Norwegian / Scandinavian fans

Guest ovesbar

The only decent commentator on C+ is Kenneth Fredheim. The others could just fuck off. I hate the way they wank off to Liverpool and Man Utd. Always beeing sarcastic about the Toon too... :angry:

Guest ovesbar

I can't see any of them doing so on the back of a few emails to be frank.

Sorry.

Point is that Viasat already had the rights, and several times chose to send reruns of motorsport and tennis ahead of championship matches. The amount of Newcastlefans in scandinavia would make such games profitable to broadcast. I am 100% sure that some channel will buy the rights, and surely Newcastle games will get priority, specially if we let them know we're here.

Canal+ Denmark are set to launch a new sportschannel, Canal9, mid July. They claim that they will show Championship football as well, but their intro page does not tell how many CCC games they are going to show:

http://www.canal9.dk/introduktion_topfodbold.aspx

Perhaps it would be a good idea to check whether Canal+ in the other Scandinavian countries are planning to launch Canal9 as well.

(I'm crossing my fingers for TV2 Sport, though)

Not just in Scandanavia, but in several Euro countries I can see us featuring heavily in their Championship coverage (theres still plenty of Championship matches on European satellite systems).

BBC also has the rights to show 10 matches IIRC.

Canal+ Denmark are set to launch a new sportschannel, Canal9, mid July. They claim that they will show Championship football as well, but their intro page does not tell how many CCC games they are going to show:

http://www.canal9.dk/introduktion_topfodbold.aspx

Perhaps it would be a good idea to check whether Canal+ in the other Scandinavian countries are planning to launch Canal9 as well.

(I'm crossing my fingers for TV2 Sport, though)

We already have Kanal 9 in Sweden though courtesy of the Canal+ people. Well actually as it stands TV4 in Sweden actually bought Canal+ Sweden during last season. Kanal 9 is affiliated with Kanal 5 (the previous owners of Canal+).