Referees.

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

The ref for the league 2 and championship playoffs are father and son from Ashington. Well done to both.

Guest toonlass

And well done to them both. Ashington is a small town. And for a father and son to be awarded the refs jobs in two playoffs is a hell of an achievement. Sorry for being proud for two blokes who come from my hometown, and represent the north-east at Wembly this weekend.

And well done to them both. Ashington is a small town. And for a father and son to be awarded the refs jobs in two playoffs is a hell of an achievement. Sorry for being proud for two blokes who come from my hometown, and represent the north-east at Wembly this weekend.

it is a bit like being proud that a tory home secretary comes from your hometown though isn't it ?

Also this weekend, Graham Laws of Whitley Bay is 4th official on the League 1 Final, and Mick McDonough is on the line for the Championship Final.  So while it's been a shit season for our teams, it's been good for our refs.  Clattenburg's back tomorrow as well.

Eddie Ilderton from Shiremoor is my dad's mate, he does Championship, League 1 and League 2 games and has fourth-officialed Premier League games as well. He also ran the line at the Shearer testimonial.