.html