Can Ashley afford this?

Decky

So the chances are Ashley will probably panic sell, in some sort of cut and run sale of the century style affair...having first been sure to realise as many assets as possible, leaving us with a rump of a youth /reserve squad and...

...the more I think about it, the more horrific this all sounds...all a bit too familiar in a Ridsdale and Leeds sort of way...

:no:

So the chances are Ashley will probably panic sell, in some sort of cut and run sale of the century style affair...having first been sure to realise as many assets as possible, leaving us with a rump of a youth /reserve squad and...

...the more I think about it, the more horrific this all sounds...all a bit too familiar in a Ridsdale and Leeds sort of way...

There's no similarity between Ridsdale and Ashley.

So are we completely confident that there's going to be no fire sale and no administration facing the club in coming weeks?

The people I'm encountering don't seem angry enough.

? What have you done to prove your anger?

I'll mark it from one to fucking ten.

Don't quite get where you're coming from on this, but if you're wanting the number of how many windows I've smashed today, then I'll freely admit I've done bugger all - would be a bit wasted seeing as I'm down in London at present. I'm talking about the fact that, going on the pubs, telly* and other experiences I've picked up today, I've mainly seen apathy, dejection and, worst of all, acceptance. The kind of response you'd expect to the respectable efforts of WBA's governors. Our case, however, is a travesty. A self-inflicted disgrace. My point is we frankly should be a fucking sight more accusatory in the circumstances. The board ought to be rattled as a result of this, but it looks like they've already gotten away with it to me. All this chat about the 'city's rage being stored up for after the season finished so as not to spoil the support' - ok, now's the time, where was it? Where is it? Shy of something very surprising indeed happening, this is the last time you're gonna get more than a handful of fans together until August, or whenever the hell Division 2 kicks off now. Chance missed. I've seen spite on this message board, but it hardly counts - it's as easily written as it is ignored, and with all due respect to the individuals in question, half of them are foreign. I'm of the view we should have been making as much if not more noise after the whistle than we were before. Even if we don't feel like it we should be stirring ourselves to display the depths of our sentiment - at the moment it's more like we're a big, dumb idiot taking clumps and not responding.

As for marks, take care of yourself.

*Edit: Defiance, the unremitting support for the club that was on display in spite of events is all well and good - it's great in fact - but that wasn't all that was required. There's a time for straight-forward, unadulterated support, but if an edge isn't added where its needed, you end up like a battered wife, getting treated as a 'reliable' beast of burden - taking misery and giving money to whichever set of shitheads run this place.

So are we completely confident that there's going to be no fire sale and no administration facing the club in coming weeks?

Oh right. Because the club is wrecked you think there is a similarity between Ridsdale and Ashley. Fine by me if that's how you want to see it.

Oh right. Because the club is wrecked you think there is a similarity between Ridsdale and Ashley. Fine by me if that's how you want to see it.

The whole Ridsdale/Ashley thing may well be a bad analogy. I'm simply left wondering if we've actually got much of a future left and wondering how long before the financial house of cards built up by the previous regime, and perpetuated by the current regime, comes tumbling down around our ears. There just seems to be a certain inevitability about what has happened and what will happen hereonin. It certainly doesn't seem at all likely that the comedy of errors is over for our club; what seems far more likely is even more pain and tragedy to befall NUFC before we get anywhere near sorting things out.

hating Ashley and blaming him for everything is wrong. It will lead us for more misery.

Classic case of "battered wife syndrome", there. :no:

the loss will be gigantic next year, i think the only way to try and stem that is income from transfer fees, as well as getting rid of high earners.

Let's hope we've honed our negotiating skills since the Given transfer otherwise the transfer fees won't do us much good.