Congrats Sir Alex.

STM

I don't think anything has to be said about his character. Complete grade A asshat. But his management "skills"? To summarise his United career. Shite for 6 years, Liverpool appoint Souness and go down the pan, United buy the league for the decade, as soon as someone appears who can match their spending power there title challenge evaporates. European career? 1 robbery, god knows how many more seasons of getting absolutely nowhere near winning it. Ordinary manager with an extraordinary chequebook.

Only reason he's lasted so long is 90% of the United fans haven't been "supporting" them long enough to remember anything different, hes just part of the furniture to them.

One of the worlds greatest ever managers? So thats why he paid £18.6m for an unsuitable replacement for someone who was past it 3 or more years ago...

Dont think ive ever heard so much shite in all my life. You sound like one of those people, who really want to know things about football, but infact you'd rather watch Touring Cars than a Toon match.

For you to say he's a ordinary manager is astounding. You fail to mention some of the amazing football we have seen them play, the youngsters he has brought through, The FA cups he has won, the list goes on. If you dont like the bloke fair enough, but dont say such stupid things. 

What he said. Sounds like nothing but a pathetic rant from a bitter City fan.

Makes me wonder what you have to do to convince some people.

Of course I'm bitter. This man has brought a generation of "fans" to United that make me want to hurl. I actually don't mind the real ones, but when you're listening to a phone in on local radio and a pissed off daytripper rings in to say "I don't pay my season ticket money to watch United lose"? He's got a lot to answer for.

Pathetic rant? I prefer to think of it as a blinkered analysis.  bluebiggrin.gif

You're entitled to it mate. blueyes.gif

I don't think anything has to be said about his character. Complete grade A asshat. But his management "skills"? To summarise his United career. Shite for 6 years, Liverpool appoint Souness and go down the pan, United buy the league for the decade, as soon as someone appears who can match their spending power there title challenge evaporates. European career? 1 robbery, god knows how many more seasons of getting absolutely nowhere near winning it. Ordinary manager with an extraordinary chequebook.

Only reason he's lasted so long is 90% of the United fans haven't been "supporting" them long enough to remember anything different, hes just part of the furniture to them.

One of the worlds greatest ever managers? So thats why he paid £18.6m for an unsuitable replacement for someone who was past it 3 or more years ago...

What a load of b*llocks!

:lol:

I admit the bias of my personal opinions is beyond Al-Jazeera standard and I've glossed over a lot of his achievements but there a few facts in there and they stand up to scrutiny. Can you explain United's European record from 1999 to present? He has never had any shortage of money in his United career but if memory serves he has won the total of ONE knockout tie since that robbery in Barcelona - And that was against Olympiakos. Last year they finished BOTTOM of their group!  bluelaugh.gif. Hardly top drawer for someone with so much experience and moolah. And do you think the way he "replaced" Keane (IE, he hasn't, despite god knows how many years and god knows how much money) is up to scratch?

What a load of b*llocks!

:lol:

I admit the bias of my personal opinions is beyond Al-Jazeera standard and I've glossed over a lot of his achievements but there a few facts in there and they stand up to scrutiny. Can you explain United's European record from 1999 to present? He has never had any shortage of money in his United career but if memory serves he has won the total of ONE knockout tie since that robbery in Barcelona - And that was against Olympiakos. Last year they finished BOTTOM of their group!  bluelaugh.gif. Hardly top drawer for someone with so much experience and moolah. And do you think the way he "replaced" Keane (IE, he hasn't, despite god knows how many years and god knows how much money) is up to scratch?

Actually, I don't disagree much with you Dr Spectrum. Of course he is not ordinary, but to claim that he is extra ordinary, greatest bla bla bla is plainly stupid.

As you rightly pointed out, he has always had shitloads of money to spend. Of course it takes a good manager to spend big money wisely, but that he has never been starved of fund allows him to buy success from times to time. He has been in charge of Manchester United for 20 years, long enough to mould an ultimate team that could conquer the Europe - the sign of a trully great manager. But Fergie hasn't, the one he won in 1999 is still a lucky strike.

During Fergie's prime in the 90s, he has only had one worthy opponent - Arsene Wenger. And how many times he has lost out to him, despite having a lot more money to spend?

I am not undermining Fergie's achievemnt. I say he is a good manager, a great manager. But greatest? Best? I honestly think that if Rafael Benitez is given a few more years in Liverpool, then his team will also overtake Manchester United. Amongst the top 4 only Manchester United still have medicore players like O'Shea, Silvestre, Fletcher etc playing regularly.

FFS it's Man Utd or Manure or Manchester U not 'United' this is a Newcastle United board and we were United a long time before they were.

Well said!!!

Far too many pricks on here with short memories. Don't you remember what happened in 1996?

Any true Geordie fan wouldn't piss on Ferguson if he was on fire!

FFS it's Man Utd or Manure or Manchester U not 'United' this is a Newcastle United board and we were United a long time before they were.

Well said!!!

Far too many pricks on here with short memories. Don't you remember what happened in 1996?

Any true Geordie fan wouldn't piss on Ferguson if he was on fire!

And the n0bjockey cant say any word with an "L" in it.Listen to him say Liverpool.Granted he's won many trophies but he's also had the unprecedented help of match officials and plenty of spawn to go with it.And if that French thug Cantona had got the life ban he deserved instead of the poxy 6 month ban,we would have won the league in 96.I hated Man Urinal pre Ferguson but now i fucking detest them.

Man Utd's success came not so much from who they bought, but from one amazing accademy class that gave them Beckham, the Nevilles, Gigs and Scholes (did I miss anyone).  That was almost half their first team for almost a decade. Their transfer records is as hit & miss as many teams, but that academy class was like catching "lightning in a bottle" and they would love to do that again, just as every other team would.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Tbh I thought this was an NUFC forum not a wank-fest over some old Scottish alcoholic who's been luckier than chuff!  :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

well, you see there used to be a General Football forum where sensible people could have sensible discussions about football until certain lazy man-bag toting robots got their way