Question for Brummie or any other lurking Villa fans we might have

oldtype

Seeing as how Villa away tickets are sold out, how bad of an idea would it be for me to sit in a home seat at Villa Park to watch us on the last day? Obviously I wouldn't be wearing colors or anything but I don't think I'd be able to hide my emotions if we score/concede/stay up/go down.

Would the Villa supporters around me be hostile/not bothered? Particularly considering that Villa have nothing to play for?

Thanks  :thup:

Seeing as how Villa away tickets are sold out, how bad of an idea would it be for me to sit in a home seat at Villa Park to watch us on the last day? Obviously I wouldn't be wearing colors or anything but I don't think I'd be able to hide my emotions if we score/concede/stay up/go down.

Would the Villa supporters around me be hostile/not bothered? Particularly considering that Villa have nothing to play for?

Thanks  :thup:

With all due respect, you're hardly a 'stereotypical geordie' and I doubt you'd raise any suspicions - if you did magically somehow fail to "hide your emotions" if we concede/scored then at worst you'd probably be labelled a football tourist.

Having been to Villa Park for years to see the Newcastle matches while sat in the home end, it's one of the more docile environments you will find yourself in. Just make sure your accent doesn't give you away O0

I was in the Holte End once. Back in 99.

Had no bother from the Villa fans but the Steward clocked my accent when I walked in and told me "to be quiet or elese you will get thrown out" - even though I was with a local lad.

I remember when I was a kid and went with my stepdad to see Newcastle - Sheffield Wednesday. Due to some misunderstanding we got tickets in the away section, so there I was sitting with my brand new Shearer Newcastle Kit, Newcastle scarf and Newcastle cap right in the middle of all these Sheffield Wednesday fans. Then when Paul Dalglish scored I leaped up from my seat, shouting with hands up in the air and all with around 1000 pair of eyes staring at me with murderous intent, luckily I was 9 year old and managed to avoid getting beaten to death though my stepdad got ticket off by a few angry owls. Good memories, was allowed to change seats in the second-half.